Bickley is going off on us right now on 910

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guess the Paula crack was the straw that broke the camel's back.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I guess the truth hurts...Bickley, I know its hard to wake up in the morning and see a poor excuse for a columnist.

But don't bash us for telling it how it is, if you are going to criticize you better be prepared to take some yourself. Otherwise, you may want to consider a different career you baby...

OP
OP
Big Deal

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He said "Over the past few days I have been attacked on message boards and through a flood of e-mails about how I am too hard on the Cardinals" Then he went off about the Kurt Warner signing and claimed that he had many fans claiming that the Cardinals were going to the superbowl (yeah I'd like to see those e-mail/threads). He has been taking calls for the last ten minutes with the majority of people going off on him about how he needs to get a grip and give the team a chance. Then he went off about how they never try to get better because the fans will always drink the koolaid. He also said that New England Patriot fans can give their team the benefit of the doubt but Cardinal's fans can not. God I wish I wasn't at work, I would love to lob in a phone call and ask why people keep saying he is married to Paula. LOL!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What really makes Bickley truely vomitous is his so-called objectivity on the local teams...from the Cardinals to the Suns. Read what he writes about his native Chicago teams some time. This is why he always says "The Cardinal fans or The Suns fans" because he doesn't root for any of the local teams.

OP
OP
Big Deal

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL, one of the callers just said the reason why they are bordering on being "hacks" is because they don't give credit to the organization, this has to be someone from this board! Bickley said that if the Edge rumors are true then he will "paint the bird on his car" <--------- SAVE THIS STATEMENT!

Diggity

Registered
Reaction score
I just think Bickley is feeling sorry for himself for being a poor columnist.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Todd McFarlane, the Spawn/action figure guy, went on for a few minutes today on how he liked Kurt Warner and disliked McCown. Jickley and Burecki hated it. I loved it. McFarlane was awesome.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did he mention ASFN specifically?

And can somebody post the phone number for the station with area code?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So OK, the "news" I get out of this is that a lot of Cardinal fans (not necessarily only us) are bombarding Bickley with complaints.

Since the reputation of Cardinal fans in the desert is that they don't support their team in great enough numbers, I view this as very good news.

So I say "Pour it on!" And keep those cards and letters comin'.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Never heard the show but I already dislike the guy. lol if he is a "professional" then why does he care what people say about him and why is he jumping on his high horse and calling them out on air? he sounds like a huge douche who needs to shut his trap and leave his battles out of his show. maybe if he was better he'd have a show in chicago and you poor guys wouldnt have to put up with his crap.

Faithful

Registered
Reaction score
Since I can't call in, can someone call him and ask him what record it would take for the Cards in 2005 for him to paint THE bird on his car?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The poorest sort of Editorial writing is the type where the commentator hides his opinion under the cloak of "Journalism" and "Objectivity".

Perhaps Bickley missed that section in his mail order diploma.

TheSnake4Life

Reaction score
isnt it kinda true though....as long as Bidwill as a theory that we support him no matter what, why would he want to change?

although.....this offseason does yield some promise....

but still...he may be saying some truth

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Todd McFareland is a Cardinals fan?!
That just makes him 5 times cooler.

So he's amazingly cool.
Tell him to hurry up and make an Adrian Wilson/Bertrand Berry figure for the sports line!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheSnake4Life said:
isnt it kinda true though....as long as Bidwill as a theory that we support him no matter what, why would he want to change?

although.....this offseason does yield some promise....

but still...he may be saying some truth

So we aren't supposed to support the team until they win, but we are supposed to give them the benefit of the doubt and support the team win or lose?

That makes NO sense!!!!

Cardforlife

Veteran
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Todd McFarlane, the Spawn/action figure guy, went on for a few minutes today on how he liked Kurt Warner and disliked McCown. Jickley and Burecki hated it. I loved it. McFarlane was awesome.
Is he palnning on making a Warner Mcfarlane ? I love my Emmitt in the cards OLD uni!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
Todd McFareland is a Cardinals fan?!
That just makes him 5 times cooler.

So he's amazingly cool.
He was cool when he was on Spider-Man. He was cool for the first 12 issues of Spawn. He stopped being cool when he started believing his poop didn't stink.

JMHO.
:soapbox:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
So we aren't supposed to support the team until they win, but we are supposed to give them the benefit of the doubt and support the team win or lose?

That makes NO sense!!!!

Yea I'm with you, it's a head scratcher that one...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard