Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was an odd play too - with A.J. immediately going into the fetal position rather than trying to get some YAC.
I don’t find it that odd... gave himself up not wanting to risk a fumble or taking more time off clock by not being able to get OOB imo.... Looked funny but in the end it makes some sense to me.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t find it that odd... gave himself up not wanting to risk a fumble or taking more time off clock by not being able to get OOB imo.... Looked funny but in the end it makes some sense to me.
It looked like a play where you wrap yourself up long before any defender gets near you to set up a FG kick on the next play.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Larry Fitzgerald lists self as former athlete on LinkedIn​

Former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is now a former athlete — at least according to his newly created LinkedIn profile.

While Fitzgerald has yet to publicly announce his retirement from the NFL, this appears to be another step in that direction. He labeled himself as an “Investor. Philanthropist. Former-Athlete” on his profile.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

Larry Fitzgerald lists self as former athlete on LinkedIn​

Former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is now a former athlete — at least according to his newly created LinkedIn profile.

While Fitzgerald has yet to publicly announce his retirement from the NFL, this appears to be another step in that direction. He labeled himself as an “Investor. Philanthropist. Former-Athlete” on his profile.
I hope he formally retires so the HOF clock can start

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
All those years, all that money, not to mention using such a high draft pick, and what did we get for it all? Not even one Super Bowl championship.

Lots of other great players lingered on poor-mediocre teams for way too many years unable to take them to the promised land all by themselves.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? He always said he wanted to go out quietly with no fanfare.
By not playing but also not officially retiring he had all the fans and the media speculating on whether he was going to come back later in the season or jump onto another team if a WR went out with injury. Much more publicity than if he had just hung up his cleats at the end of last season and started the clock for the HOF induction. This thread exists because of his apparent indecisiveness about his future.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It’s five years from his last game played iirc correctly. Doesn’t have to be formal. He’s one that I may actually go to the ceremony for.
The official by-laws that outline the Pro Football Hall of Fame's selection process states any player is eligible when he, "has not played or been on an active regular- or post-season player roster for five consecutive seasons."

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By not playing but also not officially retiring he had all the fans and the media speculating on whether he was going to come back later in the season or jump onto another team if a WR went out with injury. Much more publicity than if he had just hung up his cleats at the end of last season and started the clock for the HOF induction. This thread exists because of his apparent indecisiveness about his future.
Whose speculating? I’m sure not. It’s pretty clear he’s done

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what did it matter?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
It’s five years from his last game played iirc correctly. Doesn’t have to be formal. He’s one that I may actually go to the ceremony for.
I thought I read he has to turn in paperwork to the league informing them he’s retiring….

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, something mentioned this because a theory stated that he waited to make it official so he could go in with Brady during the whole false reports yesterday. It was pointed out that it was last games played, not officially retired

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose