Boldin not expected to play

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I think that Q will contribute from the sidelines in this one.

His experience will play a factor in what he see's from there, and the adjustments that the recievers can make.

Early D. has to have a good game again.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAAAAAAAAAAAAARDINALS!!

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our weakest run stopping games seem to come when Hayes is gone. He may not always be great in coverage, but he is good in gap control.

I agree we will miss him a lot.

Q is Q. The only reason his absense isn't as painful is because of WR depth, but we'll miss him, too. It sucks, he was having his very best games right before the playoffs.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Extra motivation for the team to win so Q can get back on the field this year. :thumbup:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Our weakest run stopping games seem to come when Hayes is gone. He may not always be great in coverage, but he is good in gap control.

I agree we will miss him a lot.

Q is Q. The only reason his absense isn't as painful is because of WR depth, but we'll miss him, too. It sucks, he was having his very best games right before the playoffs.

Thankfully the Saints aren't built as a power running team. I think that will minimize the loss of Hayes this week. Now, next week against Minn. or Dallas is another animal all together....

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

His experience will play a factor in what he see's from there, and the adjustments that the recievers can make.

Homecoming game for the boy from New Iberia Louisiana. I wonder how many tickets he had to come up with for today's game.

Perfect time for Early to have a big game.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If he doesn't play and they lose that will be the final nail in his Cardinal coffin.

Just sayin

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thankfully the Saints aren't built as a power running team. I think that will minimize the loss of Hayes this week. Now, next week against Minn. or Dallas is another animal all together....

This is a great point +1

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't play and they lose that will be the final nail in his Cardinal coffin.

Just sayin

Actually I think the more they win the nail gets driven in further. Losing not as much.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

+1

He is THE sensei.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Do you think they would "overstate" his injury making it appear he is far worse than he really is? Then, low and behold, Q is able to play? Whiz is a tactician and a master at it I might add......

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think they would "overstate" his injury making it appear he is far worse than he really is? Then, low and behold, Q is able to play? Whiz is a tactician and a master at it I might add......

No.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

NO!!! To think a guy with an sprained MCL & high ankle sprain can be effective & not hinder an offense in a playoff game 2 weeks later is expecting a bit much.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
So probably the opposite, maybe he can play and game time decision when he isn't even close????? Just wondered 'cause I was really hoping he could play....and be a help and not a hindrance....

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

I got to disagree. For some reason just because they score a lot of points and pass the ball effectively they get the label of "finesse" just like we do. When in reality both teams can and do play smash mouth styles. The saints have a wrecking ball type smasher over 225 pound running back they give the ball to a lot, the interior of their OL doesn't have a guy under 318 pounds, their power ranking is 7th in the NFL ( http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol ). Mike Bell, their FB, and the interior OL are very much so built as a power run team.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I agree. Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas have had a lot of success this year. You just tend not to see as much of their red zone presence when someone like Meacham is scoring on a 60 yard touchdown.

The Saints are very much like us, have similar problems and similar potential. Any given element can have a big impact in any given game.

Beanie...Beanie...Beanie...Beanie....

OP
OP
BigDavis75

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Actually I think the more they win the nail gets driven in further. Losing not as much.

Either way its bad, he is just proving to be injury prone and for the second year in a row can't play in the divisional round. If we win it shows we can consistently beat good teams without him and that shows we don't need Boldin. We lose and it shows he can't be relied on and hasn't been there when we have needed him and that's also a bad stigma to attach to a player.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

This type of thing is closely overseen by the league because of the gambling implications.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Either way its bad, he is just proving to be injury prone and for the second year in a row can't play in the divisional round. If we win it shows we can consistently beat good teams without him and that shows we don't need Boldin. We lose and it shows he can't be relied on and hasn't been there when we have needed him and that's also a bad stigma to attach to a player.

I'm sure you mean it will show that we don't need to overpay to keep Q. I would think the Cards would really like to keep him with the right contract.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm sure you mean it will show that we don't need to overpay to keep Q. I would think the Cards would really like to keep him with the right contract.

and I really don't see Q giving them "the home team discount", so that leaves on 1 scenario eventually happening

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard