Lakers @ Suns 10-24-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday the Lakers visit the Suns for a 7 p.m. Arizona time game. The Lakers should be hungry as they are 0-3. It would be nice if the Suns can get a win to even their season record at 2-2.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Here is more about the game from Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook: Phoenix (1-2) is coming off a 123-103 loss Monday night at defending NBA champion Golden State as the Suns allowed 34 fast-break points. Phoenix has surrendered 67 fast-break points in its two losses at Denver and at Golden State … The Lakers (0-3) remain winless after falling to San Antonio in overtime, 143-142, Monday night. Patty Mills hit the go-ahead jumper with 6.8 seconds left as the Spurs came back from a six-point deficit in the final minute of OT. … LeBron James missed the potential game-winner in OT. He’s averaging 27.3 points, 8.3 assists and 8.3 rebounds through three games this season. … Suns forward T.J. Warren is averaging a career-best 20 points off the bench as scored 27 in Monday’s loss. … After Monday’s games, Suns guard Devin Booker was tied for sixth in scoring with DeMar DeRozan as he’s averaging 29.3 points. Booker sprained his left pinky finger at Denver. … The Lakers will be without Brandon Ingram and Rajon Rondo as both received multi-game suspensions for their part in a fight involving Chris Paul. Ingram drew a four-game suspension while Rondo was suspended three games. Paul is suspended for two.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-vs-lebron-james-winless-l-lakers/1741814002/

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If the Suns struggle and this is another non-competitive game it will be very discouraging even though it’s only October. I want to see some cohesion out there (and no Anderson)!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns do not have a player on the injury report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kevin Durant drove to the rim few times in the last game and Ayton quickly got out of the way instead of trying to contest/giving him a hard foul. I thought that was the most disgusting thing I’ve seen from Ayton early in the season.

I imagine LeBron will drive to rim plenty especially after hearing all about how he should’ve done it in the last possession of their last game. Ayton needs to be prepared and can’t be scared. LeBron is still the greatest player in the world but he’s also 34 and Ayton is 7’2 with a longer reach and wingspan so he needs to be at least somewhat effective down there defensively. Sure LeBron will still probably get his buckets but the Suns can at least make him work some for it rather than getting out of the way so he has wide open lanes.

On the plus side, I do think our 3pt shooting will come back for this game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The next three games against more manageable opponents than Denver and Golden State like the shorthanded Los Angeles Lakers, Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder will tell us more about how much of a worry that should be this early in the season.

The last two games I expected we would be destroyed. Our defense is a way bigger problem than our offense at this point. How that gets fixed will be an indicator of hoq many games we will win.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Ayton's lack of aggression only hurts him earning the ref-calls going into the future. When Booker seemingly came out of no where, he was attacking and aggressive, and usually the aggressor gets the benefit of the doubt in this league. Ayton just can't shy away from there being no contest at all.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am nervous about this game. I am not sure the suspensions help us. LeBron is perfectly capable of taking the Lakers to a win all by his lonesome. With Rondo and Ingram out, he might just decide to go that route. I think would rather have the ball in Rondo's hands some, and have LeBron trying to get Ingram involved.

Could be a historic "LeBron game." It will be interesting to watch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think Ayton's lack of aggression only hurts him earning the ref-calls going into the future. When Booker seemingly came out of no where, he was attacking and aggressive, and usually the aggressor gets the benefit of the doubt in this league. Ayton just can't shy away from there being no contest at all.
He's a big man AND a rookie. He's trying to not become a foul machine. I won't fault him for that 3 games into his first season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am nervous about this game. I am not sure the suspensions help us. LeBron is perfectly capable of taking the Lakers to a win all by his lonesome. With Rondo and Ingram out, he might just decide to go that route. I think would rather have the ball in Rondo's hands some, and have LeBron trying to get Ingram involved.

Could be a historic "LeBron game." It will be interesting to watch.

I am not nervous about this game but only because I have such low expectations for them right now. I believe in our future but we're not there yet, not even close IMO. So yes, we are very vulnerable against this team even if they are missing key players. Ariza is the best bet we have against Lebron and that hasn't worked out too well in the past from what I've heard.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not nervous about this game but only because I have such low expectations for them right now. I believe in our future but we're not there yet, not even close IMO. So yes, we are very vulnerable against this team even if they are missing key players. Ariza is the best bet we have against Lebron and that hasn't worked out too well in the past from what I've heard.
It would be interesting to see JJ play D on LeBron. I might even throw Bender out there on LeBron for a couple of minutes and see what happens.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He's a big man AND a rookie. He's trying to not become a foul machine. I won't fault him for that 3 games into his first season.
I totally agree with this. Most people were worried as a rookie he would be in foul trouble every game. He was in fould trouble for a quarter of a game. So far so good. I want him agressive in the last few minutes of a close game. Right now his presence on the court helps us more than a couple blocked shots.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns are 5-5 against the Lakers in the last 10 games but 1-9 against Lebron.
That one win was the result of a Markieff Morris carrying the team on his back iirc.

LOL.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for the preview @Mainstreet

I'll make the following predicitons:

Ayton double double
Booker +30pts
The over under on Incredulous looks Lebron gives the refs is +/- 50. Place your bets now!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one win was the result of a Markieff Morris carrying the team on his back iirc.

LOL.

I don't remember when it was but I do remember Markieff outplaying him once. That was probably the high point of his Suns career.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't remember when it was but I do remember Markieff outplaying him once. That was probably the high point of his Suns career.

IIRC, Markieff then bizarrely refused to speak to the media after the game. The local media made a huge deal of it and it only further alienated him from the team and fans.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, Markieff then bizarrely refused to speak to the media after the game. The local media made a huge deal of it and it only further alienated him from the team and fans.

Was that shortly after the news came out about the twins altercation outside a local gym?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Troy Daniels is active tonight. Okobo and Melton are inactive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the starters.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers pass quickly to McGee to open the game for a dunk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker quickly with 6 points.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yo, Yo, Yo Homies! It's Condi-MEAT in da house!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard