Bilal Nichols welcome to the SONORAN Desert

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, a JAG signing that doesn't move the needle but that you do need on a team. If this is the height of addressing the position, we're idiots. If it's a depth signing, fine.
You don't give 20 million dollar contracts to backups. He will be a starter, and I think that's fine. There are only a handful of DT's with any real pass rush ability.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You don't give 20 million dollar contracts to backups. He will be a starter, and I think that's fine. There are only a handful of DT's with any real pass rush ability.
Okay, if he can help anchor the line on one side, fine. Damn sure better get a stud all around DT that can pass rush at the other position, then, because we're forked otherwise. Can't build a defense with JAGs.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For perspective and not an indictment of the signing....

He had 1.5 sacks on a line where teams were double and triple teaming Maxx Crosby. No one will be doing that to any of our guys. So hopefully he can step it up and can play as well with more attention on him.

Still probably better than anyone we had, and 7 per isn't bad.

Hope he can plug the middle.

At least it wasn't one of those five year deals Keim reached for.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yep, a JAG signing that doesn't move the needle but that you do need on a team. If this is the height of addressing the position, we're idiots. If it's a depth signing, fine.
Hoping he is a placeholder for murphy

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For perspective and not an indictment of the signing....

He had 1.5 sacks on a line where teams were double and triple teaming Maxx Crosby. No one will be doing that to any of our guys. So hopefully he can step it up and can play as well with more attention on him.

Still probably better than anyone we had, and 7 per isn't bad.

Hope he can plug the middle.

At least it wasn't one of those five year deals Keim reached for.
He's probably not on the field in a ton of pass rush situations. It looks like they were rotating their DTs pretty frequently.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I think it’s funny that we paid 40% over their projection and we get a B+ as their value grade. It’s like they’re literally saying “our projected contract guesses are crap, don’t pay attention to them.”
That’s just the Cardinal premium we have to give to trick them to sign here :)

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the type of signing that makes Stafford handing the ball off to Kyren every down not result in a 37 point game. A run stuffing nose tackle was necessary for us to actually be a serious team. I'm very excited about this signing.
So that means McCaffrey and Juszyck wont have career games against us?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rather on point, actually. Narratives and "absolute" opinions shift like sand around here.
Not sure what you don't understand about tanking. If Monti had made the moves you keep going on about we wouldn't have a shot at MHJ.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not sure what you don't understand about tanking. If Monti had made the moves you keep going on about we wouldn't have a shot at MHJ.
lol Yeah, I'm wrong because I "don't understand." I "don't understand" what you "don't understand" about the posters (we know who they are) who said these players didn't exist last year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the kind of guy you kept saying didn't exist and we couldn't sign last offseason, right?

lol no. Not at all.

You said GOOD, CHEAP young players. These are all guys who are solid but mid guys that are important to the roster but likely are what they are now. Not sure if guys pushing 28 count as young in NFL terms either. All these guys are on 3rd deals.

The guy with the most upside is SMB if he can find the form of a few years ago.

If this is what you meant by good and young then you didn't explain it very well, and I've already explained why these deals weren't done last year, which seems evident now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He or Newton should be there...there should be runs on wr and OT in the first round...plus the obligatory edge picks in the teens...it'll be close
I think Newton is more likely with the Cardinals 2nd round pick than late 1st.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Love to see Newton with pick #27 and then go OT with the 35th pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard