Edge's comment

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Look, a lot of stuff happens behind closed doors that the general public is not aware of. Only his teammates know for sure. The "inmate" comment is disturbing.

Edge knows he won't be here next year, but he's trying to put on a brave front.

Kody

Registered
Reaction score
some of you guys need to quit complaining about how he acted after he was benched. he could have been MUCH worse. he hardly said anything, compared to what other players might have done in his situation

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
You indeed are entitled to your opinion, but keep in mind you really don't know Edge and what kind of person he is. Anyone who knows the guy has nothing but positive things to say about him.

And do you know him? Actually that would explain a lot..

RolleRocks

Registered
Reaction score
Great comment by Edge (true)...but it came just a few days after telling the Florida media that he feels like an "inmate" in Arizona.

Sure...Edge being Edge...right?

His handling of his demotion has not been the least bit classy and to suggest it has by making excuses about his pride, etc, is strictly moot.

Whatever happened to the attitude of "hey, I will show everyone that I still deserve to start by working hard and persevering"????

Instead he wants out immediately...and then describes himself as an inmate.

Warner got benched in NY for Eli...did he ask for an immediate release?

What Warner did in NY and here this off-season having to go into camp as the #2 QB are examples of class and a pro athlete who takes the challenge of the situation and tries to rise up to it.

But, he doesn't throw the team and the organization under the bus, especially in this case when the team is achieving unfounded success.
This is so good.

It should be made a "Sticky."

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I agree with Mitch and RolleRocks.

With that said, my position on this ever since I've heard about this was that I can see where Edge is coming from. He's use to being the primary RB and it's got to be hard on him to be a backup. He's getting paid good money to be the backup tho and at this point with the poor run blocking of the O-Line, it doesn't matter who the RB is.

I haven't seen the article that Mitch is talking about, but even jokingly "inmate" is a bit over the top. Overall, I think he's handled this situation a lot better than most RBs in his situation probably would.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Great comment by Edge (true)...but it came just a few days after telling the Florida media that he feels like an "inmate" in Arizona.

Did people actually read the article or not. He was clearly jocking around and being sarcastic. The author of the article even stated as such. Mountians out of moles hills once again.

His handling of his demotion has not been the least bit classy and to suggest it has by making excuses about his pride, etc, is strictly moot.

Whatever happened to the attitude of "hey, I will show everyone that I still deserve to start by working hard and persevering"????

Instead he wants out immediately...and then describes himself as an inmate.

He stated somethings in one interview when he got benched. ONE. Afterwards he stated he should have kept his mouth shut and regreted even talking to the media at all. He asked to be released behind closed doors, they said no, he didnt make a fuss about it at all. We didnt even hear about it until 3 weeks later and he still didnt make a fuss about it. In fact Wiz stated outright that since the one missed practice during the bye week Edge has been doing nothing but working hard in pratice like he usually does. The fans and the media made a bigger deal out of this then Edge or the Cards actually did.

People just dont realize that this kind of stuff happens often behind closed doors, with stars and scrubs. We just dont hear about it.

Warner got benched in NY for Eli...did he ask for an immediate release?

What Warner did in NY and here this off-season having to go into camp as the #2 QB are examples of class and a pro athlete who takes the challenge of the situation and tries to rise up to it.

Do people have revisionist history or what. Warner was quoted many times, in NY and in AZ, to many media people about him possibly wanting to be traded if he didnt get the #1 job. He hinted many times and even outright stated that if he wasnt the starter he would like to be traded or released so he could be the starter somewhere else, becuase he knows he could still play. Warner was actually more vocal about it then Edge has been.

I dont see what the big deal with what Edge or Warner did. Its just fans trying to find something to talk about or something because its mountians out of mole hills.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Gotta give a ton of credit to Whiz for this... He made it clear from his first day on the job, that his simple philosophy will be - the best players will play... period...
Leinart? Riding the pine...
Edge? Riding the pine...

Great leaders do what all leaders are supposed to do - make tough decisions. The great leaders separate themselves however in these moments, when tough decisions are made. How the TEAM deals with the decisions is more a testament to the leader than anything else... Whiz is proving to be a tremendous leader. He has built a TEAM. One that seems to be able to withstand the fallout from tough circumstances (Jets and Philly blow-outs, Warner over Matty, Hightower over Edge...).

Kudos to the Whiz!

Outstanding post, 82.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Did people actually read the article or not. He was clearly jocking around and being sarcastic. The author of the article even stated as such. Mountians out of moles hills once again.

He stated somethings in one interview when he got benched. ONE. Afterwards he stated he should have kept his mouth shut and regreted even talking to the media at all. He asked to be released behind closed doors, they said no, he didnt make a fuss about it at all. We didnt even hear about it until 3 weeks later and he still didnt make a fuss about it. In fact Wiz stated outright that since the one missed practice during the bye week Edge has been doing nothing but working hard in pratice like he usually does. The fans and the media made a bigger deal out of this then Edge or the Cards actually did.

People just dont realize that this kind of stuff happens often behind closed doors, with stars and scrubs. We just dont hear about it.

Do people have revisionist history or what. Warner was quoted many times, in NY and in AZ, to many media people about him possibly wanting to be traded if he didnt get the #1 job. He hinted many times and even outright stated that if he wasnt the starter he would like to be traded or released so he could be the starter somewhere else, becuase he knows he could still play. Warner was actually more vocal about it then Edge has been.

I dont see what the big deal with what Edge or Warner did. Its just fans trying to find something to talk about or something because its mountians out of mole hills.
This post should be a sticky. joe hit the nail on the head.

Reaction score
Simple question: How many of us, at sometime or other, regarding their employment casually referred to themselves or the employees as "inmates"?

I have.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Simple question: How many of us, at sometime or other, regarding their employment casually referred to themselves or the employees as "inmates"?

I have.
*raises hand*

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Outstanding post, 82.

I really, really want to accept your compliment and all... but seriously, with an avatar like yours, you don't really expect me to read any of your comments do you?? Let alone respond coherently... I forgot my name for gods sake!!

;)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If memory serves correct the crowd gave a big cheer when he came into the game.

So I guess the feeling is mutual :)