Boldin traded to Ravens

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Boldin in all black is a scary proposition. Q is a mean dude and you give him a black helmet, a black jersey, black pants, black knee-highs and black cleats and the guy is gonna look like a Terminator....

Gotta cheer for BAL in the AFC this year....

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
The Baltimore Ravens badly wanted a No. 1 receiver. Trading for Anquan Boldin might seem like the answer, but I beg to differ.
Boldin is not a No. 1 receiver. He doesn't run well enough. The Ravens, desperate to get a threat for young quarterback Joe Flacco, traded a third-round pick and a fourth-round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for Boldin and a fifth-round pick.
The Cardinals were willing to part with Boldin in part because they tired of his ways, and the team personnel department thinks Early Doucet is ready to take over as the third receiver behind Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston. They also didn't think Boldin ran by anybody.
Boldin is a tough-guy receiver. He will break tackles after the catch, but if a team plays up on him in press coverage he has trouble getting past them.
The Ravens also gave Boldin a three-year contract extension, which should finally appease Boldin, who has constantly griped about his contract in Arizona the past couple of years.
Trading and paying is always risky. It's even more so with a receiver I don't think is a true No. 1.

Prisco at sportsline

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't THAT bad. That are alot of sleeper WRs nowadays that you guys could draft plus Breaston has a chance to step up. I am glad Q is out of the NFC West though so now I can start cheering for him.

Saying Breaston has a chance to step up is like saying Obama has a chance at being successful as a black politician.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Saying Breaston has a chance to step up is like saying Obama has a chance at being successful as a black politician.

No kidding. Breaston has already stepped up. It's Doucet that will have to make up for the loss of Boldin by replacing Breaston's production at #3.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny... I actually think we completely fleeced Baltimore, got rid of a potential head-ache and have multiple picks to do whatever want in the first four rounds to set up the future.

Good job Graves and Co.

+1:thumbup:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
oh christ... did 40 just agree with me about something with the Cardinals?!

Bookmark this post folks... you ain't likely to see it again. ;)

You agree with the FO. That's all you have to do to get 4o to agree with you. If the Cards released every player on the roster on Sept. 1st and took the field with a team of replacement players against the 49ers regulars he'd think it was the right move for the Cardinals. :D

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, end of an era. Thanks for the memories, Q.

seesred

Reaction score
I will miss the excitment he brought on the field. He is special and we will never replace him. Just like Larry Centers in 98 we are losing a Cardinal great!

GBR

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Oh come on K9 you know that McCoy is the closest thing to Kurt Warner to come out of college in the last 5 years.

Plays almost exclusively out of the shotgun.
Throws high % short passes to receivers who get lots of yac but can still make the deep throw on the rare occasion one of his Wrs actually gets open downfield.
Took his team to the Championship game with no running game and the most inconsistent defense in college football.

What could be more Warner than that?

:D

I'm on the bandwagon

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just doesnt look right :(

You must be registered for see images attach

Buckybird

Reaction score
Very strange indeed. Shane, do I need to send you some hankies via the mail to dry your tears? Very sad day in Cardinal land for all fans

This just doesnt look right :(

You must be registered for see images attach

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't look to happy :p Screw him he could have stayed but he wanted to get paid! Never thought he would be one of the whiny WR's but he proved me wrong!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very strange indeed. Shane, do I need to send you some hankies via the mail to dry your tears? Very sad day in Cardinal land for all fans

Im not crying. Just hope we make good use of those picks!

Buckybird

Reaction score
Im not crying. Just hope we make good use of those picks!

you know I'm kidding cause I know he's your boy. It could be a major coup though if we somehow come up with players that can eventually contribute like a AW, Breaston or THT. Wasn't Montana a 3rd rounder? Cross your fingers...and toes.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
you know I'm kidding cause I know he's your boy. It could be a major coup though if we somehow come up with players that can eventually contribute like a AW, Breaston or THT. Wasn't Montana a 3rd rounder? Cross your fingers...and toes.

I'm with you Bucky got 'em all crossed. The last time the Cards did something similar they replaced Thomas Jones with Emmit Smith. Replaced David Boston and Frank Sanders with Kevin Kasper and Bryan Gilmore. Jake Plummer with Josh McCown. None of the guys replaced were fantastic but the new guys were even worse.

Hopefully the guys we have running the show will do a much better job in finding replacements.

In Whiz we trust.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
You are talking to a Niner fan who has higher standards with the WR's they have had the past few years.

Frankly, we don't need a good WR to beat your team. 40 year old Bruce was all we needed.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Frankly, we don't need a good WR to beat your team. 40 year old Bruce was all we needed.

Is he the guy that the 49ers hired to keep track of how much time is left in the game?

:p

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And beating us twice got you to 8-8. No playoffs once again. Talk to us when you win the division. Right now you are spewing your crap on the NFC West Champions board.