Cards bringing in 9 players

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken nobody picked up the punter Green Bay cut, Tim Masthay. I thought he was a pretty good punter they cut him in a cap saving move.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Adam Kaplan on Twitter is a good follow for revealing the names of tryout players on Tuesdays. We should know soon enough who some of those nine players are.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our beat reporters doesnt stand at facility?
How is possible they never have a news
It s pretty nice life following cardinals for work
They dont have any pressure, they enjoy the life with a great job

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
all off season we have heard how "deep" we are... how hard cuts are going to be because we have so much "talent" on the roster....

then in week three we have to bring in the Arby's drive thru guy to see if he can snap a ball....

somebody gots sum splainin to do............

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
all off season we have heard how "deep" we are... how hard cuts are going to be because we have so much "talent" on the roster....

then in week three we have to bring in the Arby's drive thru guy to see if he can snap a ball....

somebody gots sum splainin to do............

I agree, Arby's service is slow to begin with and now without the drive thru guy......

Reaction score

Urban is the only one with an office at the facility. He is not allowed to watch practices & is not privy to all information. He only gets info they want him to have.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cardinals should go after Mike Scifres.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's crazy for the Cardinals to expect their starting two edge rushers to play 95% of the defensive snaps. They need to trade for an edge rusher or somehow find one amongst wisher FAs are still available. Okafor is injured and is playing like it. He cannot and should not be counted on. Who is the 4th OLB---Alani Fua? Have we even seen him try to rush the edge the past two years?

I worded that wrong Mitch using the word 'merit', what I meant is there just does not seem to be anything out there after all the other teams cleared the cupboards so to speak, unless we are looking at an improvement over our current dismal punter and long snapper

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
One would think if they are intent on signing a guy to fix a problem like long snapper or have a need due to injury for our punting, well it should happen today or might have already happened yesterday because this is not the off season with time as a luxury to get assimilated

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
One would think if they are intent on signing a guy to fix a problem like long snapper or have a need due to injury for our punting, well it should happen today or might have already happened yesterday because this is not the off season with time as a luxury to get assimilated

Hey Jetstream, you are getting inducted into the Cardinals' Hall of Fame at halftime this Sunday! Yeah, baby!:clapping:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Jetstream, you are getting inducted into the Cardinals' Hall of Fame at halftime this Sunday! Yeah, baby!:clapping:

Mitch tell me what u think about our limited depth at OLB
The starters cant play whole season at high level with this mediocre depth
Okafor a no-factor
Martin wasnt the player they thought, coming from injury should be less effective
You suggest to try nkendiche there, maybe on 3th downs
Even the defensive line, we miss a lot frostree Rucker
In the last years defensive line was our strenght, now is a liability
Thank u in advance

Last edited:

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

THere is a BIG sign in the press room at the facility.

I don't remember the exact words but ...

"What you see here stays here"

So yes they might have seen them but if they saw them inside the facility or on the training fields they are not allowed to say. The trick would be to catch them arriving or leaving in the parking lot.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Is it possible that other teams have studied the last game last season vs Carolina and found something that works well vs the Cards offense? Maybe they simply found a weakness and way to more easily beat us. Just a thought!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Mitch tell me what u think about our limited depth at OLB
The starters cant play whole season at high level with this mediocre depth
Okafor a no-factor
Martin wasnt the player they thought, coming from injury should be less effective
You suggest to try nkendiche there, maybe on 3th downs
Even the defensive line, we miss a lot frostree Rucker
In the last years defensive line was our strenght, now is a liability
Thank u in advance

The LB decisions are mind-boggling to me, juza76.

* How can Deone Bucannon play so far below his capabilities this year thus far? What is going on with him? Look at him pre-snap---his stance even looks messed up, like he's try to flex while leaning forward.
* They have Minter in on passing downs when clearly Gabe Martin is better suited as a pass defender---Martin even had a pick six in pre-season, which should have encouraged the coaches to make him one of the nickel LBers.
* Okafor is playing with a torn bicep---and it shows. So, he's ineffective, while the other second string OLB/DE, Kareem Martin is rehabbing a knee injury.
* They tried Josh Mauro at nickel DE and he made a big play in the 40-7 win. But the Cardinals need edge rushers so they can keep Golden and Jones reasonably fresh for the 4th quarter.
* Dwight Freeney had a nice sack last night for the Falcons---man, not signing him, one of the best situational pass rushers ever, especially after he was so effective late in games last year during the epic 9-0 run, is mind blowing.
* Yes I suggested using Robert Nkemdiche at nickel edge DE---why not? The options are few. But he's been injured.
* What hurts about this worst of all is that if we had another edge rusher we could slide Chandler Jones down at times to rush DT and have him wreak havoc from the middle, as the Pats occasionally did with him.
* Our inside pass rushers have not only been a huge disappointment, especially Calais Campbell, but they don't even make an effort to take down the QB when he's bolting right past them into the open field.
* The two guys who were showing some inside pass rush push and aggression are Xavier Williams and Olsen Pierre, and neither was made active for Sunday's game. When you play an athletic QB like Tyron Taylor, you'd better have good, aggressive stack and shed athletes in the middle or you will see what we saw repeatedly in that game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THere is a BIG sign in the press room at the facility.

I don't remember the exact words but ...

"What you see here stays here"

So yes they might have seen them but if they saw them inside the facility or on the training fields they are not allowed to say. The trick would be to catch them arriving or leaving in the parking lot.

Who you see here
What you hear here
When you leave here
Let it stay here.

Alcoholics Anonymous

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...-Canaday/9b71085d-cef0-4e5b-85ca-64212901c002

"Bruce Arians had already described Kam Canaday’s long-snapping as “erratic” even before the rookie’s high snap in Buffalo led to a Bills touchdown and a 10-point swing.

So Tuesday’s decision to release Canaday came as little surprise for a team trying to climb out of a 1-2 start. The Cardinals have yet to sign a replacement.

Tight end Troy Niklas was also placed on injured reserve with a wrist injury, likely ending his season (although Niklas could conceivably return in late November if the Cardinals choose to use their IR-to-return slot on Niklas. A team does not have to designate that player ahead of time.)

Ifeanyi Momah was promoted from the practice squad to take Niklas’ spot on the roster.

The Cardinals also still have to sign a punter to replace the injured Drew Butler. Butler, hurting with an ankle sprain and Achilles problem, remains on the active roster and is expected to hold for kicker Chandler Catanzaro during games.

The Cardinals also released rookie safety Marqui Christian, the team’s fifth-round draft pick.

Niklas has been plagued by injuries ever since he was a second-round draft pick in 2014. He did play in all 16 games in 2015, although he missed a good part of training camp with a bad hamstring. He played in only seven games as a rookie with hand and ankle injuries.

In a practice squad move, the Cardinals cut 2015 draft pick Shaq Riddick and replaced him with another outside linebacker, Cam Johnson. Johnson has been with the 49ers, Colts and Browns."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned one of these punters, can't find the post for quoting..

Tj, caplan came through

#AZCardinals worked out Ps Tim Masthay, Michael Palardy, Ryan Quigley; ILBs Joplo Bartu, James-Michael Johnson and Nate Irving.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Someone mentioned one of these punters, can't find the post for quoting..

Tj, caplan came through

#AZCardinals worked out Ps Tim Masthay, Michael Palardy, Ryan Quigley; ILBs Joplo Bartu, James-Michael Johnson and Nate Irving.

think it was Masthay... he was supposed to be pretty good wasn't he?

most likely SK and BA will sign whichever one can make contact with the ball and will accept the smallest paycheck.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
think it was Masthay... he was supposed to be pretty good wasn't he?

most likely SK and BA will sign whichever one can make contact with the ball and will accept the smallest paycheck.
Yeah was masthay just not sure who posted it. My bad on not posting the entire tweet too, phone stuff

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was thinking a third would be the best we can hope for for Floyd...

practices are limited these days so I was thinking maybe they are devoting less time to ST practice in order to get more time in on O and D... but then I look at our O and D and realize they are not putting the time in there either.

anyone know what the hell they do at practice these days?

my biggest peave with the offense going back to last season is Palmers infatuation with John Brown..
come on Carson...the dude is 5 foot NUTHIN!!
he is a skinny oompa loompa with quicks...
why the hell does the ball EVER go his way when there is a defender within three yards of him?
He is not going to out jump most defenders

he is not going to out muscle most defenders

the only time you throw to a miniature "speed" guy is when he is wide the hell open or behind the defense. Period. That's it.

coaches got all gooey with themselves comparing JB to Marvin Harrison... uh...okay...

Marvin Harrison ran great routes and got separation... John Brown does not.

This infatuation Palmer has with Brown has killed tons of drives over the past season and a 1/4 and I really hope the trend does not continue through this season.

I would rather see us line up Fitz, Jaron Brown, and Andre Ellington...with CJ and DJ in the backfield

Your post made me realize the extent to which the team uses hyperbole. Brown is the next Harrison, DJ is the next Marshall Faulk. TM is like Polamalu, and PP is Deion and Rod Woodson combined.

I do cut them some slack though. It's extremely difficult to change an institution and the culture within it. You have to have belief first.

That being said though, at some point it's all just talk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson