Celtics at Suns 2-23-15

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How many games have we had this season in which we get into a huge deficit early and then battle like hell to come back and make it close in the end?

Do they not realize that if they didn't play so bad early in the game, they wouldn't have to put so much energy into making a comeback?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many games have we had this season in which we get into a huge deficit early and then battle like hell to come back and make it close in the end?

Do they not realize that if they didn't play so bad early in the game, they wouldn't have to put so much energy into making a comeback?

Not only that but you let the other team gain confidence and get into a rhythm that is often hard to break.

Steve

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
When you come into the game against a team that is terrible at shooting the ball and they start 10-15 from 3 because that was probably your gameplan.

Well - you are in for a rough start when that happens.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not only that but you let the other team gain confidence and get into a rhythm that is often hard to break.

Steve

It makes me feel bad because the Suns play their ass off in the end and come up short and I always think "If they didn't dig themselves a huge hole and still played with that same energy in the 2nd half, we would probably be winning slot of these games".

I feel like they sleepwalk into every game. It's too relaxed for us while the other team plays hungry. Not just this game, many other games this season too.

I don't know if the team isn't prepared or what.

As a Charger fan, I know the Bolts did this same thing under Norv Turner a lot. Come out absolutely flat and then having to force a miracle comeback in the 2nd half.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Green asks for a buyout. He's clearly not a long term fit for this team and if he gets waived soon he can still latch on to a contender.

Do it, Suns, addition by subtraction.

Hornacek said he was going to put Green in game but couldn't find Green because he went to use the john.

Would be awesome if both Green and Thornton are out of the rotation and we run a 3 guard rotation with Bledsoe, Knight and Goodwin.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
This team is an enigma. Last night was an absolute joke, capped by a weird Star Wars theme, IT's awkward return, a bench full of new faces, and no Sarver present at the game (which is rare).

I see most of the stuff you guys see on TV, so most of the analysis is pretty close. It doesn't take being there live to see just an absolute lack of desire and focus for 48 minutes. We get snippets here and there of brilliant play... but the rest is why it's so perplexing. It's a VERY young team, so any expectations and criticisms need to be tempered (keep reminding myself).

- EB is hard to figure out (if you haven't noticed). His/Suns persona was captured in about 30 seconds. Avery Bradley picks him clean, so Eric actually hustles back to block his shot from behind. Only maybe .00001% of the people on earth have the capability to do that. The rest of the Suns didn't attempt to get back on D... which is normal for this team.

EB lets things get to his head too quickly. Some guy sitting right next to the bench said something to him when he didn't get back on D late. Bledsoe gave him the long death stare and the rich guy sitting next to the trainers had to step up and intervene. EB did the same thing earlier this year when a Philly fan sitting in the front row gave him some grief. EB stared at the guy during a timeout and kept calling him a p***y under his breath. Funny stuff actually.

- Morris brothers. Spend most of their energy giving hugs, laughs, and handshakes before and after the game. Long gone are the days in which you had Rambis against McHale. It's a lovefest out there!

- I really don't think Hornacek is ideally suited for the players on this roster. I don't know who could? Maybe Calipari? Might as well if/when PHX acquires Nerlens Noel or Karl-Anthony Towns. Hornacek would be better suited on a team with veteran leadership. I don't get the feeling that this has been a pleasant year for him. There's a TON of teaching that needs to be done with this young team.

- I've been reading the criticism of management going on in regards to the Dragic situation. I hated to see him go (and was a reason I purchased season tix). None of us really know what went on behind closed doors. The perception I get is that Dragic just didn't like or accept the make-up of this team since they acquired EB. An opportunity presented itself (in the form of a motivated agent), and things transpired quickly. Dragic got what he wanted, and the Suns (who apparently discussed a Dragic/Knight trade earlier) got their man. Like it or not, if true... McD has stuck to his plan. I'm sure he'd tell you in private the signing of IT backfired.

- Brandon Knight can play, just worried about his size right now. He'll get beat up if he has to guard NBA 2-guards for too long. He seems to have the personality and ball IQ that fits Hornacek... his type of player. I do think all things being financial, cap-related, and age-wise that this was a very good recovery for PHX. PHX was not going anywhere with Dragic... not with this roster. This year, next year, or the year after.

- Gerald Green talked to himself during a timeout for a good 3 minutes straight after IT hit that 4. Not sure what he was saying, but he's in a baaad place right now.

- IT wasn't glaring and yelling at the bench. He was glaring and yelling at Hornacek. Shades of Mario Elie. Like him or hate him, that's kid's been an absolute phenom since high school. We often say how easy it is for tall, long players to play this game. I'm amazed at what he can do out there being the complete opposite.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
- EB is hard to figure out (if you haven't noticed). His/Suns persona was captured in about 30 seconds. Avery Bradley picks him clean, so Eric actually hustles back to block his shot from behind. Only maybe .00001% of the people on earth have the capability to do that. The rest of the Suns didn't attempt to get back on D... which is normal for this team.

I noticed this and was absolutely disgusted. Happens way too often. That's a coach not holding his team accountable I'm sorry to say.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is an enigma. Last night was an absolute joke, capped by a weird Star Wars theme, IT's awkward return, a bench full of new faces, and no Sarver present at the game (which is rare).

I see most of the stuff you guys see on TV, so most of the analysis is pretty close. It doesn't take being there live to see just an absolute lack of desire and focus for 48 minutes. We get snippets here and there of brilliant play... but the rest is why it's so perplexing. It's a VERY young team, so any expectations and criticisms need to be tempered (keep reminding myself).

EB lets things get to his head too quickly. Some guy sitting right next to the bench said something to him when he didn't get back on D late. Bledsoe gave him the long death stare and the rich guy sitting next to the trainers had to step up and intervene. EB did the same thing earlier this year when a Philly fan sitting in the front row gave him some grief. EB stared at the guy during a timeout and kept calling him a p***y under his breath. Funny stuff actually.

- Morris brothers. Spend most of their energy giving hugs, laughs, and handshakes before and after the game. Long gone are the days in which you had Rambis against McHale. It's a lovefest out there!

- I really don't think Hornacek is ideally suited for the players on this roster. I don't know who could? Maybe Calipari? Might as well if/when PHX acquires Nerlens Noel or Karl-Anthony Towns. Hornacek would be better suited on a team with veteran leadership. I don't get the feeling that this has been a pleasant year for him. There's a TON of teaching that needs to be done with this young team.

- I've been reading the criticism of management going on in regards to the Dragic situation. I hated to see him go (and was a reason I purchased season tix). None of us really know what went on behind closed doors. The perception I get is that Dragic just didn't like or accept the make-up of this team since they acquired EB. An opportunity presented itself (in the form of a motivated agent), and things transpired quickly. Dragic got what he wanted, and the Suns (who apparently discussed a Dragic/Knight trade earlier) got their man. Like it or not, if true... McD has stuck to his plan. I'm sure he'd tell you in private the signing of IT backfired.

- Brandon Knight can play, just worried about his size right now. He'll get beat up if he has to guard NBA 2-guards for too long. He seems to have the personality and ball IQ that fits Hornacek... his type of player. I do think all things being financial, cap-related, and age-wise that this was a very good recovery for PHX. PHX was not going anywhere with Dragic... not with this roster. This year, next year, or the year after.

- Gerald Green talked to himself during a timeout for a good 3 minutes straight after IT hit that 4. Not sure what he was saying, but he's in a baaad place right now.

- IT wasn't glaring and yelling at the bench. He was glaring and yelling at Hornacek. Shades of Mario Elie. Like him or hate him, that's kid's been an absolute phenom since high school. We often say how easy it is for tall, long players to play this game. I'm amazed at what he can do out there being the complete opposite.

I enjoyed reading your comments. Please post more.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Tony La Russa wants to see the Dbacks play hard for 9 innings whether they win or not.

I want to see this team play hard for 48 minutes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard