Cards vs. Patriots game thread

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The announcers kept saying 6 for 6 on the season, I figured he was due too.

Just a feeling I had.

Same with me. He was making 55+ yarders look like PAT attempts, I just felt like it was sweet irony for him to miss a much closer FG for the game.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan Williams fumbled, they attempted a game-winning FG, PP got pressure off the edge and he shanked it and missed. 1 second left, we took knee.

What you didn't say is that the Pats scored a rushing TD that was called back because of a holding call. What a game. Maybe karma has come back to this team?

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I want somebody fired for going to commercial throughout the gf attempt. Wtf. Glad he missed.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pat fans are going apecrap here in New England about that Gronkowski holding call. It's a shame because that will be the story from this game, not that the Cards D shut Brady down for 60 minutes or that the Cards deserved to win the game.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Can someone clarify the penalty that negated the touchdown?

Pats were at the 30 for the play and at the 30 after the holding penalty

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I want somebody fired for going to commercial throughout the fg attempt. Wtf. Glad he missed.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pat fans are going apecrap here in New England about that Gronkowski holding call. It's a shame because that will be the story from this game, not that the Cards D shut Brady down for 60 minutes or that the Cards deserved to win the game.
They can suck it.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great game today! You guys deserved to win...

But I have a question....why didn't Wells get the carries towards the end instead of the other guy who fumbled?

Announcer mentioned, briefly, that he had some type of injury. Not sure though, haven't heard any update tweets or anything.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great game by coaching staff. Wiz, Horton, everyone. Offensive line is blowing my mind how well they are pass blocking. Kolb still sketchy, but we won. And that's all that matters.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Eh, the story would have been the fumble. Now its the D, the fumble and the kick. No one outside of New England will care about that call. And the refs owed us after that garbage spot they gave NE the previous drive.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I hope nobody expects the cards to get any credit in the media other than from Sando and Schein.

I guess the Cards are going to lose all the rest of their games according to the PATS loving douche over at ESPN. SUCK JACKHOLE.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Eh, the story would have been the fumble. Now its the D, the fumble and the kick. No one outside of New England will care about that call. And the refs owed us after that garbage spot they gave NE the previous drive.

THIS!! The spot was at least 1.5 yards off!!

The league needs to get the regular officials back on the field!

Oh, and BTW: CARDS WIN!! CARDS WIN!!!

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have been reading all of your posts while following the game cast on ESPN. Thought I would add my one thought now:

I never understand why in a situation like we were in with 1:05 left and 3rd down, why Kolb in the huddle wouldn't grab Williams and look him in the eye and tell him, I don't care what you do but you better damn well not fumble this ball. You need to refocus a RB on the situation and what is most important in that final situation. Too many times a RB in this situation is thinking about gaining yards or picking up one last 1st down. They need to be refocused on what is of dire importance in the heat of the situation.

I could be wrong, but I bet you that Williams never thought about fumbling, but was rather thinking about not going out of bounds or trying to end the game by picking up a 1st down.

I am glad the kid learned an important thing like he did today and without costing us a win. He won't forget this ever, I bet.

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I didn't love the play call to begin with... seems like stuff like that happens more in space vs. just running it up the middle.

Spikes got his helmet right on the ball... I sincerely doubt Williams wasn't doing everything 100% possible to hold on to the ball.