Friggin 9ers

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Beanie stiffies, 411 passes, SMith picking himself up off the UofP grass giving his offensive linemen that look. Gore is banged up, they think they got us in check and already got their playoff ticket punched? What you talking about Willis?...oh you chillin on the sidelines. :) I hope Whiz is ready to backslap Harbaugh and run of into oblivious blissfulness while Lil Harbaugh gets upset so he can run up and get clowned by DD!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
As long as Alex Smith is leading the teams to wins...I'm not really concerned about the yardage.
Can't argue with that. But, my point about Smith is that he hasn't really improved but the team is winning anyway and Harbaugh is playing to Smith's, and the team's, strength by limiting him. Like you said, the bottom line is wins. I'd take 10-2 with Max Hall at QB.

An example is OSU. They win a NC with a limited offense and Craig Krenzel at QB, give the ball to Mo Clarett, and play great defense but haven't won anything with the more talented Terrel Pryor and Troy Smith running the show.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer beating them to beating the Cowboys.

That's because you are a johnny-come-lately.:D

Those of us who have been around for the last century or two still remember all the epic Cards/Cowboys battles. I can see the Niners filling that roll in the future, but us old timers will probably always hate the Cowboys and their bandwagon fans.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

Those of us who have been around for the last century or two still remember all the epic Cards/Cowboys battles. I can see the Niners filling that roll in the future, but us old timers will probably always hate the Cowboys and their bandwagon fans.

Dallas = Soviet Union
Frisco = China

You are indeed a Cold Warrior 40...but it's time for more progressive thinking.

Thank you for your service, but you're fired. ;)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't argue with that. But, my point about Smith is that he hasn't really improved but the team is winning anyway and Harbaugh is playing to Smith's, and the team's, strength by limiting him. Like you said, the bottom line is wins.

alex smith hasnt improved? how is harbaugh limiting alex by giving him more passing attempts as the season has gone on?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
alex smith hasnt improved? how is harbaugh limiting alex by giving him more passing attempts as the season has gone on?
I don't know about giving him many more passing attempts. The first 2 games of the year he attempted 20 and 24 attempts and the last 2 games he's thrown 24 and 23 passes. He's thrown more than 30 passes 4 times all year and, not coincidentally, three of those 4 resulted in his lowest completion %, including 52.8% against the Cards. Like I said, quit holding him back and unleash him on the league. I hope he starts slinging it 40+ times a game.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about giving him many more passing attempts. The first 2 games of the year he attempted 20 and 24 attempts and the last 2 games he's thrown 24 and 23 passes.
:confused: What does the first two games have to do with the fact that Harbaugh has given Alex Smith more pass attempts as the season has gone on?
But since your brought up the first two games...its nice of you not to mention the 49ers offense (w/o a offseason) was learning a whole new playbook.
But keep telling yourself Smith is only a game manager or that Harbaugh doesn't trust Smith

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He does not have to tell himself. I will gladly listen because I agree. The Forty Niner defense is kick butt, even without Willis and that sums up their record and if I was a Niner fan I would be happy...winning is winning. But please, in the mediocre year without a off season or a Manning in Indy, do not try and make Alex Smith more than what he is and that is just adequate...which is a good thing too because I hope Kolb has another solid outing and shows at least he is that too.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
:confused: What does the first two games have to do with the fact that Harbaugh has given Alex Smith more pass attempts as the season has gone on?
But since your brought up the first two games...its nice of you not to mention the 49ers offense (w/o a offseason) was learning a whole new playbook.
But keep telling yourself Smith is only a game manager or that Harbaugh doesn't trust Smith
I was using it as a point that other than a couple games Alex Smith's pass attempts have been pretty consistent throughout the year.

Smith is only a game manager. There I told myself the truth again.

You should be happy. Trent Dilfer game managed Baltimore to a SB title.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Smith is going down today, 5 sacks, forced fumble, pick 6, worst game of his season, at our house. Tired of these gold diggers, it starts today, we aint having it.

Fitzy11

Reaction score
I was using it as a point that other than a couple games Alex Smith's pass attempts have been pretty consistent throughout the year.

Smith is only a game manager. There I told myself the truth again.

You should be happy. Trent Dilfer game managed Baltimore to a SB title.

look at trent dilfer's stats from his superbowl year. much worse than alex smith's current stats. i think you are underrating his abilities a bit.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Alex Smith is good. I don't think there's a QB in the league that throws a better 5 yard out. And he's really good at getting his team into the end zone.

I've been keeping track and he's thrown 1 pass over 10 yards and Ginn was so surprised he couldn't find it. I think he thought he should call a fair catch.

Alex Smith=======unleash the beast :biglaugh:.

Sad thing is the defense is good so they may still win.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
That guy is great. You guys should build around him. He really scrambled well that last play. I think there were 3 passes over 10 yards all game. All incomplete. :biglaugh:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Red Zone effeceincy is telling about a QB's abilities. 49ers are pitiful inside the Red Zone so.....

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many sacks did we get today?

I believe it was 6. Just think how good this D will be if we get/groom an elite pass rusher.

I don't think Acho with ever be "elite" but Scho has a chance.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I believe it was 6. Just think how good this D will be if we get/groom an elite pass rusher.

I don't think Acho with ever be "elite" but Scho has a chance.
6 is awesome, I think this defense can be elite with Acho and Scho being a big part of it. I'm just amazed the way they shut it down in the redzone, it's ridiculous and stingy, teams are lucky to get 3 points on us right now. But now the defense is doing it across the field, really helped out our field position late in the game. After playing the entire first half, we still depended on them to close it out today, infront of a home crowd. Against the friggin niners, and their fans must have forgotten how to log in. Funny, they've been around all week. :D

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
37 attempts for a buck seventy-five. Not bad, especially when you have Fran Gore running and 3 high draft picks in Crabtree, Davis, and Edwards out there to catch those 4 yard missiles.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
6 is awesome, I think this defense can be elite with Acho and Scho being a big part of it. I'm just amazed the way they shut it down in the redzone, it's ridiculous and stingy, teams are lucky to get 3 points on us right now. But now the defense is doing it across the field, really helped out our field position late in the game. After playing the entire first half, we still depended on them to close it out today, infront of a home crowd. Against the friggin niners, and their fans must have forgotten how to log in. Funny, they've been around all week. :D

I was going off what the color analyst said but it looks like we had 5 sacks. Great news is that is the 2nd week in a row with 5.

The 2nd half was amazing, the D allowed like 2 first downs. Crazy good play. Many are talking about the half time adjustments by Whiz but how about Horton? Everyone is praising Horton for the D's play (rightfully so) but his halftime adjustments are even better.

Two weeks in a row he has game up with a fantastic game plan to beat the opposing QB and then tweaked it during the game for even better results.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe. But for me, now, hating SF is a necessity. Hating Dallas is a luxury. Of course, life is a lot better with a little luxury.

Steve

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going off what the color analyst said but it looks like we had 5 sacks. Great news is that is the 2nd week in a row with 5.

The 2nd half was amazing, the D allowed like 2 first downs. Crazy good play. Many are talking about the half time adjustments by Whiz but how about Horton? Everyone is praising Horton for the D's play (rightfully so) but his halftime adjustments are even better.

Two weeks in a row he has game up with a fantastic game plan to beat the opposing QB and then tweaked it during the game for even better results.

Darren Urban said 5 sacks as well.