Cards sign C/G Tony Bergstrom

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals added to their offensive line on Wednesday, signing veteran Tony Bergstrom to a one-year contract.

Bergstram, who has played center and guard, is a five-year NFL veteran who most recently played with the Houston Texans.

The 6-foot-5, 315-pound lineman was originally a third-round pick of the Oakland Raiders’ in 2012 out of Utah. He played in 25 games with the Raiders from 2012 to 2015 before signing with the Texans as a free agent last season. Houston released him on April 13.

Since he was released he will not count against the Cards comp picks for 2018.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its funny that I feel like we have too many lineman. Never thought that would ever be a complaint.

But I just feel like we have really good young talent, and adding vets takes away reps from them.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Finally a big center. Can he play?

Not very well. He got to see lots of action last year after Martin's injury. He reinforced the knock on him that he's too passive and lacks ideal strength. I have to agree with Bullhead, this may be a comment that Boehm looks better at guard than center. The Cards had thought Boehm might assert himself and be the starting Center by now. This is a real concern.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its funny that I feel like we have too many lineman. Never thought that would ever be a complaint.

But I just feel like we have really good young talent, and adding vets takes away reps from them.

We go to camp with 90 players, and Iupati and Veldheer aren't getting any younger. We may need to part ways with one or both of them in the near future, and adding good young players makes it a lot more plug-and-play so we don't miss a beat and have to rebuild.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We go to camp with 90 players, and Iupati and Veldheer aren't getting any younger. We may need to part ways with one or both of them in the near future, and adding good young players makes it a lot more plug-and-play so we don't miss a beat and have to rebuild.

They both go into the season at age 30. Short of injury, they still have prime years ahead of them.

The cost is another matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz