DreamCatcher

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a very freaky movie that had a very good cast and some very good scare value IMO!

I usually am not a big fan of Stephen King movies other than Misery, and Cujo.

But I must say I really liked this movie! The aliens in this movie are pretty freaky and the sstory line is actually pretty good which is unusual for a "horror" flick!

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched it on Monday. Thought it was okay. The character acting was just so-so, however, there were a few scary parts in it and by far and away the best actor in it was Damian Lewis who played the role of "Jonesy". He did an outstanding job in my opinion.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I'm kind of on the fence about this one.

I read the book and loved the book. The book does a much better job explaining everything that's happening but that's kind of a given I guess. I admire the job that Kasdan did but there was just too much content to work with. By the end of the movie the audience was left feeling like there was something they missed. "A" for effort but overall I'd have to give it a "C".

Most actors did a great job with their part but I really didn't think Freeman fit the part at all. Curtis (Kurtz, in the book) was an absolute, sociopathic animal. Freeman was too composed for that. Sizemore's character was very underdeveloped. Why the hell did the suicidal psychiatrist start talking like Adam West towards the end? To me, that actor was like a poor man's Aaron Eckhart. Jason Lee was awesome, as was Damian Lewis and whoever it was that played Pete.

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

I really thought the helicopter fight at the end was absolutely ********. Why would a highly trained soldier try and take out a helicopter in the middle of a snow-white clearing (while wearing black, no less)? He didn't even run for cover!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I watched this a few years ago. I wish I had read the book first. Stephen King is my favorite writer. I always enjoy the movies that are made from his books. However, except for The Stand, the movie usually doesn’t compare to the book. I thought Thomas Jane did an excellent job. I read on IMDB that he did the movie because his mom is a huge fan of Stephan King.