Dragic will not sign extension with Suns

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by az jam, Feb 17, 2015.

1. az jam

az jam Registered User

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
    Goran Dragic's agent informed the Suns tonight that Dragic will not sign an extension in Phoenix this summer, league sources tell Yahoo.

2. az jam

az jam Registered User

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
    Bill Duffy, agent for Dragic, offered a list of teams that they would prefer to be traded, including the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

3. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Banned

Unbelievable. We took a player who was an All NBA Third team and pissed him off within months.

I really hope signing Isaiah Thomas was worth it.

4. az jam

az jam Registered User

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 22s23 seconds ago
    The Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks are among preferred destinations for Goran Dragic, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

5. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Banned

I'd rather let him walk for nothing than trade him to LAL, NYK or Miami. They have absolutely nothing that I'd want.

6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I'd take a first round pick from ANY of them.

7. WuRaider

WuRaider Registered

:(.....Isiah Thomas better be moved in a deal that brings us a championship because losing Dragic sucks

8. Finito

Finito Registered

And the Bledsoe contact oh and drafting another point guard in round 1. The dumbest damn off season I can remember.

9. Finito

Finito Registered

Knowing the suns it's going to be a protected pick we won't see for 5 years. Knicks and Lakers both are horrible there not going to give up an unprotected 1 this year

10. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

11. FutureSuperstar

FutureSuperstar Registered

The Suns can still get value for Dragic, even w/ this leaked info. I don't buy that his "trade value" is lowered from this info ...

Sure, now the Suns have to trade him, but it'll still be a competition between teams to make the best offer to the Suns. The Suns also aren't forced to send him to a team on his "preferred list" - A team would still value Dragic just an expiring, + to potentially sign him after this year ... If the info wasn't leaked, a team would be some-what reluctant to trade for him knowing he could walk after this year ... W/ the leak, "repeat previous sentence".

The Suns are still in a position to listen to the best offers and trade him to any team they want (could possibly even get more now - after the leak - from a team on Dragic's "list" because there's a greater chance he'll re-sign there ...)

Some people will blame/fault the Suns for getting so many guards and driving Dragic out. I'll take the positive approach and credit the Suns for acquiring so many guards w/ the knowledge/possibility that Dragic wouldn't resign !!! ... I'm happy Goodwin/Ennis now have a chance now, probably starting next season, to really break through

12. Finito

Finito Registered

Dude even the GM has said on record the roster is really unbalanced and pretty much admitted he messed up.

13. TJ

TJ R.I.P. Legend

Back during the Colangelo days, the team found ways to make just about every player happy. Now, they've managed to piss off people to the point that they want out and no free agents want to come to Phoenix.

Awesome job, Suns.

14. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Here is one of the reasons a team would be willing to trade for Dragic. They can fend off competitors by paying him more money.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/567893735763243008

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  15. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

it's hard to argue with this.

Gonna be hard to sell this team as a FA destination after this. I'm sure others will say no, but that's gonna be a hard argument to make when a generally well liked guy, coming off an ALL-NBA season tells his team to shove it up their ass one year later.