Edge's comment

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
you guys can say what you want about Edge but I thought this was a pretty classy statement...

“This verifies the reason I came (to Arizona),” James said. “I knew we had potential. It’s unfortunate the situation with myself, but at the end of the day, you’re happy for the city of Phoenix, you’re happy for the fans, you’re happy for the Bidwills and (GM) Rod Graves.”

Source- Urban's blog

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No wonder all of his teammates think he's a selfish bastard. Oh wait, that's some of the fans. Never mind.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say once again, I am deeply impressed by the way Edge has handled his demotion. There is no way in hell I'd be able to stay that classy in his position. The guy is a solid individual, even if he may have lost a step on the field.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I have to say once again, I am deeply impressed by the way Edge has handled his demotion. There is no way in hell I'd be able to stay that classy in his position. The guy is a solid individual, even if he may have lost a step on the field.

Gotta give a ton of credit to Whiz for this... He made it clear from his first day on the job, that his simple philosophy will be - the best players will play... period...
Leinart? Riding the pine...
Edge? Riding the pine...

Great leaders do what all leaders are supposed to do - make tough decisions. The great leaders separate themselves however in these moments, when tough decisions are made. How the TEAM deals with the decisions is more a testament to the leader than anything else... Whiz is proving to be a tremendous leader. He has built a TEAM. One that seems to be able to withstand the fallout from tough circumstances (Jets and Philly blow-outs, Warner over Matty, Hightower over Edge...).

Kudos to the Whiz!

Reaction score
It was also reported that Edge went around the locker room and had his NFC WEST CHAMPIONS hat signed by all the team. He is a champion in my book! Proud to have him as a Cardinal!

Plus: he had some good snaps yesterday... :)

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
It was also reported that Edge went around the locker room and had his NFC WEST CHAMPIONS hat signed by all the team. He is a champion in my book! Proud to have him as a Cardinal!

Plus: he had some good snaps yesterday... :)

I couldn't say it better myself.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did you see...

all the "taps" on the helmet he got after a couple runs produced a 1st down?? "Edge" is still very much a part of this team. THANK-YOU "Edge" for giving your ALL as an Arizona Cardinal!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the classiest best players we have had in Cardinal land. Wish he would have gotten more touches as he looked good in the ones he had.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
One of the classiest best players we have had in Cardinal land. Wish he would have gotten more touches as he looked good in the ones he had.

Kurt Warner and Aeneas Williams define class in my opinion. I would not consider Edge among the classy Cardinals.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Edge is alright.

Classy is going overboard, but he's alright, he was a bit full of himself and now well he's less so and that's good, and he's a good guy.

It dosen't always have to be one extreme or another, classy or not.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You indeed are entitled to your opinion, but keep in mind you really don't know Edge and what kind of person he is. Anyone who knows the guy has nothing but positive things to say about him.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I think that in plain truth all three RB's deserve to be in the mix in some ways.
I'm sure that Edge can see that as well. Hightower, after his first Rams game has not lit anything up and Arrington has been solid. All three deserve to be in the RB mix however although Edge would prefer the bulk of the work it's just not the reality now. Go :newcards:

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
You indeed are entitled to your opinion, but keep in mind you really don't know Edge and what kind of person he is. Anyone who knows the guy has nothing but positive things to say about him.

His comments and actions after being benched tell me all I need to know about him. Look, I am glad he's a Cardinal. The conversation is about class. I define class by guys like Warner and A. Williams. I said that Edge does not fit in that group of class, and he does not.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His comments and actions after being benched tell me all I need to know about him.

Which would that be? Smilling and genuinely excited with Hightower as he rumbled against the rams. Not saying anything, but two weeks later his agent let it slip that he asked to be released behind closed doors? Getting the game ball from Tim because of all the help he gave him?

His comments and actions after the benching have been great...not acting like a cancer at all. I've been impressed by it.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Great comment by Edge (true)...but it came just a few days after telling the Florida media that he feels like an "inmate" in Arizona.

Sure...Edge being Edge...right?

His handling of his demotion has not been the least bit classy and to suggest it has by making excuses about his pride, etc, is strictly moot.

Whatever happened to the attitude of "hey, I will show everyone that I still deserve to start by working hard and persevering"????

Instead he wants out immediately...and then describes himself as an inmate.

Warner got benched in NY for Eli...did he ask for an immediate release?

What Warner did in NY and here this off-season having to go into camp as the #2 QB are examples of class and a pro athlete who takes the challenge of the situation and tries to rise up to it.

But, he doesn't throw the team and the organization under the bus, especially in this case when the team is achieving unfounded success.

Last edited:

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great comment by Edge (true)...but it came just a few days after telling the Florida media that he feels like an "inmate" in Arizona.

Sure...Edge being Edge...right?

His handling of his demotion has not been the least bit classy and to suggest it has by making excuses about his pride, etc, is strictly moot.

Whatever happened to the attitude of "hey, I will show everyone that I still deserve to start by working hard and persevering"????

Instead he wants out immediately...and then describes himself as an inmate.

Warner got benched in NY for Eli...did he ask for an immediate release?

What Warner did in NY and here this off-season having to go into camp as the #2 QB are examples of class and a pro athlete who takes the challenge of the situation and tries to rise up to it.

But, he doesn't throw the team and the organization under the bus, especially in this case when the team is achieving unfounded success.

You hit the nail on the head once again Mitch.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The reporter used the word "joked" with that quote. Which tempers that comment quite a bit.

It was clear Edge's teammates were happy to see him back on the field. After his 7 yd run, about half the offense congratulated him. And, he's still talking to Hightower on the sidelines after almost every series. That's more important to me than a comment in some small town Florida paper.

No matter what, Edge will be gone after this year. Another RB will be very high on the list of offseason needs.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
His comments and actions after being benched tell me all I need to know about him. Look, I am glad he's a Cardinal. The conversation is about class. I define class by guys like Warner and A. Williams. I said that Edge does not fit in that group of class, and he does not.

are you talking about curt warner? - because kurt warner never saw a benching that he wasn't vocally against

he makes edge seem like a choir boy as far as handling demotion

Reaction score
Considering all the Warner and Edge "controversy" threads I sincerely hope that with success that we (Cardinal fans) don't begin to eat our young...

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was also reported that Edge went around the locker room and had his NFC WEST CHAMPIONS hat signed by all the team.

Which, if the Cards go on to win the Super Bowl, he'll try to sell on e-bay.

Just kidding... Edge has reffirmed he's a class act in my book.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard