ASU @ #21 USC

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is ASU ranked? I saw USC is ranked 17th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they are Others Receiving Votes.

Such an early start. I am Hoping the ASU coaches have been preparing them for the start time. As usual, it comes down to the OL.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, they are Others Receiving Votes.

Such an early start. I am Hoping the ASU coaches have been preparing them for the start time. As usual, it comes down to the OL.

Herm Edwards claims the 9:00 AM kickoff favors ASU because the Sun Devils are a morning practice team. It will be a normal routine and the players internal clocks will be ready for football.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU depth Chart, quite the battle for the RB spot with the jr. college transfer winning out. I am looking forward to seeking the freshmen play as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm checking the television listings for the Arizona State at USC game on Saturday.

It's showing a 10 a.m. start and television coverage on Fox in Arizona.

I'm not sure if there is a time difference elsewhere.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm checking the television listings for the Arizona State at USC game on Saturday.

It's showing a 10 a.m. start and television coverage on Fox in Arizona.

I'm not sure if there is a time difference elsewhere.

9AM on Fox here in Oregon. I am ordering an antenna for my TV so I can watch it hopefully! We just have SlingTV/Amazon Fire and when I tried to use an app on there to watch the last Cardinals game, it was a disaster!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt I will get any extra any sleep on Saturday. I'm already getting excited to see the game.

Go Sun Devils!

:sparky:

Not sure what to expect with this new Boise State offense, hopefully it is entertaining and high scoring. I see we are starting our 6' 7" receiver. Lots of fun!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First game sloppiness and the OL will tell the story Saturday. There is no denying how deep the skill positions are right now.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First game sloppiness and the OL will tell the story Saturday. There is no denying how deep the skill positions are right now.

OL will be interesting. We got some big hogs who transferred in from other schools, and Henderson who started last year at a different position. But brand new offense, and this line hasn't played together as a group, so I am sure there will be mistakes and it will take a few games for them to gel.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OL will be interesting. We got some big hogs who transferred in from other schools, and Henderson who started last year at a different position. But brand new offense, and this line hasn't played together as a group, so I am sure there will be mistakes and it will take a few games for them to gel.

I am not sure the Boise offense is all that different from ours? I haven't read any comparisons so maybe they are more different than I am aware.

They don't have a few games to gel. Gotta be ready game 1 and I would love to knock USC off again.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I am not sure the Boise offense is all that different from ours? I haven't read any comparisons so maybe they are more different than I am aware.

They don't have a few games to gel. Gotta be ready game 1 and I would love to knock USC off again.
Hill runs a more pro oriented offense, so more motion and more snaps under center. Pumped to see ASU play!

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good article in Azcentral this morning:

What we know from Hill's Boise State years and media viewing in seven pre-COVID spring practices is that the Sun Devils will use motion and shifts extensively, and that there is a much larger role available for tight ends, now being coached by former ASU All-America wide receiver Derek Hagan.

Dave Southorn, who covered Boise State during Hill's tenure for the Idaho Statesman, said what he would expect to see from ASU is an "array of formations and personnel and people that can get the ball. The thing that always stood out to me was the ability to throw out so many options, whether it was at receiver, running back, tight end and even quarterback.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...r-zak-hill-creativity-boise-state/6160264002/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About ready for kickoff. The weather forecast is intermittent rain today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson