Clippers @ Suns game thread 2-23-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The All-Star Break is finally over for the Suns.

On Friday the Clippers visit the Suns in Phoenix for a game scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Scott Bordow gives a game update below.

Clippers at Suns

When: 7 p.m.

Where: Talking Stick Resort Arena

TV/radio: ESPN/FSAZ/KTAR 98.7 FM

Update: The Suns, who have lost seven straight and 12 of 13, may not have a full roster available for their first game after the All-Star break. Tyson Chandler (neck) and Tyler Ulis (back) were unable to practice Thursday. If Chandler can’t go, expect Alex Len to start at center. The Clippers will be on the back end of a back-to-back, having played at Golden State Thursday night. Los Angeles won five of six games heading into the All-Star break and was just one-half game back of the final playoff spot in the Western Conference despite the trade of Blake Griffin to Detroit. Center DeAndre Jordan is second in the NBA with 15.0 rebounds per game. Guard Lou Williams is 16th in scoring (23.2)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...vin-booker-deandre-ayton-nba-draft/359655002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some additional injury information and some news on Alan Williams and Brandon Knight from Arizona Sports.

INJURY UPDATES

— There was not-so-positive news regarding center Tyson Chandler (neck) and Ulis (back). Neither practiced Thursday.

Chandler was expected to undergo an MRI Thursday after missing three of the last four games and not recovering out of the All-Star break. Ulis missed two games before he played just nine minutes in the pre-break finale against the Utah Jazz.

Chandler is listed as doubtful, while Ulis is questionable.

— During individual workouts on Thursday, point guard Brandon Knight (ACL) and center Alan Williams (meniscus) were working out in non-contract drills. Knight was working on set shots and mild-intensity floaters before he joined Williams to do easy-paced pick-and-roll work without defenders.

Williams, who was projected to be able to return with a handful of games left in the season, is meeting with trainers this week to decide how to approach a potential return.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1435...d-will-be-a-big-month-for-suns-dragan-bender/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like they're preparing to shut Chandler down for the remainder of the year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he retires does it help the cap next year?

I don't think Chandler is going to leave $13,585,000 on the table.

It wouldn't help the cap because his salary counts towards this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excited to see Booker back on the court and get my first look at Payton beside him.

But... it’s a game I’ll be able to watch, so we’ll prob lose by 40 like every other game I get to watch for some reason.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Excited to see Booker back on the court and get my first look at Payton beside him.

But... it’s a game I’ll be able to watch, so we’ll prob lose by 40 like every other game I get to watch for some reason.

Bender will drop 25 points just for you! :mrgreen:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth Danuel House is out of time on his Two-Way contract so he won't be seen anymore this season unless the Suns decide to sign him with their open roster spot. I don't think they need to, he's not really a difference maker, and they've gotten a good look at him already this year in the 18 games he's played in. He'll be with the Northern Arizona Suns going further.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth Danuel House is out of time on his Two-Way contract so he won't be seen anymore this season unless the Suns decide to sign him with their open roster spot. I don't think they need to, he's not really a difference maker, and they've gotten a good look at him already this year in the 18 games he's played in. He'll be with the Northern Arizona Suns going further.

Here is a follow up to your post.

McDonough said Danuel House’s two-way contract has expired, meaning House will play for the NAZ Suns the rest of the season unless he’s signed by another NBA team.

House, who averaged 4.6 points and 2.3 rebounds in 16 games with Phoenix, could rejoin the Suns following the G League season, which ends on March 24 (assuming the NAZ Suns don’t make the playoffs). McDonough said Phoenix would not need to clear a roster spot then to sign House. If the Suns decided to sign House prior to the conclusion of the G League season, they’d have to clear one of their 15 roster spots for him.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...uns-game-clippers-nba-score-friday/367847002/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len doesn't have "haters" here. No one wants to see him fail. After 4 and 1/2 seasons though most have come to accept what he is and what he is isn't very good.

the rare moment of agreement between us.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I sent Scott Bordow a tweet a few days ago and he tagged Danuel House in the reply, asking how many days he had left on his contract, and he responded 0. It was 4 tweets to cover everything so I didn't post any of them here. However nothing was mentioned about rejoining the team after the G-League season is finished. I wasn't aware that players could return after then without taking a roster spot. That's good to know going forward. Glad to see Bordow expand on it a bit in an article for AZCentral.

Got to give Bordow a lot of credit for his Suns coverage this year. I liked Paul Coro but Bordow has stepped in nicely and he's been readily available to answer fan questions on Twitter. That's something I don't recall seeing Coro do and of course he's under no obligation to do so but he's responded to a few questions of mine this year and I've seen him do it for others also.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent Scott Bordow a tweet a few days ago and he tagged Danuel House in the reply, asking how many days he had left on his contract, and he responded 0. It was 4 tweets to cover everything so I didn't post any of them here. However nothing was mentioned about rejoining the team after the G-League season is finished. I wasn't aware that players could return after then without taking a roster spot. That's good to know going forward. Glad to see Bordow expand on it a bit in an article for AZCentral.

Got to give Bordow a lot of credit for his Suns coverage this year. I liked Paul Coro but Bordow has stepped in nicely and he's been readily available to answer fan questions on Twitter. That's something I don't recall seeing Coro do and of course he's under no obligation to do so but he's responded to a few questions of mine this year and I've seen him do it for others also.

The possibility of House returning to the Suns after the G-League season is news to me as well.

I liked Paul Coro's coverage of the Suns but Bordow has taken it to a new level. He has stepped up big time.

Initially I thought Bordow might be spread too thin with other sports coverage. It hasn't turned out this way. I like the question and answer sessions he has with the fans... very informative. This is the best Suns coverage I can recall at azcentral taking nothing away from anyone.

Arizona Sports (98.7 FM) is also doing a fantastic job.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler and Gallinari (hand) are out tonight per Bordow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard