Sean Murphy Bunting Welcome to the desert

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So...5m vs 8m yearly...

Hmmm...not sure it really matters....

Dudes out there throwing 20+mil yearly at guards today...and Monti made sure we got a piece we needed.
I mean…he made 3.5 mil last year and had a terrible season. Giving him a 5-6 mil dollar raise for that is meh. Two teams have gotten rid of him over the past two years. That said, he is now the best CB on the roster.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Eh, Houston has their own team now. They didn’t opt to take on the old oilers team name when they got an expansion squad like Cleveland did with the browns.
Different circumstances. The deal with Cleveland and Baltimore stated that the "Browns" name and all history would stay in Cleveland - essentially making the Ravens a new team.

Houston had no such deal in place when the Oilers moved. Tennessee still owns all rights to the "Oilers" name.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different circumstances. The deal with Cleveland and Baltimore stated that the "Browns" name and all history would stay in Cleveland - essentially making the Ravens a new team.

Houston had no such deal in place when the Oilers moved. Tennessee still owns all rights to the "Oilers" name.
The Real Browns are in Baltimore and no "deal" changes that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean…he made 3.5 mil last year and had a terrible season. Giving him a 5-6 mil dollar raise for that is meh. Two teams have gotten rid of him over the past two years. That said, he is now the best CB on the roster.
By terrible, he gave up a 91.8 QB Rating. That's hardly "terrible".

The year prior he gave up a 59.6 QB Rating.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Excellent signing. Exactly the kind of player and signing I was told ad nauseum didn't exist last offseason and that we never had a chance of signing. 3 year deal, didn't break the bank, and a good younger player to help build the roster out. But nah, they don't exist.

This board, man, I tell ya.

Maybe if you'd bother to name one the multi times you were asked people might have been more clear about your definition of good and young?

We obviously have different definitions of good.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
By terrible, he gave up a 91.8 QB Rating. That's hardly "terrible".

The year prior he gave up a 59.6 QB Rating.
The prior year was the outlier (his best year statistically) and resulted in that team not retaining him. Something to consider. And I respect Bowles as a defensive coach.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Maybe if you'd bother to name one the multi times you were asked people might have been more clear about your definition of good and young?

We obviously have different definitions of good.
I get it. You can't ever admit you are sometimes wrong. Like we all are. It's okay. Pride is a thing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it. You can't ever admit you are sometimes wrong. Like we all are. It's okay. Pride is a thing.

We obviously have different definitions of what good and young means. To me Alex Highsmith is good and young. Tee Higgins is good and young. The bottom end of good and young was Zach Allen last year, and all these guys are below that level.

The guys we signed are mid guys on 3rd teams with potential upside, but who are likely just mid guys. Rosters need a bunch of mid guys. Maybe this is what you meant, but it wasn't clear if it was.

As I said, if you had named one then it might have been clearer.