NFL Player Team Report Cards 2024

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arguing that these report grades don't matter is an L. They matter. Are they the most important thing? No. Are they going to matter differently to different players? Probably. But, it is inarguable that they matter.

It is ok to say you misspoke or that you didn't think of something that way. That is what leads to healthy discussion and people learning. But to triple down on being wrong when your arguments have been picked apart is a prime example of people just trying to be right vs actually getting things right.

How have my arguments been picked apart? Literally the ONLY argument this matters is people on here saying it matters. On the other side, we have the entire history of the NFL and a complete lack of evidence of any player or agent saying it matters.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How have my arguments been picked apart? Literally the ONLY argument this matters is people saying it matters. On the other side, we have the entire history of the NFL and a complete lack of evidence of any player or agent saying it matters.
Players virtually never talk about why they didn't sign with a team so this argument is beyond absurd.

We did see Murphy talk about how he took less money to sign with the Vikings and then.... proceeded to talk about how nice the facilities are...in Minnesota, and absolutely miserable place to live.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players virtually never talk about why they didn't sign with a team so this argument is beyond absurd.

We did see Murphy talk about how he took less money to sign with the Vikings and then.... proceeded to talk about how nice the facilities are...in Minnesota, and absolutely miserable place to live.
I thought someone posted that Murphy didn't see the facilities until after he signed. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A family member of mine was telling me how his father-in-law has the belief that you don't eat potatoes for breakfast. It's a ridiculously flawed belief.

This argument is the same. There is just no universe where human beings don't care at least a little bit about this. Even if 1/100 FAs wouldn't sign over this is enough that something needs to be done about it.

If it didn't matter you wouldn't see teams spend sometimes 100's of millions of dollars to upgrade their facilities.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, after he saw them for the 1st time 2 days after already signing.

Players might not talk about such thing, but agents do. Agents are where reporters get a lot of their info.

An agent would have no problem telling reporters his player didn't sign for a team because of the NFLPA report card as long as the players name was left out of it, and reporters would gladly run "Commanders miss out of free agents because of poor report" headlines without naming players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A family member of mine was telling me how his father-in-law has the belief that you don't eat potatoes for breakfast. It's a ridiculously flawed belief.

This argument is the same. There is just no universe where human beings don't care at least a little bit about this. Even if 1/100 FAs wouldn't sign over this is enough that something needs to be done about it.

If it didn't matter you wouldn't see teams spend sometimes 100's of millions of dollars to upgrade their facilities.

Of course there is a world. It's massively inconsequential in comparison to dozens of other things and infinitely unlikely those dozens of other things would ever align enough between two options for the report card to be a factor.

As I've said we can EASILY disprove this in 2 weeks when FA starts and the Commanders, with nearly $100m in cap space and the worst NFLPA report card start FA.

Teams spend hundreds of millions on facilities because they have standards and want to serve their players. 99% of FA signings never see the facilities of a team before they sign, just like Byron Murphy. They have never spent the money to attract FA's.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what really doesn't matter? This thread. Can we PLEASE fast forward a week and a couple days to get to free agency? Then we can renew this argument. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PP seems far more likely to tell him to keep collecting those checks no matter where you have to go.

Yeah I mean if there is one guy that couldn't give a crap about the facilities it's PP.

Which is evidenced by him signing for the Steelers who were 22nd last year and 28th this year.

I guess PP had nobody he could talk to there.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I mean if there is one guy that couldn't give a crap about the facilities it's PP.

Which is evidenced by him signing for the Steelers who were 22nd last year and 28th this year.

I guess PP had nobody he could talk to there.
:thumbup:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Remember Robert Griffith saying he had to pay to have his last check FedEx'ed to him?

The Bidwills have never taken a holistic approach to figuring out how to get past the cheap label. They essentially just whack-a-mole the problem instead of staying ahead of the curve.
This is a great to look at it. They make reactive tactical decisions to answer criticism rather than proactive strategic decisions to change the entire narrative and eliminate the criticism.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Of course there is a world. It's massively inconsequential in comparison to dozens of other things and infinitely unlikely those dozens of other things would ever align enough between two options for the report card to be a factor.

As I've said we can EASILY disprove this in 2 weeks when FA starts and the Commanders, with nearly $100m in cap space and the worst NFLPA report card start FA.

Teams spend hundreds of millions on facilities because they have standards and want to serve their players. 99% of FA signings never see the facilities of a team before they sign, just like Byron Murphy. They have never spent the money to attract FA's.
You can’t prove anything. If a team decides to overpay to bring someone in bc the other side of the pros/cons ledger is so slanted against them we won’t know. Your reasoning regarding “evidence” is flawed in its over simplicity.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is a great to look at it. They make reactive tactical decisions to answer criticism rather than proactive strategic decisions to change the entire narrative and eliminate the criticism.
Hopefully the new business side leadership can convince Bidwills by investing money now that he can improve the player experience, fan experience, and that both can actually lead to more wins and thus more revenue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson