Brandon Keith.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those of you who've seen him in action, does anyone think he could be a LT of the future for us? I've heard from several people that he's been impressive so I was wondering if he has the feet to play on the left and eventually replace Gandy.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
For those of you who've seen him in action, does anyone think he could be a LT of the future for us? I've heard from several people that he's been impressive so I was wondering if he has the feet to play on the left and eventually replace Gandy.

I actually think he could be the RT of the future when the coaches realize that Levi Brown is better off at LT.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I actually think he could be the RT of the future when the coaches realize that Levi Brown is better off at LT.

What is the rational for this ?

One year, and a year where he was injured as well ?

Or is this a plug for Warner.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
What is the rational for this ?

One year, and a year where he was injured as well ?

Or is this a plug for Warner.

Levi Brown is a natural LT...watch his college tapes...he was a lights-out LT.

The irony is...the Cardinals forced Leonard Davis there (LT) when Denny was being Denny...now he's a Pro Bowl RG, where MOST of us CRIED on this board for him to be played there...

Yeah, yeah, let's trust Russ Grimm...sure...and Gandy was solid at LT, so OK...but when Gandy leaves, get Brown over where he belongs and hopefully Keith will be the answer at RT.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree with you. In one of my posts this past weekend I stated that the guy moves his feet very well. And it is obvious that he is strong enough to man the post. But can he keep his head in the game? We all know that's really the question with this guy. If he can do that, Levi can be moved to LT which I also believe is a better position for him. It better be, in order to warrant us taking him at number 5 last season.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here...Wouldn't you want your OT with the better feet protecting the blindside of the QB? Which in Leinarts case it would be the RT where Keith is at right now.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here...Wouldn't you want your OT with the better feet protecting the blindside of the QB? Which in Leinarts case it would be the RT where Keith is at right now.

Maybe. Except that most teams premier rusher comes in against the left tackle.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Maybe. Except that most teams premier rusher comes in against the left tackle.
I was under the impression that other teams defense would switch their DEs around so they would attack the QB's blindside. Maybe I am wrong in that.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was under the impression that other teams defense would switch their DEs around so they would attack the QB's blindside. Maybe I am wrong in that.

Few teams swap pass-rushing DE sides. Most end up over LT.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tricky thing about really athletic guys (on either side of the LOS) who are either (a) raw or (b) were underproducers in college:

You can never be sure whether they'll turn out to be Logan Mankins or Jomo Cousins.

I'm not sure if you can tell that much from practice - that's what the four preseason games are for (and even then, it depends on how many plays they're actually in for).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it used to be that the best pass rushers came from the offenses left side --

but in the NFC west -- Leonard Little lines up over the right side. Pat Kerney of Seattle lines up over the right. Justin Smith of the 49ers lines up over the right (while SF's best pass rusher, it says more about SF's pass rush than Justin Smith)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

but in the NFC west -- Leonard Little lines up over the right side. Pat Kerney of Seattle lines up over the right. Justin Smith of the 49ers lines up over the right (while SF's best pass rusher, it says more about SF's pass rush than Justin Smith)

It's a very good idea, but has it panned out statistically?
I'm feeling a little bogged down at the moment, so I can't check it, but how'd Kerney and Little do as LDE vs other elite pass rushers on the opposite side?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Justin Smith lined up over the left tackle in Cinnci.

He was head-to-head against Gandy in last season's game.

Reaction score
In the latest Cardinals Underground Wofley is very high on Keith. Wofley said, "If you told me he (Brandon Keith) was a first round draft pick, I wouldn't be surprised."

:shrug:

At the end of the session, Wofley even went so far as to wonder if Keith might be a starter before the year is out!

Personally, I certainly hope not, because that will mean the OL has been decimated by injuries.

:stick::stick::stick:

Last edited:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the latest Cardinals Underground Wofley is very high on Keith. Wofley said, "If you told me he (Brandon Keith) was a first round draft pick, I wouldn't be surprised."

Kill Brandon, Kill!

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

:shrug:

At the end of the session, Wofley even went so far as to wonder if Keith might be a starter before the year is out!

Personally, I certainly hope not, because that will mean the OL has been decimated by injuries.

:stick::stick::stick:

I'm telling you the guy looks good out there. He really does. In other words, I'm with Wolfley on this one.

Last edited:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score

Thats interesting because Dale Hellastrae, former NFL offensive lineman, was a guest host with MJ today and said pretty much the same thing.

He said he saw him in one-on-one pass rush drills with defensive ends and after two of them Dale said that was all it took for him to be sold. He said the kid had perfect footwork and flawless technique that he has rarely seen from veterans let alone rookies. The defensive ends didn't stand a chance according to him.

If that wasn't enough he said that in a line on line drill the defense was running a complicated stunt that required Keith to block the defensive tackle. He said that not only did Keith read it right, he just manhandled the defensive tackle and drove him out of the play.

He said if he didn't know and someone told him that Keith was a second round pick he would say "Wow good pick."

If someone had told him that Keith was a third round pick he would have said "What a steal."

Knowing that Keith is a seventh round pick he is simply astounded that Keith wasn't a first day pick.

He said that what makes Keith special is a rare conbination of size, strength, techinque, and a knowledge and feel for offensive line play.

He speculated that some teams were worried about attitude and a criminal incident that will go away if he has no further trouble.

He said that he wasn't worried about attitude because coaches told him they asked him to get in better shape after OTAs and he came to camp 25 lbs. lighter. He seems to be taking this very seriously and making the most of the opportunity.

Reaction score
Freakin' awesome! :fans:

It's long overdue that the Cardinals strike gold with a late round pick.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting because Dale Hellastrae, former NFL offensive lineman, was a guest host with MJ today and said pretty much the same thing.

He said he saw him in one-on-one pass rush drills with defensive ends and after two of them Dale said that was all it took for him to be sold. He said the kid had perfect footwork and flawless technique that he has rarely seen from veterans let alone rookies. The defensive ends didn't stand a chance according to him.

If that wasn't enough he said that in a line on line drill the defense was running a complicated stunt that required Keith to block the defensive tackle. He said that not only did Keith read it right, he just manhandled the defensive tackle and drove him out of the play.

He said if he didn't know and someone told him that Keith was a second round pick he would say "Wow good pick."

If someone had told him that Keith was a third round pick he would have said "What a steal."

Knowing that Keith is a seventh round pick he is simply astounded that Keith wasn't a first day pick.

He said that what makes Keith special is a rare conbination of size, strength, techinque, and a knowledge and feel for offensive line play.

He speculated that some teams were worried about attitude and a criminal incident that will go away if he has no further trouble.

He said that he wasn't worried about attitude because coaches told him they asked him to get in better shape after OTAs and he came to camp 25 lbs. lighter. He seems to be taking this very seriously and making the most of the opportunity.

I love Wolf like a brother, but his outlook on the Cards players will always be tainted by his time he spent with this team. Dale H. on the other hand was one of the great Olinemen and he doesn't really play favorites with any of the Cards players. If he says Keith is good, you'd damn well better believe him.