Booker Question

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
nah. You’re an over obsessed hater...if I was only going to post about one thing that lost us the game, it would be CP3’s awful game or Bridges’ complete and utter no show. Not about the only guy who singlehandedly kept us alive.

you on March 27...
cheesebeef said:

Book also flat out has to be better in the clutch than he has been lately. He’s shooting something like 39% in the fourth and only 30% in “clutch” time under 5 minutes left in the game for the season.

yeah, he "singlehandedly" kept us in many, if not most of the games you were talking about too.

is it a new rule for others that we can't criticize one element of a game without prioritizing all the factors?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my game 5 comments, now in politically correct, priority order:
1. Booker played a great game
2. we wouldn't have been in this game without Booker's great performance
3. we might be on the verge of a championship instead of elimination if, in the final seconds, Booker had passed the ball to a wide open Bridges or CP3 instead of taking on 3 defenders

1 of the 3 correctables i warned about all season that have been working against us in the postseason

the Booker Question?
here's the look Jordan gave Kerr in '97 (and, likely, Paxson in '93) when he told him to "be ready" in the final seconds of game 6 for the championship

You must be registered for see images attach

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
my game 5 comments, now in politically correct, priority order:
1. Booker played a great game
2. we wouldn't have been in this game without Booker's great performance
3. we might be on the verge of a championship instead of elimination if, in the final seconds, Booker had passed the ball to a wide open Bridges or CP3 instead of taking on 3 defenders

1 of the 3 correctables i warned about all season that have been working against us in the postseason

the Booker Question?
here's the look Jordan gave Kerr in '97 (and, likely, Paxson in '93) when he told him to "be ready" in the final seconds of game 6 for the championship

You must be registered for see images attach

Well I’m sure one of those shots were designed plays. Monty just didn’t call a timeout to get the guys set.

today’s media day someone mentioned Ayton being in the wrong spot on that Booker drive and turnover. A timeout could have set us up with a better possession.

yes it does give the bucks a chance to set up but defensive is reactive in those situations.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'm actually ok with no timeout, given that the chaos of the moment could have afforded us an opportunity
-- if the ball-handler makes the right decision

it became an easy decision for the defense -- because they knew he wasn't going to pass

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they put to rest all of this Kobe comparison crap. Booker is not and never will be Kobe.
good gravy. That is going to be the longest damn flight of Booker’s life.
OMG and then some. I can't imagine.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they put to rest all of this Kobe comparison crap. Booker is not and never will be Kobe.

OMG and then some. I can't imagine.

those dudes are probably gonna be BLASTED too.

and yes, seriously, Kobe comparisons need to stop. He’s not at that level. He’s great, but Kobe is arguably top 10 of all time. Booker arguably isn’t even top 10 in the NBA right now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This came out after game 3 or maybe 4 in the finals. I thought someone else might share it here but apparently no one did. Booker himself called for the Kobe comparisons to stop.

“I know it’s something that everybody has going on right now. I didn’t make that comparison myself, and I just leave it at what he’s done for me as a mentor and the advice that he’s left me with. So I try to take bits and pieces of his mentality and his approach, but I should never be compared to Kobe Bryant.”

Fansided.com/2021/07/19/devin-booker-shoots-down-comparisons-mentor-kobe-bryant-video/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARDS211