Boldin traded to Ravens

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's well worth 4 years at $28M, with $10M guaranteed! Wonder why our FO didn’t get it done?

Because he didnt want to be here anymore. He vowed never to sign an extension. they had to trade him. He is on the wrong side of 30.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he didnt want to be here anymore. He vowed never to sign an extension. they had to trade him. He is on the wrong side of 30.

He's 29 ;)

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
It was time for Boldin to go.. he wanted to goand now he's gone so go on and do your thing you grown ass man!!

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lets be realistic here, Hes going to miss a cumulative of a seasons worth of games in that 4 years basically 3 years 28 mill.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's go 35 year old knees!

Knees really haven't been an issue since year 2 it's been things like broken hips, broken face, dislocated toes etc.....

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Crappy deal - Ravens got the better end of it. Q is a perfect fit in Baltimore. That is until he and Ray Lewis get into a fight. :)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
^Point is Shane you know we got his BEST years now we trading him when we HAD TO and actually got something for him. Not a bad deal IMO at all.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry disagree about Baltimore getting the best of it thats pure speculation! We could very well end up getting multiple players that contribute more than an injury prone WR could have.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry disagree about Baltimore getting the best of it thats pure speculation! We could very well end up getting multiple players that contribute more than an injury prone WR could have.

This. We won't know for at least 3 years who got the better end of this deal. As a side note, this extra third and forth potentially lets us trade up into the second if we want. Draft weekend is going to be fun as hell this year at least. Heres to Whiz coaching up the rooks!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny... I actually think we completely fleeced Baltimore, got rid of a potential head-ache and have multiple picks to do whatever want in the first four rounds to set up the future.

Good job Graves and Co.

and y'all call ME the darksider.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^Point is Shane you know we got his BEST years now we trading him when we HAD TO and actually got something for him. Not a bad deal IMO at all.

I'm fine with the deal. But then you go on to say looks like we may have a younger HEALTHIER version of Q. Yet Early has had a hard time staying healthy already and he is 7 years younger.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
When coming up with who got the better end of this deal it was the Ravens. But it is of note that we were never going to get fair value in return, rarely do teams get fair value in return when they trade a player away. Why because the player has a lot of say in the process, especially when they only have one year left on the deal. They have a lot of say in telling the team you try and trade them to by being a jerk to the new team and telling them you will only have me for one year because I will never sign an extension with you(probably what he told the Chiefs) or the player can say lets work on an extension.

So again in the NFL unless you are the Lions fleecing the Cowboys or the Vikings fleecing the Chiefs, 9 times out of ten trading away a player will never get you equal value.

What we traded him for is basically a high 3rd rounder.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Boldin would not have agreed to the same deal here sorry, he was and probably always will be pissed at the Cards FO. No way he would have took that deal here and I am glad the Cards took a stand and did not give it to him. He shouldn't have signed the other deal if he was just going to try the BS he did without playing out the contract. Peace! Bring on Early who looks like a younger less injury prone Boldin!

So... I'm guessing that you just became a fan of the Arizona Cardinals in the last four months? :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
When coming up with who got the better end of this deal it was the Ravens. But it is of note that we were never going to get fair value in return, rarely do teams get fair value in return when they trade a player away. Why because the player has a lot of say in the process, especially when they only have one year left on the deal. They have a lot of say in telling the team you try and trade them to by being a jerk to the new team and telling them you will only have me for one year because I will never sign an extension with you(probably what he told the Chiefs) or the player can say lets work on an extension.

So again in the NFL unless you are the Lions fleecing the Cowboys or the Vikings fleecing the Chiefs, 9 times out of ten trading away a player will never get you equal value.

Actually, the way the Vikes fleeced the Chiefs it makes Graves look like Ozzie Newsome.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Q had to be traded, and I will really miss him (my fav. player in the team since his arrival) but, dayum this reminds be of the bargain the Pats got for Randy Moss.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Early has yet to get all the playing time so time will tell if he can be less injury prone than Boldin was. All I know is Boldin was injured often and we played well without him most of the time. While he may be missed a little I don't think him not being here is the difference between us winning and losing.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
The talk of getting a 2nd rounder for him was complete fantasy. This is the right value for a 30 year old whose body is breaking down on him.

Prediction: he has one monster season in Baltimore to "prove us wrong" and then he's finished. This happens often when veterans move on and hold grudges against their old team.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Totally sweet burn.

Agreed. +1.

The judges also would accept "Not the way you believed Josh McCown would be a legitimate NFL QB" but unfortunately that would apply to too many people on this board.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early has yet to get all the playing time so time will tell if he can be less injury prone than Boldin was.
I really like Doucet's potential, but he's played FAR less than Boldin and still been injured every season (I didn't fact check that, but if he hasn't it's only been one season he's 100% healthy).