CNNSI's Don Banks on the 2004 Draft

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
Don Banks wrote an article on how the 1st round of the draft would go if it were held again today. Obviously, he has Rothlisberger at 1, Roy Williams at 2 and had Fitz dropping to 7. He had nice things to say about Dansby who he has as the 12th best rookie and even managed to get in a jab at McCown. Surprising that he didn't have Dockett in his revised 1st round.

Here are the parts about Fitzgerald and Dansby:
Arizona Cardinals
ELI MANNING, QB, Mississippi
Original pick: Larry Fitzgerald
OK, Dennis Green. We like some of Josh McCown's qualities, too. But he's shown himself to be a middle-of-pack quarterback at best. You didn't want to take a franchise quarterback at No. 3 the first time around, but you might as well, as much as you had to pay receiver Larry Fitzgerald. Besides, you don't have a choice this time. It's Manning, and I'd advise you to not take any calls from his father.
New York Jets
KARLOS DANSBY, LB, Auburn
Original pick: Jonathan Vilma
With no Vilma on the board, we'll award the Jets our first really big climber, Dansby. He went with the first pick of the second round, No. 33, to Arizona. But his play has warranted a rise of 21 spots to New York. He has been making plays all over the place for the much-improved Cardinals defense, with four sacks, three fumble recoveries and one interception.
link

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Darnell Dockett should be on that list.... he's had a bigger impact than most defensive rookies

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
22 Buffalo Bills

Craig Krenzel, QB, Ohio State
Original pick: J.P. Losman
You?re scoffing, right? Krenzel, a fifth-round pick of the Bears, in the first round? Well, look here. He?s 3-0 as a starter in Chicago, and while his numbers aren?t much to brag about, he?s not losing games. That kind of quarterbacking would play pretty well in Buffalo these days, where the defense is superb and Drew Bledsoe needs to be put out of his misery. J.P. Losman got himself hurt this preseason. Otherwise the Bills' reality pick might have fit nicely here.

:biglaugh:

Is he serious?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
:biglaugh:

Is he serious?
More than half the board would tell you it's not about stats, but rather lack of turnovers that count. I mean loom at McCown--he only has 4 turnovers so almost no matter what he should remain the starter.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pariah said:
More than half the board would tell you it's not about stats, but rather lack of turnovers that count. I mean loom at McCown--he only has 4 turnovers so almost no matter what he should remain the starter.

hmmmmm..... I believe you're not very keen on McCown, so I'll classify this as sarcasm.

But I'm sure that you know TOs are one of the most important stats in the game. And Josh is not committing many.

I agree with those that say that he's been lucky. "lucky" is probably understating it.

Josh has been "unbelievably fortunate" that some of his throw aways have not been picked off in the last couple of games. Fate has been on his side.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
hmmmmm..... I believe you're not very keen on McCown, so I'll classify this as sarcasm.

But I'm sure that you know TOs are one of the most important stats in the game. And Josh is not committing many.

I agree with those that say that he's been lucky. "lucky" is probably understating it.

Josh has been "unbelievably fortunate" that some of his throw aways have not been picked off in the last couple of games. Fate has been on his side.

I'd say he's been 'sucking' lucky, but he can't be sucking...he's throwing for sooo many yards and not losing games :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort