Crystal Ball 2025 - Who stays and who goes

Who's still in Phoenix next season?

• Total voters

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting exercise. I ended up picking Booker, Beal and Grayson, and that really does seem like that will be it.

Well actually that won't be it - Roddy, and Little will also probably be back because they are under contract and they cant be packaged in deals and nobody else is going to want them.

Nurk also I suppose, although if we get under the 2nd apron he may get moved by the trade deadline

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t pick KD because I want him gone. Body language goes a long way. I suspect player exit interviews will tell a lot about the big 3.

I also think Ishbia tries to fix his mistake by looking to gain a more complimentary piece and a second round or two.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
I suppose there is not a reasonable market for our big 3 + Nurk, so they stay. Allen is the luxus asset we may use to get a true front court help say Isaac from Magics; while Little is the rare contract high enough to net us anything in trade. RJ, OJ will be back for D, though not sure whether team'd be pay Royce 10mil with 50mil tax. Roddy and Saben are athletic young defensive players we can always use.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose there is not a reasonable market for our big 3 + Nurk, so they stay. Allen is the luxus asset we may use to get a true front court help say Isaac from Magics; while Little is the rare contract high enough to net us anything in trade. RJ, OJ will be back for D, though not sure whether team'd be pay Royce 10mil with 50mil tax. Roddy and Saben are athletic young defensive players we can always use.
Allen can’t be traded for six months.

My guess is we trade this year’s 1st rounder and our 2031 1st rounder for some kind of band-aid PG/PF or C that won’t help much.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

My guess is we trade this year’s 1st rounder and our 2031 1st rounder for some kind of band-aid PG/PF or C that won’t help much.
If Jones is still the GM, I would say you can count on it.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I put book feel bad for him after sweep stupid ymca hc :( and eubanks like his hustle

Reallyyyy prayin suns get a flashy hc with rotation schemes for n season

In a sad but happy way im glad sufferin over i can enjoy life now till n season :) bong rip for all suns fans

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We can't take on money unless we send the same or more money out the other way, and draft picks, even ones we just used, carry no contract weight. We only have like 6 guys under contract and 3 of them are obviously immovable, Allen can't be traded until December, that leaves Nurk and Little (who doesn't make much) as contracts that we can attach to a deal. We also cannot aggregate salaries, so they can't go together.

Unless someone out there really values Nurk (and the Suns think they can replace him with a min contract free agent) then they should probably use the pick themselves.

I think their best route is to draft the best "pro ready" guy that is on the board. Devin Carter is who I'd like the most, but decent chance he doesn't slip that far. I'm a big fan of using these mid-late round picks on more experienced guys who showed big growth each year in college.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. No band-aid is going to help. We are not going to find a PG/PF with what we can spend that will be impact type players. I just don't see how we fill those positions with any quality sans being able to move someone like Nurk, Beal (waiving his NTC) or Durant etc. We are going to have to give up something to get decent impact players in return.

Maybe we can parlay a draft night trade where a team wants someone young to develop and we swap for a veteran guy? Not sure how that would have to work with the 2nd Apron but we can make draft day trades.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We can't take on money unless we send the same or more money out the other way, and draft picks, even ones we just used, carry no contract weight. We only have like 6 guys under contract and 3 of them are obviously immovable, Allen can't be traded until December, that leaves Nurk and Little (who doesn't make much) as contracts that we can attach to a deal. We also cannot aggregate salaries, so they can't go together.

Unless someone out there really values Nurk (and the Suns think they can replace him with a min contract free agent) then they should probably use the pick themselves.

I think their best route is to draft the best "pro ready" guy that is on the board. Devin Carter is who I'd like the most, but decent chance he doesn't slip that far. I'm a big fan of using these mid-late round picks on more experienced guys who showed big growth each year in college.
Drafting “pro ready” guys instead most talented is putting lipstick on this pig. Not likely to push this team over the top and limits the upside when we finally hit total rebuild. Always draft the most talented guy in the nba.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drafting “pro ready” guys instead most talented is putting lipstick on this pig. Not likely to push this team over the top and limits the upside when we finally hit total rebuild. Always draft the most talented guy in the nba.
Always bpa

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort