Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Any of these analyses based on PFFs grades should be considered suspect, IMO.
Of course. I think I’ve been the biggest opponent of their individual grades due. But “covered” isn’t as much subjective. You can see if an individual is covered or open. You needn’t know the defensive scheme or the offense’s routes to see if everyone is covered. This is something that the eye test can better determine than the player grades. So this, at least, bears a bit more merit imo.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
So the Cards offense is entirely predictable, which is often reflected as the season goes on, and patterns are established.
i think its a factor, but at the margin

d coordinators dont forget everything they learned the year prior

Kliff doesnt completely reinvent his offense every offseason. Alternatively, I doubt Kliff creates 10 games worth of wrinkles, but not 17.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
i think its a factor, but at the margin

d coordinators dont forget everything they learned the year prior

Kliff doesnt completely reinvent his offense every offseason. Alternatively, I doubt Kliff creates 10 games worth of wrinkles, but not 17.
No coach completely reinvents an offense every year. It always comes down to scheme and matchups. Either way, if you're trotting colts and hags, to run against thoroughbreds, you're gonna get beat more often than not.

Zalixar

Veteran
Reaction score
Every year? Injuries happen in the NFL.
Yeah, and 31 teams fail to win. The best of the injury "free" teams typically ride to the SB.

We had a corpse of a team during Rams game, including being awful.

Had no chance in hell.

Hopkins out. Baker out. O/D line wrecked. Like how much cap % were done for? I'd wager higher than all playoff teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, and 31 teams fail to win. The best of the injury "free" teams typically ride to the SB.

We had a corpse of a team during Rams game, including being awful.

Had no chance in hell.

Hopkins out. Baker out. O/D line wrecked. Like how much cap % were done for? I'd wager higher than all playoff teams.
Hmm, baker didn’t miss any games. Weird post.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again, the basis is PFF grades, which are nonsense
I don’t pretend to know how PFF defines “covered” but I would think that is more easily discernible than would be player grades. Again, you needn’t understand scheme to watch a given play and see that all routes are covered up by defenders. If PFF is using any other metric to determine that data I’d be less inclined to give it any validity.