Boldin traded to Ravens

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Wow very quickly!!!

Thx for your heroic play, passion & taking the Cards past the darkside, you will be greatly missed #81!!!

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
3rd and 4th for Q and a 5th. I'd say that's the best value we could hope for at this point. Thanks for all the wonderful memories Q!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knew all along it wasn't gonna be much. Would it really have been worse to keep him this year and just take the comp pick for him next year?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow very quickly!!!

Thx for your heroic play, passion & taking the Cards past the darkside, you will be greatly missed #81!!!

+1000

Thanks for everything you grown ass man.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knew all along it wasn't gonna be much. Would it really have been worse to keep him this year and just take the comp pick for him next year?
I don't know. Ask me in a couple of years after we see how those picks turn out for us. An additional 3rd and 4th is nothing to sneeze at.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love ya Q! Wish you nothing but the BEST!

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
I don't feel good. In essence, we are getting 4th and 5th round picks. *kills self*

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
One question though... Why would we part with a 5th rounder when that's been our luck round 2/3 (maybe 3/3 we'll see) years?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Q was part of the equation that made us relevant. Best wishes Q

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably would've. Comp picks are at most a 3rd and only one per player. We got a 3rd and 4th and lost a 5th.

I'm disappointed that we didn't do this when he had more value. I'll take it, though. Doucet is a beast.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't feel good. In essence, we are getting 4th and 5th round picks. *kills self*

No, we are getting another 3rd rd pick and another 4th rd pick in a year loaded with defensive talent. We will be able to take a solid TE with these picks now too. If Gronk falls to us, no one will be upset about this trade anymore.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cards are barreling headlong back to the days of 5-11. Nice run though while it lasted.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And the first domino falls. Losing Q, Karlos and Rolle on the same day would be pretty monumental.

As for the trade, I'm fine with it. I started to accept life without Q years ago. I really thought we'd get a 2nd, but a third and moving up a round is a decent return. Not as good as trading Duane Starks for a 3rd, but decent.

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this yet. I knew he'd get traded, not too upset with the return. But still a sad day none the less. Thanks for it all Q have nothing but respect and wish you well in the future.

Hope to one day see you name in the ring.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
First Warner, now Boldin, Dansby, Rolle, Berry...tough, tough off season. It's no fun to change when you're talking about back to back NFC West crowns, an NFC Championship and Super Bowl appearance.

I'll give you "7" guesses who is going to be held responsible if the Cards don't get back to the playoffs.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Probably would've. Comp picks are at most a 3rd and only one per player. We got a 3rd and 4th and lost a 5th.

I'm disappointed that we didn't do this when he had more value. I'll take it, though. Doucet is a beast.

We don't even know if a new CBA would have comp. picks. Tough to pray for one, and they are difficult to get because the formula is largely salary and playing time. Two things Q is on the low end of at times.

But I do have to say I sort of followed the Ravens before, but they are solid in the AFC this year and will be fun to watch.