D'Backs @ Giants Thread (4 Games)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People who are living in the 21st century and use sabermetrics.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some say that firing Hale isn't going to make us better and that we will be stuck with Matt Williams and that no top coaches would want to come here and coach this team. The product that TLR and Stewart are putting out there has failed miserably, I mean we're not even hanging around .500, we are a bottom 10 baseball club and were pretty much out of it for most of the year. I am just losing patience with this organization. I just don't know what this FO can do to improve this team, we have serious holes in the pitching staff and a farm system that isn't anything to write home about. We just have to be lucky and hope we have some Goldschmidt type caliber players who flew under the radar hiding in our farm system.

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chip Hale didn't break Pollack's arm or Peralta's leg. He didn't make Miller forget how to pitch. He didn't make Goldschmidt look like a rookie for two months.
Changes need to be made, but these problems aren't coming from Hale's in game decisions.
The last thing we need to do is fall into rebuild mode. We're just emerging from rebuild mode and actually have a great stable of young talent. And an ace.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chip Hale didn't break Pollack's arm or Peralta's leg. He didn't make Miller forget how to pitch. He didn't make Goldschmidt look like a rookie for two months.
Changes need to be made, but these problems aren't coming from Hale's in game decisions.
The last thing we need to do is fall into rebuild mode. We're just emerging from rebuild mode and actually have a great stable of young talent. And an ace.

We haven't gone through a rebuild since 2004-2006. That was 10 years ago. We've gone through several failed "reload" iterations since then though.

This isn't a team that is just a step or two away from competing. That's pretty obvious given the record.

I'm not sure where this miracle will come from to make us a contender.

I do agree that Hale is not the main problem, but he's certainly not making a positive contribution either.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
At this point, I hope not. But managers are fired every year that had similar injury and production problems. It goes with the territory.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't blame Hale for the injuries.

If a manager is not affecting his personal, what is he doing?

I do blame Hale for having Captain Windmill at third base.
I do blame Hale for boneheaded decisions like pitching to a batter when there are two outs and one of the worst hitting pitchers is on deck.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Its not his fault they put together a bad collection of talent but it does seem like the team has quit on him.

sent from a fone
If a team quits on you, it is your fault. Always has been. At the very least you will take the blame. Managing is not fair, he may excel in a different environment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn