Fresno State at ASU

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It appears Dillingham may be a miracle worker not so much. Not that in any way is this mess entirely on him, but there haven't been too many signs so far that the coaching is very competent. Maybe he grows into it or maybe he doesn't.

But in any case, if/when ASU has to move on from KD, Ray Anderson's rotten carcass better be gone, too. If he is still the AD through one more football coaching change, the boosters need to organize a blanket party for both him and Crow.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears Dillingham may be a miracle worker not so much. Not that in any way is this mess entirely on him, but there haven't been too many signs so far that the coaching is very competent. Maybe he grows into it or maybe he doesn't.

But in any case, if/when ASU has to move on from KD, Ray Anderson's rotten carcass better be gone, too. If he is still the AD through one more football coaching change, the boosters need to organize a blanket party for both him and Crow.
Crow will not get ousted. But hopefully he can open his eyes.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As Chris Karpman said, if your offense gives up 8 turnovers, and you hold the other side to only two TD's, that is a great performance. They got great pressure on the other QB, a bunch of sacks, and shut down their run game. I would like to see them get some turnovers, but overall they did a good job. Next week, they will have a huge challenge.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The defense has been pretty tough tonight. Somehow, just need the offense to get it together. Not sure if it will happen.
Michelle Gardner cited "3 good things" that the defense did.

1. Sacks (defensive pass rush seems much better than last season)
2. Few penalties
3. Held its own (on the field for 83 plays, with a 15 minute time-of-possession deficit, and all those turnovers by the offense resulting in a short field)

Horrendous night, but I can at least agree with those. This game could have been 57-0 without the defensive effort.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

2. Few penalties
3. Held its own (on the field for 83 plays, with a 15 minute time-of-possession deficit, and all those turnovers by the offense resulting in a short field)

Horrendous night, but I can at least agree with those. This game could have been 57-0 without the defensive effort.

Only 2 penalties by the team last night. That is a real positive.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The stadium looks a little different than Folsom Field in Boulder did last night, for sure. I'm sure the visiting recruits had departed by then, too.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, anyone still pissed about the self imposed bowl ban? This team may not win another game. If this lightens any further punishment then all is well.

Horrible performance last night. The defense did as well as they could have under the circumstances.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2. Few penalties

Ok, I will buy that.

But the first drive Fresno had they were like a hot knife through butter. It seemed like every play was 10 yards or more. That set the tone for the evening.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of last season, looking forward to this one, we looked like a 1-2, even 0, wins this season. I allowed AZ and KD to give me just the slightest hope we might win 3 or 4.

But, this season is a dumpster fire already. I don't see another win. And, if the offense keeps sucking how will KD match even what he did this past off-season in recruiting?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that it is barely halfway through September and the Devils and the Cards are horrible, with no realistic hope of being competitive, really sucks.

It's never been this bad.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I heard Rashada’s injury was more season-ending, but that could just be because they’ll RS him to preserve his eligibility

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope Trenton Bourguet's MRI comes out well. That was a terrible interception but I know he can play better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly, Rashada's injury has been lingering since high school.

By Wills Rice, Arizona Sports:

Starting quarterback Jaden Rashada missed Saturday’s contest with “something that has been lingering since high school that he re-aggravated” vs. Oklahoma State in Week 2. He will mis four-six weeks with the injury, head coach Kenny Dillingham said postgame.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that it is barely halfway through September and the Devils and the Cards are horrible, with no realistic hope of being competitive, really sucks.

It's never been this bad.

It's hard for me to fathom how a once proud ASU baseball program has been allowed to slide into such a state of disrepair. They do not even have their own stadium.

The ASU basketball program needs a new arena as well.

I do not expect improvement with Michael Crow and Ray Anderson in leadership roles.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard for me to fathom how a once proud ASU baseball program has been allowed to slide into such a state of disrepair. They do not even have their own stadium.

The ASU basketball program needs a new arena as well.

I do not expect improvement with Michael Crow and Ray Anderson in leadership roles.
They still think players will come here for the weather. It is sad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard