Boldin traded to Ravens

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Darren Urban has been surprisingly quiet since this news broke... I want my blog Darren!

Edit: I want my Tweet Darren! Blog is up...

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Only the Cards will lose KD Rolle and then give up a pro bowl reciever after making the playoffs two years in a row for the first time in Cards history.

Way to go Graves. Makes me feel real good renewiing Tix.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
just signed 4 year 28 mil dollar deal with Ravens per adam

OK...Kool. I'm glad he got that. Unfortunately we could not allocate that sum at his position. It would hurt the team going ahead....and I know he understands that. It won't be a distraction this season and everyone can move on. It's really the best.

Congrats Anquan - Long Live 81!

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Bolden's departure leaves me with a wrenched feeling in the gut. Really going to miss him on the field. But, on the other hand, the Raven's have inherited the squabble over a new contract. I estimate he'll be available in FA next year, unless the Raven's are willing to pay through the nose. In the mean time, we got a couple of quality picks to rebuild with!

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Ravens have one of the best GMs in the league and them getting that extra 5th in this deal shows why.

OP
OP
PoolBoy

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Bolden's departure leaves me with a wrenched feeling in the gut. Really going to miss him on the field. But, on the other hand, the Raven's have inherited the squabble over a new contract. I estimate he'll be available in FA next year, unless the Raven's are willing to pay through the nose. In the mean time, we got a couple of quality picks to rebuild with!

4 years 28 mil

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guess again. Already signed a 4 year 28 million dollar deal.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
wow. the end of q.well at least I got to wear a Boldin jersey proudly for a couple of years. I really had hoped we would keep him.

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score

Just signed a resonable 4 yr 28 mil deal. Ravens got the better of this deal.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score

He already signed...

Anquan Boldin lands three-year, $25 million extension, leaving him with four years and $28 million left. New deal includes $10 million gtd.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He only got $10 million in guarantees, according to Schefter.

With a year left on his contract, I think Q had a lot of say in where he was going. I also think he wanted to be a number one option more than he wanted to be paid like a number one option. Baltimore was a perfect fit for him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He only got $10 million in guarantees, according to Schefter.

With a year left on his contract, I think Q had a lot of say in where he was going. I also think he wanted to be a number one option more than he wanted to be paid like a number one option. Baltimore was a perfect fit for him.

Only 10? :shrug: :D

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Our offense won't miss a beat. Just check the games where he didn't play. We were just as explosive. That being said, it kinda sucks to see him sign such a reasonable deal when he was demanding "Fitz type" money the last two season in our negotiations.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Our offense won't miss a beat. Just check the games where he didn't play. We were just as explosive. That being said, it kinda sucks to see him sign such a reasonable deal when he was demanding "Fitz type" money the last two season in our negotiations.

Our offense won't miss a beat *if* Leinart is as good as Warner. He isn't. Oh well we were clearly switching to a smashmouth team and these two extra picks let us pick up an extra OL and blocking TE in this draft. Beanie Wells will be the steal of every fantasy football league next year. Mark my words.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Crazy. Can't explain the feeling I have right now other then this is a but more bitter for me then I thought it would be. I wish him nothing but the best and the Ravens just got themselves a hell of a player and leader for their offense. With Dunta I am giving them a strong chance to come out of the AFC.

I do like the idea of Kiem and Wiz having picks in the 3rd and 4th rd that by every analysts estimation is the equivalent of a 2nd and 3rd in prior years. There really is a lot of depth and like the Cowboys with Heschel Walker and the picks the got, maybe we draft the players that become cornerstones like our other young guys. If you are going to revamp a team, 6 picks in the first 132 picks or so.

I am more excited for the draft then ever but this is a day to thank a player who was for me at least, an original Cardinal and one of the best leaders this team has ever had.

Your welcome Baltimore

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who knows we could easily have gotten the better end of this deal, we won't know for awhile. Boldin will likely as always end up injured and we could land a couple of solid players in a deep draft. Wish him well but at this point want to get Doucet on the field as he looks like a younger Boldin that might be able to stay on the field.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The Ravens have one of the best GMs in the league and them getting that extra 5th in this deal shows why.

Give our FO some credit. All we get is a 3rd and maybe a 6th if we don't throw in next years 5, for their 4 in a deep, deep underclass draft.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
He's well worth 4 years at $28M, with $10M guaranteed! Wonder why our FO didn’t get it done?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boldin would not have agreed to the same deal here sorry, he was and probably always will be pissed at the Cards FO. No way he would have took that deal here and I am glad the Cards took a stand and did not give it to him. He shouldn't have signed the other deal if he was just going to try the BS he did without playing out the contract. Peace! Bring on Early who looks like a younger less injury prone Boldin!

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
No Warner, Dansby, Rolle, Boldin...Hmm. Imagine last year if all these players were hurt for one game. Im not saying we are gonna suck but im very curious to see whats gonna happen next year. Im gonna just buy a #27 Barnes jersey and wear it from now on... I have 5 Jerseys and not one of them are still on the team. Berry, Boldin, Warner, James, Dansby,