Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
really? do you have a link? don’t disagree but surprised he would say anything at all.
It was in a longer interview with Burns & Gambo…
And he was talking about how great AJ has looked in camp. Hop mentioned that he’s had the good fortune to play with two great hall of famers, Johnson in Houston and Fitz in AZ, but that both were past their prime… unlike AJ who, according to Hop, is still in his prime.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Larry would just swallow his pride and play for a contract that matches his impact/production...he could play for 5 more years for all I care.

I love Fitz, but the days of just owing him a steady 11 mil a year have to be done. You can't use that kind of cap space on a guy that is at most a 4th target right now.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Larry would just swallow his pride and play for a contract that matches his impact/production...he could play for 5 more years for all I care.

I love Fitz, but the days of just owing him a steady 11 mil a year have to be done. You can't use that kind of cap space on a guy that is at most a 4th target right now.
Even wanting him on the roster is the kind of asinine thinking that brings teams down. As a coach maybe as an active roster spot? No. The guy is toast.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even wanting him on the roster is the kind of asinine thinking that brings teams down. As a coach maybe as an active roster spot? No. The guy is toast.
I think he still has value because of his hands and his blocking.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Fitz was mostly a net negative last year over a replacement level WR.

That's why I'm not too down on signing AJ Green; I think Green will be easily better than Fitzgerald was last year.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Larry Fitzgerald Minnesota Vikings speculation returns: 'Possibility can't be dismissed'​

You must be registered for see images attach
In May, speculation surrounding Larry Fitzgerald potentially ending his career with the Minnesota Vikings swirled with several sites writing about how the free agent wide receiver would be a great fit in Minnesota.

That speculation has returned thanks to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio.

On Tuesday Florio wrote a story about how Chad Beebe hoped to be the third wide receiver on the Vikings' depth chart.

His story, however, ended with these comments about Fitzgerald

He wrote: "The chips could still fall in the shape of a homecoming for Minnesota native Larry Fitzgerald. A ball boy for the 1998 Vikings, Fitzgerald could be taking a wait-and-see approach as to whether the team will put a legitimate contender on the field in 2021. Until he officially retires or signs with another team, it’s a possibility that can’t be completely dismissed."

:grabs:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone remember watching Willie Mays play his last couple of years with the Mets? Brought tears to see the eroded skills of one of the greatest athletes of the 20th century.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media