Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Show me an effective receiving Tend and I'll show you a converted receiver. He doesn't have to do the Max Williams thing to be effective. The guy who just left town was hardly a blocking dynamo.
Larry Fitzgerald is a Hall of Fame WR who's 37 years old and you expect him to want to line up on the line of scrimmage next to the tackle and become a TE (that is like expecting a Hall of Fame safety to want to play LB at the twilight of his career)... good luck :)

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the odds of Larry returning are sub 20%.

The most likely scenario I see is that Larry doesn't officially retire. He enjoys some time off working on his other projects while keeping in shape and at some point when we lose a WR to long term injury he comes back. Especially if we look playoff bound.

I don't see him playing elsewhere.

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald is a Hall of Fame WR who's 37 years old and you expect him to want to line up on the line of scrimmage next to the tackle and become a TE (that is like expecting a Hall of Fame safety to want to play LB at the twilight of his career)... good luck :)

I don't expect anything.

I simply said, and repeat, that converting his role to pass-catching Tend is a possibility.

We can call the role whatever you like. I'm simply addressing the pass-catching routes assigned to Dan Arnold in 2020.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Why not more of a gadget role? He can line up at H-back...catch passes out of the backfield...block...and even throw passes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not more of a gadget role? He can line up at H-back...catch passes out of the backfield...block...and even throw passes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

has he ever shown he’s good at throwing passes? He’s way too slow to be catching passing out of the backfield and certainly not shifty enough. Lol

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
because his TD production last year shows he’s so good down there still?

I'll take a tall possession receiver with good hands over a 5'8 speed guy in the goal line formation. I'm suggesting him as a rotation guy, not the #1. thinking about it, we did get AJ green and if healthy, Green and hopkins would probably be my go to WRs.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bank on it - The day after Larry leaves the roster, our receiving corps will fall victim to the Injury Curse.

Find a (legit) role for Larry and be thankful we have him.

whats a legit role for a guy who is slow and can’t get separation anymore? Whose production has literally fallen off a cliff?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will say what most will not, it's time for Larry to retire. If he can no longer be productive at a level which defines his legacy he needs to call it quits, and those are not my words but his own when asked about this a few years back. Love the guy but his career in football under high standards is done... salute to Larry, embrace D-Hop :cards::newcards:

Brian in Mesa

BIM™
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'ain't going to retire,' Patrick Peterson predicts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...atrick-peterson-arizona-cardinals-prediction/

Patrick Peterson was Larry Fitzgerald's teammate for 10 seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.

Now with the Minnesota Vikings, the cornerback made some predictions about the wide receiver's future on Tuesday.

The Cardinals, and their fans, and many NFL fans have been waiting for the future Hall of Famer to announce his playing plans or his retirement plans for months.

"If he ain't retired yet, he ain't going to retire," Peterson said of Fitzgerald on his All Things Covered podcast with Bryant McFadden.

When asked by McFadden if the Cardinals even have room on their roster for Fitzgerald, Peterson replied:

"I think they will definitely find a way, they will find a way for it. If Larry definitely wanted to come back late in the year, or whenever the time may permit itself, they will find a way.

More at the link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...atrick-peterson-arizona-cardinals-prediction/

Reaction score
whats a legit role for a guy who is slow and can’t get separation anymore? Whose production has literally fallen off a cliff?

He has to be targeted before he can produce. He can't catch passes that aren't thrown his way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

***youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PoaDFh6LU

cardsfanmd

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'ain't going to retire,' Patrick Peterson predicts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...atrick-peterson-arizona-cardinals-prediction/

Patrick Peterson was Larry Fitzgerald's teammate for 10 seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.

Now with the Minnesota Vikings, the cornerback made some predictions about the wide receiver's future on Tuesday.

The Cardinals, and their fans, and many NFL fans have been waiting for the future Hall of Famer to announce his playing plans or his retirement plans for months.

"If he ain't retired yet, he ain't going to retire," Peterson said of Fitzgerald on his All Things Covered podcast with Bryant McFadden.

When asked by McFadden if the Cardinals even have room on their roster for Fitzgerald, Peterson replied:

"I think they will definitely find a way, they will find a way for it. If Larry definitely wanted to come back late in the year, or whenever the time may permit itself, they will find a way.

More at the link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...atrick-peterson-arizona-cardinals-prediction/
I was a little on the fence before. Now I’m sure Larry’s done. Thanks PP.