Filling Those Holes

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Putting a player in each spot (quality player) can be accomplished if done right? Finding depth at those positions will take another yr or two. If done right this offseason, we could be in the hunt for a wild card in 2020, I truly believe that. Especially if the CBA passes? Extra wild card to be had. That extra spot will take effect in 2020.

2. Cardsfaninlouky

Why? Because SK is in charge lol?

3. BritCard

BritCard Registered

People need to give the WR's from last years draft a break (and Kirk come to think of it). It's probably the 2nd hardest position to transition after QB.

As well as adapting the the physical differences and better opponents there is a tonne of mental stuff to process. If you look at a lot of WR's in the league they have bad or non existent first years.

Add in the fact Kirk had to learn two very different offenses, and they all had a rookie HC and rookie QB with the training wheels on last year.

I think it's harsh to right them off. I see a lot of potential there (except Isabella who I didn't like before we drafted him :))

daves and Cardsfaninlouky like this.
  4. Cardsfaninlouky

I still think Isabella can become a decent player, there's definitely things he can improve on which will take time. KK can get creative with him. He needs to not be put in the slot though. His speed belongs on the outside. Kirk is a good #2-3 WR but we do need a true #1 WR. Now, does that come in this draft or next? Maybe FA? I have no idea but we do need one. Many holes to fill on this team & they have to be filled in whatever order. DL is the weakest link imo. I haven't given up on Butler either, he's loaded with potential & I can't wait to see him on the field next season. KJ...............he runs good routes & catches most passes but he's slow as dog$#/+. I have no idea what the future holds for him? After the Halloween game against the 49ers he didn't see the field a lot.

5. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I still think Kirk can be a WR1.

He's had 3 OCs, 2 HCs, 3 QB's and at least 2 playbooks. He's also had 2 seasons broken up by injuries.

If he hadn't been injured in year 1 he wouldn't have been too dissimilar to DK Metcalfs rookie numbers. Even in that garbage offense.

I'm expecting a big year from Kirk if he stays fit. He's got a HC and QB that should both be better, he's in his 3rd year and 2nd year with this playbook. It shouldn't be beyond him to have a Chris Godwin type year.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    daves, Cardsfaninlouky and CardNots like this.
  6. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

Here is where I am unwilling to compromise...Kyler Murray's growth and development...everything else is worth waiting on. It is why I am so focused on OT in round 1. It is not that I think OL is the biggest need, but it is something that enables Murray to develop. That said, Derrick Brown, Chase Young and Jeffrey Okudah are legit.

7. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

We have to add to this defense in free agency. Olb, Ilb, De and Dt. We won’t be able to fill those 4 spots but we need to fill two of them.

in the draft we can fill a third and maybe add depth to the fourth. So what may be available in those positions?

I think there’s a chance either Brown or Kinlaw will be available. the lists I’ve looked at have both of those players as DT. So signing a guy like Harris and Judon could be a F/A target which means we may have to live with Walker as one of ilb. Or sign ilb Kwiatkoski and live with Riddick as our olb.

With that road we can take bpa in the rest of the draft. Whether it’s rb, wr ol, dl, or lb. Bottom line we need to add two quality experienced players on the defensive side of the ball and go from there.

daves likes this.