Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald sounds like a man waiting for the right time and opportunity.

Darren Urban/Word From The Birds Sep 07, 2021 at 10:01 AM:

"The desire to play at this time is the same as it's been. I'm very comfortable with that. But you never know what tomorrow holds. Right now I'm very content. I'm very content."

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't imagine any scenario where he rejoins the team at this point.

kurt warner suggested on the dave pasch podcast that larry may be waiting to slip the news in when it won't get a ton of attention. maybe week 1?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald sounds like a man waiting for the right time and opportunity.

Darren Urban/Word From The Birds Sep 07, 2021 at 10:01 AM:

"The desire to play at this time is the same as it's been. I'm very comfortable with that. But you never know what tomorrow holds. Right now I'm very content. I'm very content."

Translation: Cards couldn't/didn't offer enough $$ for me to play 17 games, but when week 9 or 10 rolls around, if they are looking good I'll return.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
God bless Larry, probably the greatest Cardinal of all time and Denny Green made the right choice, but... I am not content, not very content, we do not have another vet corner on this squad while this thread is getting more bumps

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God bless Larry, probably the greatest Cardinal of all time and Denny Green made the right choice, but... I am not content, not very content, we do not have another vet corner on this squad while this thread is getting more bumps
Yup as far as this season relates to Larry wtf cares? Thankful for his last but moving forward its a complete non entity.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Utmost respect but what is he waiting for? Hang 'em up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Translation: Cards couldn't/didn't offer enough $$ for me to play 17 games, but when week 9 or 10 rolls around, if they are looking good I'll return.

Or let me check the temperature of the water before joining the team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

he’s been great but you take a hall of fame QB over a hall of fame WR every day of the week.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
he’s not coming back now. He has to realize he’d be taking snaps from players that can do more for the team than he can. It makes me really sad to say that but it is what it is.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals Open Season Without Fitzgerald​

At the beginning of training camp, numerous Cardinals players talked about how strange it was to be getting ready to prepare for the season without wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald in the building.

Now, more than six weeks later, the Cardinals are ready to play their season opener without him for the first time since 2003.

Fitzgerald said little throughout the offseason after his contract officially expired and only began opening up after beginning a weekly podcast with Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady on SiriusXM called, “Let’s Go!”

On the first broadcast last month, when asked by host Jim Gray if he planned to be a broadcaster or player this season, Fitzgerald said, "For now I'll be a radio broadcaster. Jim, to be honest with you I just don't have the urge to play right now. I don't know how I'll feel in September, October, November moving forward but I just, today, I just don't have the urge. And I think I have to be respectful of that.

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today after the Cards impressive win. Watch them win a Super Bowl now and Fitz still doesn't get a ring.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'd have caught that pass last Thursday...
No... He would have only been at the 2 at the time of the ball getting there. The ball would have whizzed by him 5 yards ahead ;)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With BAD news coming out about Sarver and the Suns, is Larry's investment in the team in financial trouble?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct, and we would have not even gotten there without Green getting open and making a crucial first down catch
That was an odd play too - with A.J. immediately going into the fetal position rather than trying to get some YAC.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave