Boldin traded to Ravens

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Frankly, we don't need a good WR to beat your team. 40 year old Bruce was all we needed.

And didn't I see a post earlier in the night saying you came here to talk football not needing the hate or personal attacks?

You're an ass Blowhard, always have been always will be. Tya to the Niners board or did they kick your ass out there too? I wish I could really say what I wanted to say to you here or find you in a dark alley.

Last edited:

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
And didn't I see a post earlier in the night saying you came here to talk football not needing the hate or personal attacks?

You're an ass Blowhard, always have been always will be. Tya to the Niners board or did they kick your ass out there too? I wish I could really say what I wanted to say to you here or find you in a dark alley.

I am nice before people attack me and my team first. Then I respond back with the truth.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
And beating us twice got you to 8-8. No playoffs once again. Talk to us when you win the division. Right now you are spewing your crap on the NFC West Champions board.

Well, I do not care about what you say, because deep down inside we all know who is the better team right now. You attacked my team first so I gave you some back, fair and square.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I do not care about what you say, because deep down inside we all know who is the better team right now. You attacked my team first so I gave you some back, fair and square.

No, you came here being a smartass about Breaston stepping up etc. This great team of yours couldn't beat the Seahags with your season on the line and you trash us?
You can't change the outcome of the past two seasons. We won the division and the niners didn't have a winning season in either year.

It gets old after while. Go away.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Settle, peeps. :)

And I'm supposed to be a darksider!

Look, I love Q, and he'll always hold a special place in my sports memory for what he was and what he did for the Cards.

That said, I think we got a good deal here. An extra third round pick and a move-up from the 5th to the 4th...in a draft deep in defensive talent, which we desperately need. I like it.

People comparing this to the Saints trade are way, way out of line. We upgraded when we swapped picks in this deal with the Ravens. When we traded our one 1st rounder for two 1st rounders, we also gave up a 4th rounder and we also moved BACK in the 2nd round, which put in peril the drafting of Boldin. Big difference, and these trades are nothing alike.

I like what the FO did here. Another pick and a good moveup. Dig it.

Ditto! You totally echo my thoughts here, Stout.

Saying Breaston has a chance to step up is like saying Obama has a chance at being successful as a black politician.

LOL. The WR position is the best manned position we have on this team. We have more depth here than anywhere else. We need help on defense. Getting some draft picks by trading Q is okay with me.

That said, I LOVE ANQUAN BOLDIN! I love his heart. I love his determination. I love his work ethic. I love his balls-to-the-wall style of play. I wish him the best in Baltimore and in life in general. But the fact remains that he would have been gone next year anyway. Kurt is gone. Antron was released. Bertrand retired. Chike is not being resigned. We knew Dansby was likely gone as well. I think the organization was smart to make a move now, especially since they tested the market for Q last year.

Personally, I thought we would only get a third rounf pick for him. The fact that we were able to move up a round makes me happy. Now, let's see what we can do with those picks.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
No, you came here being a smartass about Breaston stepping up etc. This great team of yours couldn't beat the Seahags with your season on the line and you trash us?
You can't change the outcome of the past two seasons. We won the division and the niners didn't have a winning season in either year.

It gets old after while. Go away.

Why are you putting words into my mouth? I was serious when I said Breaston has a chance to step up. Dude has 6 TDs in 3 years playing scrub DBs, so next year is really the year to prove if he's for real or not. How did I trash your team again? sensitive much?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are you putting words into my mouth? I was serious when I said Breaston has a chance to step up. Dude has 6 TDs in 3 years playing scrub DBs, so next year is really the year to prove if he's for real or not. How did I trash your team again? sensitive much?

Do you watch the games. Breaston has to prove he is real? Are you kidding me? Doucet has something to prove and that said the sad sack group of receivers you have would kill to have him.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
Do you watch the games. Breaston has to prove he is real? Are you kidding me? Doucet has something to prove and that said the sad sack group of receivers you have would kill to have him.

Yes, I've watched him play many many times and dude has pulled a Houdini act in alot of games. But like I said, he still needs to prove himself because he's actually going to be playing #2 and #1 DBs next season. 6 TDs in 3 years and you think Breaston is legit already?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Breaston is already better than most if not all of your WR Blowhard! And your team as you say still has not won ****! So you beat us how did that work out for your team....oh wait we are still the division champs back to back biatchh! Go and blow with other niner fans bet their good at that in SF:p

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am nice before people attack me and my team first. Then I respond back with the truth.

Settle down, friend. I can see where you wouldn't put much stock in Breaston since he's done nothing noteworthy in the past year against your we-beat-you-twice-but-we-still-can't-knock-you-out-of-the-playoffs team, but take a minute and look beyond two weeks of the season. Breaston has steady improved over the past two years, having over 1,000 yards in 2008. In addition, the Cards have this guy named Doucet .... and if you don't know, now you know. And you mention TDs and the lack thereof from Breaston. Welll, guess what? The Cards have a running game now. Fancy that!

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I've watched him play many many times and dude has pulled a Houdini act in alot of games. But like I said, he still needs to prove himself because he's actually going to be playing #2 and #1 DBs next season. 6 TDs in 3 years and you think Breaston is legit already?

You do realize that Breaston plays at end a lot right so he's not facing #3 CBs a lot. You've watched him play many times my ass.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Ummm......75 rec 1000 yard season with two Pro Bowl wide outs in front of him? What more proof do you need?

I knew 9er fan, especially you, would be licking their chops right about now. As it stands, you are still second fiddle in the division until proven otherwise.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably the best thing to happen for everyone involved. Cards Got to have a great player through his prime and got something in return. Boldin got the contract he always wanted. Baltimore gets probably two more good years out of Boldin.

Going to miss Boldin! He will always be one of my all time favorites! I will always treasure my autographed Boldin Jersey.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Actually if you watch any of the games in our offense it is Boldin who played against the scrubs or LB's or Safeties. Boldin was the guy in the slot or motioned to get the better matchup, not Breaston. In fact according to profootballprospectus it was Breaston who faced the #2 CB more times then Boldin did in 2008 (haven't read the 2009 stats from them yet).

So you assertion that Breaston was only playing against scrubs is clueless. Or you could just go and look up the stats for when Breaston was the starter when Boldin was injured that last two years.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
weren't you on here crowing about Josh Morgan :confused:. Yep , he's pretty legit. Legitimately bad.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am sure Gosoft will disappear as soon as the 49ers act like the 49ers... such a troll.

And yes GoSoft was all over Josh Morgan's sack last year before the season; LOL!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Niners had the Cards number last season...which would have worked out great for them if the could beat the other 14 teams on the schedule.

Way to see the forest through the trees, Niner Fan.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Just another here that thinks the Ravens got a steal. Sure Boldin was a headache at times and did some things that went against the grain, but at times he was one of the best WRs in the game. He's getting older and is often injured, but I would hope the Cardinals could have gotten a better deal than this out of him. Would have hoped for a lesser WR (but one that is stiil good) and a draft pick type deal for him.