S. Utah @ ASU Thursday Night 8/31

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
He was solid in the first half, but after the 2.5 hour rain delay looks like everything was out of synch and Utah threw some new looks at him. I am actually encouraged though from what I saw in the first half.
It definitely appeared ASU got thrown off by the lengthy delay. Or at least we need to hope that was the explanation. They seemed to have things well in hand before that and it turned into a completely different game afterwards. Ok State will give a better determination of things.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting take by Wolf...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not the preferred outcome obviously. The 2.5 hour delay absolutely derailed this thing but they got the win.

I didn’t bother watching the second half since I am in the Midwest for a Pearl Jam concert last night but it sounds like the first half held some promise.

On to Okie State

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not the preferred outcome obviously. The 2.5 hour delay absolutely derailed this thing but they got the win.

I didn’t bother watching the second half since I am in the Midwest for a Pearl Jam concert last night but it sounds like the first half held some promise.

Exactly what Wolfley said!

:biglaugh:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Ron Wolfley should just go away. He is the worst
Horrible. I hate listening to him when I get lunch every day. I wish he was still on in morning so that I'd never hear him. He's a complete joke. The other day he tried claiming that he was the most impartial person and tells it like it is about the Cards. Funniest thing he's ever said.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron Wolfley should just go away. He is the worst

Can we bundle both Ron Wolfley and Dan Bickley?

At least Wolfley has played professional football at the NFL level. I will give him that.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can tell you listen to Wolf more than I do. :)
No but he used that colorful phrase in the post game video I posted here.
Basically saying that those that have not played the game should not be too critical of the players last night having to come back in after a two and a half hour rain delay

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No but he used that colorful phrase in the post game video I posted here.
Basically saying that those that have not played the game should not be too critical of the players last night having to come back in after a two and a half hour rain delay

Sorry I missed it. I didn't watch the whole video. Wolf is colorful, but I don't follow him.

Both teams had to play after the rain delay.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very true.

I feel like this type of delay would be less of a problem for Southern Utah than ASU and I’m not saying that because I am trying to make excuses for Dillingham and the Devils. It gave SUU a level playing field again with no momentum either way and clearly they took advantage of that.

Again, I say this not having seen a single snap but just a vibe I get

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it. I didn't watch the whole video. Wolf is colorful, but I don't follow him.

Very true, but obviously ASU lost their momentum. And Mo can be everything. That being said, I was disappointed in ASU the entire game except for a couple of big plays. Lots of work to be done.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was solid in the first half, but after the 2.5 hour rain delay looks like everything was out of synch and Utah threw some new looks at him. I am actually encouraged though from what I saw in the first half.

Yeah he's a freshman so hot and cold but I was impressed with what I saw. He can throw the ball, throws a nice catchable ball, that touch pass at the end of the first half was perfect.

But he's a freshman he stares down his receivers, he locks on the primary etc.

The classic was the terrible throw on 3rd down to Skattebo and then on 4th and 8 he throws an absolute dime for a bomb td.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very true.

I feel like this type of delay would be less of a problem for Southern Utah than ASU and I’m not saying that because I am trying to make excuses for Dillingham and the Devils. It gave SUU a level playing field again with no momentum either way and clearly they took advantage of that.

Again, I say this not having seen a single snap but just a vibe I get

Very true, but obviously ASU lost their momentum. And Mo can be everything. That being said, I was disappointed in ASU the entire game except for a couple of big plays. Lots of work to be done.

The announcers mentioned a lot of ASU fans left after the rain delay, while many of the Southern Utah fans stayed. It essentially gave the stadium the feel of a neutral site or a home field advantage for Southern Utah.

They were loud, not that it should have made that big of a difference in the 2nd half.

ASU needs to work on converting 3rd downs and intermediate pass plays.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Hard to justify this performance but this is a great teaching opportunity for KD. You only learn through struggle. Maybe this is the performance KD needed to drive some stuff home.

Did we ever get an explanation for Conyers not dressing in the 2nd half?

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to justify this performance but this is a great teaching opportunity for KD. You only learn through struggle. Maybe this is the performance KD needed to drive some stuff home.

Did we ever get an explanation for Conyers not dressing in the 2nd half?
He pointed to his shoulder and asked to come out after his big gain. Never came back and haven't seen any reports on it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard