Cards bringing in 9 players

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to think they can find a decent long snapper and a punter who is healthy with a little searching.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 punter
3 snapper
3 pass rusher
Okafor is our first back up there, a ghost

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
We can only hope... but doubtful...

There has to be a better punter....it really makes me wonder what they are looking for in a punter. He had terrible punts in the first game and they didn't seem to care.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There has to be a better punter....it really makes me wonder what they are looking for in a punter. He had terrible punts in the first game and they didn't seem to care.
he was terrible last year too, and they didn't do anything about it in the offseason

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You cannot tell me there is not a punter available better than butler! He is trash has been for years, I don't believe their isntsome college kid or someone out there that can't kick a ball better than 25 yards lol. Butler is awful has been forever how he has kept his job is really strange! Would assume their are some LS available too or just bribe our old one out of retirement for another year.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Won't find anyone that will make a difference... TRADE FLOYD!
ok, be serious for a moment.

who, at this point in the season, is going to make a trade for a struggling wide receiver? and what would we get in return? this isn't baseball.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If you could have the best punter in the league, would you try to trade a high draft pick for him? Heck, a first rounder? The Cards seem to shelve their first rounders for a year, anyway, so would anything really be lost by doing so?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you could have the best punter in the league, would you try to trade a high draft pick for him? Heck, a first rounder? The Cards seem to shelve their first rounders for a year, anyway, so would anything really be lost by doing so?
basically "would you trade humpries for the best punter in the league"

if he was 25 or younger then yes, yes i would.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
ok, be serious for a moment.

who, at this point in the season, is going to make a trade for a struggling wide receiver? and what would we get in return? this isn't baseball.

Not sure who we could get in return. But I believe it's early enough that Floyd hasn't done too much damage to himself and his value....or, maybe he has. Man I wanted him traded last season... :mad:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest issue with Butler is he is inconsistent. He has made some outstanding punts but the problem is he craps the bed far too often.

No I would never spend a 1st rd pick on any kind of kicker. SK just needs to find one like 30 other teams have that were found as UDFA's or late rd picks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the reality with Floyd is the Cards kept him because they thought this was an all or nothing year and they could win it all. If they get to a point where they're not sure that's still true, then they might trade him.

Or if they get to a point where they think they have to to send a shot across the bow of the rest of the players by making a statement he might be the guy.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
And he was one of the only (if not the only) member of the previous staff to latch on with BA. Odd.

I'm pretty sure Kevin spencer was the special teams coach under Wis. He was fired once BA arrived. Special teams has sucked since (and AP hasn't returned a TD since)... Kevin spencer and John Lott should have been retained.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should have gone after Bryan Anger, he wanted out of Jax bad enough he refused to negotiate and wound up signing with Tampa Bay 1 year 1 million plus a 750K roster bonus. He's a UFA again after this season.

First 4 years total average 46.9 net average 40.6, this year 48 and 43.9! Not a great directional punter but still good inside the 20.

To be fair he's played on bad teams where he often just gets to blast the punts so his average may be misleading but much better than Butler.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kevin spencer was the special teams coach under Wis. He was fired once BA arrived. Special teams has sucked since (and AP hasn't returned a TD since)... Kevin spencer and John Lott should have been retained.

Agree about Spencer, but they had Lott for the first year and I don't think Lott and BA meshed well at all. Regardless, the strength team is pretty good still, just not as charismatic as Lott.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we really know how ST's are coached in AZ?

Reading between the lines, I get the sense that ST is kind of an afterthought - staffed when all other personnel issues are determined and the only attention is paid to one or two game-changers.

Is enough time and attention paid to ST's to make sure every member of return and coverage teams plays in synch?

Maybe the answer is "yes" but they sure don't play like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard