Boldin traded to Ravens

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
First Warner, now Boldin, Dansby, Rolle, Berry...tough, tough off season. It's no fun to change when you're talking about back to back NFC West crowns, an NFC Championship and Super Bowl appearance.

I'll give you "7" guesses who is going to be held responsible if the Cards don't get back to the playoffs.

Changes had to be made. We all know this. At least we're able to reload and still compete for a title, instead of waiting too long and having to rebuild from scratch.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
I do think it is odd how we often throw in an additional pick. Wasn't the Bryant Johnson / Calvin Pace trade the same? We gave up like the 9th pick and our 4th rounder to get the 18th and 19th? Why can't we ever keep that stupid pick?!?!?!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Glad we got decent value for him. If we still had Warner I hoped Boldin would stay and we could make another SB run, but Q is surplus at this point. Doucet has developed into Boldin II, so I'm happy we didn't let him walk for nothing. Also glad he's in the AFC.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I do think it is odd how we often throw in an additional pick. Wasn't the Bryant Johnson / Calvin Pace trade the same? We gave up like the 9th pick and our 4th rounder to get the 18th and 19th? Why can't we ever keep that stupid pick?!?!?!

the human snail

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Damn this is a bitter pill to swallow. Bah, I've gotta hit a happy hour to drown my sorrows. Damn.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not enough in my opinion. It should have been a (low) 2nd rounder.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes Q. As for the trade, hindsight being 20/20 we should have made the Bears trade last year. Had Warner retired last year I think we would have. Had we won the SB Warner would have retired I bet. Damn you Santonio Holmes and Ben Rothlisberger!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I don't know. Ask me in a couple of years after we see how those picks turn out for us. An additional 3rd and 4th is nothing to sneeze at.

Casserly called this the deepest undergrad class in 30 years. The Cards have those picks targeted. Bank on it. Back to back in the 3rd-4th is pretty big this year. 5th in 2011 - who knows if they'll even be playing in 2011?

All this and the Ravens aren't even assured he'll be back in 2011. We got so many holes to fill, I feel that this was inevitable. Rolle's leaving was the final straw....but this deal probably gets done anyway. I'm also glad it wasn't the Dolphins, who did not step up to the plate by any means. I hope that's not lost on Anquan.

Thank you 81 - Thank you! TTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MUCH! :newcards:

I wish for you much continued success. That's a good fit for you. May you get a ring - but not at our expense! :D

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would be halfway OK with the 3rd & 4th if we did not give up a pick. Why the hell did we have to include a pick. We still only end up with 1 additional pick this draft. If it was only going to be one pick, it should have been a second!

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Best wishes Q. As for the trade, hindsight being 20/20 we should have made the Bears trade last year. Had Warner retired last year I think we would have. Had we won the SB Warner would have retired I bet. Damn you Santonio Holmes and Ben Rothlisberger!

Warner set us back a couple years.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I would be halfway OK with the 3rd & 4th if we did not give up a pick. Why the hell did we have to include a pick. We still only end up with 1 additional pick this draft. If it was only going to be one pick, it should have been a second!

Baltimore probably asked nicely. Rod's a sucker for that kind of thing.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knew all along it wasn't gonna be much. Would it really have been worse to keep him this year and just take the comp pick for him next year?

No guarentee we get a comp pick, you know how finicky that process is.

I'm more bummed out we had to give them our 5th rd pick (lucky rd for us).

In a very deep draft getting a 3rd and 4th is going to be a big help.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Warner set us back a couple years.

I'll always love Warner for getting us to the SB, but him staying last year is looking more and more like it was a huge mistake for all parties involved.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Well, that didn't take long: Anquan Boldin agrees to a new four-year, $28 million contract with the Ravens. per Schefter

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Hey, look on the bright side. We got to see Quan in his prime & at his best & now he gets the security for himeself and his family. We (he & fans) can know move on. One day his name will be forever etched in the UoP. Hopefully he can get the ring he was 35 seconds away from receiving as long as it doesn't come at our expense

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the idea of back to back picks on both the 3rd and 4th rounds. With this deep defensive draft that gives us 6 picks in the first 4 rounds. I don't care about the 5th round at all. This also gives us some flexibility to move up for a special player if we wish.