Dragic will not sign extension with Suns

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I just find it funny that many here are trying to down Dragic saying he isn't that good or whatever and yet EVERY team's forum and every team media person is posting or tweeting their dream scenario about trying to land Dragic.

Lol yea he must be so bad that the rest of the NBA is trying to get him.

You completely misunderstand the point. Many of us here like Dragic a lot, and think he's a very good player. That's not the argument. The argument is whether or not you'd want to commit 20 million per year for him.

Would you?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just find it funny that many here are trying to down Dragic saying he isn't that good or whatever and yet EVERY team's forum and every team media person is posting or tweeting their dream scenario about trying to land Dragic.

Lol yea he must be so bad that the rest of the NBA is trying to get him.

It's the trade deadline and he's prob the biggest name available right now. What else would you expect?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You completely misunderstand the point. Many of us here like Dragic a lot, and think he's a very good player. That's not the argument. The argument is whether or not you'd want to commit 20 million per year for him.

Would you?

I don't think he'll actually get $20 million per year offers. It's all just BS thrown out to try and get the Suns to panic.

Let's assume you are right though, with the cap expected to massively rise, how bad will $20M/yr look in that aspect?

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Would you?

The answer to this question is totally dependent on who is on the team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would you?

winner winner chicken dinner.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
if they just sit tight and hope he comes back next season, i start seriously thinking McD is a moron... and if he ends up coming back and pays him 20 million per... I think the same thing.

they tried this experiment... it didn't work and no one's happy. they hitched their wagon to Bledsoe, now for good or bad, they have to ride it.

This is it in a nutshell. I like Dragic WAY more than Bledsoe, as a player, "leader", off-court, the whole enchilada. But that doesn't matter now. They do have to move forward.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The answer to this question is totally dependent on who is on the team.

Let's say a team that is vying to compete for a championship. In what situation do you envision paying a very good but not great player 20 million and hoping to win it all?

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let's say a team that is vying to compete for a championship. In what situation do you envision paying a very good but not great player 20 million and hoping to win it all?

Well I guess I would have a problem with the assumption that Dragic is just a good player. I think he's great and that last year wasn't a fluke. Even this year given everything he's still been one of the most efficient guards. Were he handling the ball more and getting more transition baskets and free throws he'd be just as efficient this year.

So to me he's in that group of guards below Curry that are all very close together. Bledose isn't in that group and I doubt very much he ever gets there. He just doesn't understand the game well enough, will likely never learn it and has insufficient shooting and ball handling skills to elevate himself.

When it comes to paying out that kind of money, it's a lot but since the yardstick is growing, I don't think people's perceptions have had enough time to adapt to the new yardstick. That's working against the general idea of paying Dragic and shouldn't be. Reality is, even if it's misunderstood.

Bottom line for me. Yup, you'd have to pony up to the market. Dragic is a top 8ish PG and you have to pay to get and keep those guys. You get very few cracks at them. For the Suns though, the game is over. Dragic doesn't want to play with Bledsoe so you have to move him. This situation is entirely McD's doing (well, plus a little on Hornacek.)

Last edited:

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good thing the Suns have a better PG than Dragic still.

You're going to get a chance to see if that's true or not. The ball is now in Bledsoe's court. Let's see what he does with it.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It is already in his hand and he unlike Dragic never went about his free agency ******* himself out to any reporter he spoke to on a road trip.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good thing the Suns have a better PG than Dragic still.

No they really don't.

Dragic comes out and says he doesn't trust the front office. This is really unusual. It's not like Dragic is some young rookie he's been in a league a minute and he's never shown this kind of character clearly something is going on between the two camps that we don't know about

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No they really don't.

Dragic comes out and says he doesn't trust the front office. This is really unusual. It's not like Dragic is some young rookie he's been in a league a minute and he's never shown this kind of character clearly something is going on between the two camps that we don't know about

My guess is it has something to do with McD. I never liked that prick. Always seemed like a weasel. Smooth talking con artist IMO. I remember it wasn't more than a couple weeks he had been here and he was going back on things he said. I also wonder if it has anything to do with Zoran. Bring him in and play him 13 minutes.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No they really don't.

Do you have a link on this?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Do you have a link on this?
Paul Coro @paulcoro · 31 Min. Vor 31 Minuten

Goran Dragic on the Suns front office: "I don't trust them any more."
0 Antworten 556 Retweets 202 Favoriten
Übersetzung anzeigen
Paul Coro @paulcoro · 35 Min. Vor 35 Minuten

Goran Dragic: "I don't feel comfortable with the situation." He said he wants to leave the Suns because his role changed.

Dragic is preparing for the most classless Suns exit in a long time.

Looks like his attitude is matching his body language.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is it has something to do with McD. I never liked that prick. Always seemed like a weasel. I remember it wasn't more than a couple weeks he had been here and he was going back on things he said. I also wonder if it has anything to do with Zoran. Bring him in and play him 13 minutes.

This was going on before McDonough arrived with Lon Babby. Babby kept saying Nash wasn't going anywhere.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This was going on before McDonough arrived with Lon Babby. Babby kept saying Nash wasn't going anywhere.

Babby.. I dislike Babby..

Old geezer who should retire and does not know what it takes to win. Maybe he is good with numbers but who knows.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dragic is preparing for the most classless Suns exit in a long time.

Looks like his attitude is matching his body language.

Like I said before this is really out of character for him. Something has to be going on. Especially since he's throwing the word trust out there

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty much everywhere now I got it on my phone as an update. It's legit.

Thanks. I believe it is legit. I just wanted to see it in print because it does not sound like the Dragic I know.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Babby.. I dislike Babby..

Old geezer who should retire and does not know what it takes to win. Maybe he is good with numbers but who knows.

I'm just used to the days of Jerry Colangelo where his word is his bond. Lon Babby layed it on hard that the Suns were keeping Nash.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right, Babby is a bullchitter as well.

Last edited:

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm hearing this from him. Suns play Twolves on Friday. Something has got to give.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Jeffrey Sanders @JeSanders11

Dragic on if the #Suns can do something to change his mind, "I already made up my mind. It's 2 years, I played hard and every year is same."

Must have forgot that 2 years ago he lead us to 24-58 record.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is it has something to do with McD. I never liked that prick. Always seemed like a weasel. Smooth talking con artist IMO. I remember it wasn't more than a couple weeks he had been here and he was going back on things he said. I also wonder if it has anything to do with Zoran. Bring him in and play him 13 minutes.

Met him in person. Guy is a dick. I've also met Brian colangelo. World of difference between the two.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson