The state of the roster

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read an article on Revenge of the Birds that kind of makes sense because it has happened before. The year we lost CC and others, Keim's plan was to save money and accrue comp picks for the next year. This offseason is almost eerily similar.

The article speculates that Keim will sign a couple of lower level UFA CB's in order to make sure he doesn't tip comp picks in the negative direction. Fuller is off the board and not sure Jackson makes it out of PHI meeting still looking for a team.

The only thing that would make sense if trading for either Nelson or Gilmore and using 1st rounder on a CB.

I'm thinking ARZ fills Sweezy's spot with either Jones or Cole, Cole would make more sense as Jones should remain at OT as he could possibly unseat Beachum as starting RT.

Golden, Gardeck and Kennard are going to fill the vacancy created by Reddick's departure.

Again, I am not okay with the above just speculating that is what is going to happen the remainder of offseason.

To recap I think Keim:
1. Signs low level FA CB's (not trade for Gilmore / Jackson / Nelson).
2. Replaces Sweezy in house.
3. Replaces Reddick in house.
4. Drafts CB, WR, RB in draft.

The problem with planning ahead for comp picks, if Keim doesn't win this season there is a good chance he may be gone. He has to win this season.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem with planning ahead for comp picks, if Keim doesn't win this season there is a good chance he may be gone. He has to win this season.

Exactly. The usual crsp from RotB.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why? So we can draft more Hakeem Butlers, Dorian Johnson's and Evan Boehm's?
Keim is playing the numbers game.

It's like you ask out 100 girls you're bound to get 1 yes. For Keim, he figures draft a bunch of players he's bound to get 1 player who won't be out of the NFL before their 1st contract expires. Again, not covering for the guy but that's how he has got to be justifying his draft ineptitude.

ARZ radio guys to include Wolfley have been saying Kingsbury not Keim is on the hot seat this year. If Bidwill hasn't canned Keim at this point you have to think Keim is like a cockroach, he will survive a nuclear holocaust.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's like you ask out 100 girls you're bound to get 1 yes. For Keim, he figures draft a bunch of players he's bound to get 1 player who won't be out of the NFL before their 1st contract expires. Again, not covering for the guy but that's how he has got to be justifying his draft ineptitude.

ARZ radio guys to include Wolfley have been saying Kingsbury not Keim is on the hot seat this year. If Bidwill hasn't canned Keim at this point you have to think Keim is like a cockroach, he will survive a nuclear holocaust.

This is not a very encouraging take on Keim.

Like the Suns, I wish the Cardinals would spend the money on scouting and a GM to get it right.

Hopefully the Suns are finally on the right path.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is not a very encouraging take on Keim.

Like the Suns, I wish the Cardinals would spend the money on scouting and a GM to get it right.

Hopefully the Suns are finally on the right path.
I like many of this board are not fans of Keim's tenure in ARZ so my take was not meant to be encouraging. I was calling it the way I see it.

Keim started off great but his drafting and free agent philosophies have put ARZ in a dire position. Murray is 2 years away from costing ARZ $35M+ a year where ARZ won't be able to spend money on free agents and because Keim sucks at drafting the talent around Murray will become non existent until eventually Murray gets tired of losing and we will be in the same scenario as Deshaun Watson & Houston Texans.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I like many of this board are not fans of Keim's tenure in ARZ so my take was not meant to be encouraging. I was calling it the way I see it.

Keim started off great but his drafting and free agent philosophies have put ARZ in a dire position. Murray is 2 years away from costing ARZ $35M+ a year where ARZ won't be able to spend money on free agents and because Keim sucks at drafting the talent around Murray will become non existent until eventually Murray gets tired of losing and we will be in the same scenario as Deshaun Watson & Houston Texans.
If not sooner, on that whole contract thing. Watson and Mahomes got extended after year three.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We agree about Keim. I've felt the Cardinals needed a new GM for years.

It's just discouraging to hear that Keim may survive a bad season when he hired the coach and is the one that ultimately makes the draft selections.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No GM can survive a 3rd HC getting fired. Not even Keim.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think all the speculation about who keim hired or fired is relatively silly. None of us possess actual facts on the matter. There may be evidence that points in one direction or another, but I’ve yet to see definitive evidence about any of the hirings/firings which means at best it’s all differing levels of conjecture.

what I do know is that it’s traditionally a gm’s role to do that hiring and firing. And thus even if Mikey is heavily involved with same. He’s likely at least relying on large part for keim input. And keims been a failure. So even though in all things the buck stops with an owner, in terms of coaches and personnel the one to blame is keim as he’s the highest ranking individual who can actually be replaced with someone competent.

Reactions: HGC
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think all the speculation about who keim hired or fired is relatively silly. None of us possess actual facts on the matter. There may be evidence that points in one direction or another, but I’ve yet to see definitive evidence about any of the hirings/firings which means at best it’s all differing levels of conjecture.

what I do know is that it’s traditionally a gm’s role to do that hiring and firing. And thus even if Mikey is heavily involved with same. He’s likely at least relying on large part for keim input. And keims been a failure. So even though in all things the buck stops with an owner, in terms of coaches and personnel the one to blame is keim as he’s the highest ranking individual who can actually be replaced with someone competent.

Plus no way Mike is hiring someone Keim is against. At the very least Keim was on board.