NFL Player Team Report Cards 2024

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Of course you do! You're getting paid the same money to do the same job either way. So facilities are literally the only differential, and of course you want the better ones.

If you got paid more to go to a base with 7 facilities than a base that had 9 facilities you would chose the 7. If the 7 had a 3 hour flight home and the 9 had a 6 hour flight home you would chose the 7. If the 7 was Italy and the 9 was in Qatar you would chose the 7.

As I said, this is easy to prove, we can just circle back post free agency and look at all the players that signed for bottom 3rd NLPFA report teams.
So you’re arguing that because of these noncompensatory elements the cardinals have to pay more than other teams to land free agents. Congrats, you’ve arrived at our conclusion as to why they matter.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right....so if team A has poor facilities and equal coaching staff and equal pay to team B who has nice facilities, which team is the player usually going to pick?

This isn't arcane. You're acting like this is a personal grievance. Mikey needs to do better. We all pay for this team and to see that they even allowed crap like a torn up floor is ********.

Mike needs to do better. Also FAs don't care.

The odds of everything more important than the NFLPA report being equal (and there are a lot of things) is practically impossible.

It matters that we should give our players the best services possible, but it's not a factor in signing FAs.

This will become apparent in 2 weeks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So you’re arguing that because of these noncompensatory elements the cardinals have to pay more than other teams to land free agents. Congrats, you’ve arrived at our conclusion as to why they matter.
Yep.

The scenarios are virtually identical. If the pay is the same, we look at other factors. Coaching staff the same? Facilities.

None of us want this to be ANOTHER factor to hurt the Cardinals being better. Even if it's only a 1% chance of affecting a free agent signing, it's inexcusable.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Athletes love to live here and would flock here (pun intended) if the Bidwills weren't one of the worst ownership groups in the NFL. You get an Ishbia type in charge, and we'd rarely have good players leaving.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Athletes love to live here and would flock here (pun intended) if the Bidwills weren't one of the worst ownership groups in the NFL. You get an Ishbia type in charge, and we'd rarely have good players leaving.
Too bad we'll probably never know if that's true or not.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Man....my boss sucks ..that jerk hasn't stopped by to tell me I'm doing a good job in at least six months . Totally unappreciated!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this convo reminds of the Simpsons scene where Sideshow Bob keeps stepping on rakes that smack him right in the face.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Bidwill deserved an F for not being willing to update the facilities because he hasn’t. Biwdwill and JG and Monti are on record that they are upgrading the facilities.

So nothing burger until they don’t do it.

But JJ Watt and Kurt Warner and at least 4 others seemed fine with signing in Arizona despite the armpit facilities

Zzzz

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And another thing! This stupid franchise charged players for socks and Gatorade. They still are who we thought they were yet here we all are still obsessed with the red and white.
Remember Robert Griffith saying he had to pay to have his last check FedEx'ed to him?

The Bidwills have never taken a holistic approach to figuring out how to get past the cheap label. They essentially just whack-a-mole the problem instead of staying ahead of the curve.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember Robert Griffith saying he had to pay to have his last check FedEx'ed to him?

The Bidwills have never taken a holistic approach to figuring out how to get past the cheap label. They essentially just whack-a-mole the problem instead of staying ahead of the curve.
And in the 4 or 5 seasons that they have won since they moved to AZ we all looked the other way. And here we are still following them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok, I will engage. What is the loss here? Some say it means something. I say it doesn't. Oh no: disagreement!
Arguing that these report grades don't matter is an L. They matter. Are they the most important thing? No. Are they going to matter differently to different players? Probably. But, it is inarguable that they matter.

It is ok to say you misspoke or that you didn't think of something that way. That is what leads to healthy discussion and people learning. But to triple down on being wrong when your arguments have been picked apart is a prime example of people just trying to be right vs actually getting things right.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguing that these report grades don't matter is an L. They matter. Are they the most important thing? No. Are they going to matter differently to different players? Probably. But, it is inarguable that they matter.

It is ok to say you misspoke or that you didn't think of something that way. That is what leads to healthy discussion and people learning. But to triple down on being wrong when your arguments have been picked apart is a prime example of people just trying to be right vs actually getting things right.
I will say it again that they don't matter. See it is arguable that they matter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And in the 4 or 5 seasons that they have won since they moved to AZ we all looked the other way. And here we are still following them.
For me it's the players and it started as a gameday experience with my dad and brother (@Redrage).

I wish I could emotionally disengage. The Cardinals have given me ample evidence that I care more about winning than they do. Their first concern is turning a profit. Not just a profit but the biggest profit they can.

Man, we deserve the football equivalent of Mat Ishbia with the Cardinals.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep.

The scenarios are virtually identical. If the pay is the same, we look at other factors. Coaching staff the same? Facilities.

None of us want this to be ANOTHER factor to hurt the Cardinals being better. Even if it's only a 1% chance of affecting a free agent signing, it's inexcusable.

Good job it's 0% factor then, and we all know this from literally never in the the history of the NFL hearing that a player didn't sign for a team because of the lunch menu or quality of the gym floor.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crazy how some people can't just take a L.

Never in the history of the NFL have we heard a player didn't sign for a team because the private plane didn't have enough lie down seats or the gym wasn't the latest gear.

After last years NFLPA report card, when it was a hot, hot topic 2 weeks before free agency and every reporter was looking for a headline about it there wasn't a single FA story that a player didn't sign somewhere because of the report card.

Logic dictates that there are dozens of more important factors that go into making such a decision, similar factors as we use ourselves when changing companies, and that it's insanely unlikely that these factors would ever align enough for the NFLPA report card to enter into play.

But in this face of all this and despite the complete lack of evidence to the contrary I'm supposed to "Take the L"?