Clippers @ Suns Saturday 10-26-19 game thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They're getting screwed by the refs but staying at it is important to overcome that. Not only are they able to stay in the game but they've been able to win despite the officiating. Eddie Johnson talked about it briefly during the game, about staying with it and let Monty talk to the refs. This team is doing that and I think we'll see the refs swallow their whistle more in the future. They are establishing an identity and so long as the players stay consistent with their playstyle and not jaw at the refs, we'll see in the future that the refs shouldn't be the issue they have been.
They were actually able to eventually turn the officiating in this game. The foul total 21-11 in favor of the Clippers at halftime, but that close to 34-32 by the end of the game.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Scrappy, just scrappy. Culture change is happening in Phoenix and NBA caliber players up and down the lineup. Most impressive IMO, without Rubio and Ayton we did this. If we stay in the hunt for a playoff spot, we may become buyers at the trade deadline, we have appealing assets.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
HELL YEAH!!!

tonight was the first game in years I found myself pumping my fist throughout the game and frustrated with foul calls.

I LOVE this team after just three games. Monty has been a godsend. He’s got them all, even booker, buying in. I don’t know if the intensity and energy they expend each game is sustainable over an entire season but their depth should help in that regard. They playing defense, they are playing hard, and they seem to enjoy playing with each other and in this system.

I’m starting to become a believer in baynes, Frank, Carter, and Tyler being reliable contributors. If Cam knicks down the treys he’s getting this team becomes dangerous when Ayton is back. And man, if Rubio ever finds even some touch from outside this season - WHOOOO!

and nice game from saric. TJ mentioned he’s so awkward, but that’s who he is. He’s hitting the board and if his three is back, he’s a nice heady part of the team.

cant believe we are 1 point away from 3-0 including what would’ve been w’s over Denver (shame) and clips.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just noticed looking at the boxscore that Diallo didn't play at all. I thought Cam returning might help out with our bigs but I didn't think it would push Diallo out of the rotation. I'm glad he didn't play. He needs some time down in the G-League but that season doesn't start for another week or so. It started the first week of November the last couple of years and I suspect that will be the same this year.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doc Rivers in the postgame...

"Even if we had won the game, we had no business winning the game tonight," said Clippers coach Doc Rivers. "They just played so much better. They were so much more committed to what they were doing. In every aspect of the game, I just thought they were better."

He says more than that, he talks in detail some and gives props to Carter and Booker specifically.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whats the story with Carters shoes?
This is another shoe story

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
No matter if we make the playoffs in the tough west or not, if they play like this regularly I am a happy camper. I wasn't mad at all for the Denver game, I thought we would for sure lose that with Ayton gone and we just missed it.

I like that coach has an issue on who he's gonna play, our bench is deep.

I think Baynes needs to chill just a little because he can get into foul trouble easy and that will hurt during these next 24 games.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whats the story with Carters shoes?
This is another shoe story
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention his mismatched color shoes—one black, one white.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The chant of "Beat LA" is back.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In his review of the game, Stan Van Gundy said that Aron Baynes is the best screener in the NBA and it is not close.

I really want to keep Baynes and Carter long term.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard