Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah they're heavily relying on alot of young guys to step up and do what they were drafted to do.
Immediately, in their rookie seasons, at a top level. Because relying on draft picks beyond the 1st round to become immediate top-end contributors is a bang up strategy and a road to winning :sarcasm:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah they're heavily relying on alot of young guys to step up and do what they were drafted to do.

This is true, but this franchise has a pretty poor record of trusting rookies and messing them about.

The best way for rookies to get better is to play. Take Collins last season. He was taking #16. Jamin Davis was taking #19 by Washington. Davis was bad with a 46.8 PFF grade but he played 581 snaps or 56% compared with Collins 220 (20%) even though Collins had a 69.3 PFF grade. Nick Bolton had a 69.2 grade and played 624 snaps for the Chiefs.

We did similar with Simmons his rookie season. Sitting him and giving him few snaps when Kenneth Murray and Patrick Queen were stinking it up but their teams took the punches. This franchise, no matter who is coach, seems to suck at handling rookies. Especially 1st round rookies.

The funny thing is though, if we bring in older guys the fan base complains we're too old and don;t give younger players a shot. When we give younger players a shot the fan base says we are relying too much on youth.

The only sweet spot this fan base seems to be happy with are 26-27 year old pro bowl caliber players. Anything else they can complain about.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The funny thing is though, if we bring in older guys the fan base complains we're too old and don;t give younger players a shot. When we give younger players a shot the fan base says we are relying too much on youth.

The only sweet spot this fan base seems to be happy with are 26-27 year old pro bowl caliber players. Anything else they can complain about.
Lol, people want good players! Look at this collection of "talent" in the front 7:

– DE J.J. Watt — 87
– ILB Isaiah Simmons — 78
– OLB Markus Golden — 78
– OLB Devon Kennard — 74
– OLB Dennis Gardeck — 73
– ILB Zaven Collins — 73
– DE Zach Allen — 72
– DE Kingsley Keke — 70
– ILB Nick Vigil — 70
– ILB Ben Niemann — 67
– OLB Cameron Thomas — 66
– ILB Joe Walker — 66
– DE Michael Dogbe — 66
– OLB Myjai Sanders — 66
– ILB Tanner Vallejo — 66
– OLB Jesse Luketa — 63
– DE Jonathan Ledbetter — 62
– OLB Victor Dimukeje — 61
– ILB Ezekiel Turner — 56

Is there any doubt this is a bottom 5 front 7's in all of football in terms of talent? One good to great player, and a bunch of question marks. Painting anyone unsatisfied with this crap as complainers is incredible.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lol, people want good players! Look at this collection of "talent" in the front 7:

– DE J.J. Watt — 87
– OLB Markus Golden — 78
– OLB Devon Kennard — 74
– ILB Zaven Collins — 73
– DE Zach Allen — 72
– DE Kingsley Keke — 70
– ILB Nick Vigil — 70
– ILB Ben Niemann — 67
– ILB Joe Walker — 66
– DE Michael Dogbe — 66
– OLB Myjai Sanders — 66
– OLB Jesse Luketa — 63

Is there any doubt this is a bottom 5 front 7's in all of football in terms of talent? One good to great player, and a bunch of question marks. Painting anyone unsatisfied with this crap as complainers is incredible.
what are those??

Madden grades?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
what are those??

Madden grades?
Yep. Care to offer an opinion on any of them? I think they're pretty generous towards Simmons and Collins, but pretty spot on with everyone else.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yep. Care to offer an opinion on any of them? I think they're pretty generous towards Simmons and Collins, but pretty spot on with everyone else.
hmmm...

in Madden grades...770 is "average starter"..

so it looks like we have 9 guys who qualify as average...in the front"7"

I still think we need a NT who is about an 80 though myself

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
hmmm...

in Madden grades...770 is "average starter"..

so it looks like we have 9 guys who qualify as average...in the front"7"

I still think we need a NT who is about an 80 though myself
Agree with you on the NT. On a whole, the group seems bottom 10, at best.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
i feel like there is a Jared Goff vs the Cardinals and then the version that shows up for everyone else

kinda like the version of the Carolina Panthers that plays the Cardinals, and the one that shows up vs everyone else

You can throw Cam Newton in there as well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Madden is fun. I play coach mode as Kliff, it’s the closest I am going to get to having washboard abs

Oh I have no problem with the game. It's every year at this time "X player only got a 79 grade" or "X QB is the 26th best QB". Who cares? It's numbers made up by gaming nerds. It's nearly as pointless as the NFL Top 100.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

– DE J.J. Watt — 87
– OLB Markus Golden — 78
– OLB Devon Kennard — 74
– ILB Zaven Collins — 73
– DE Zach Allen — 72
– DE Kingsley Keke — 70
– ILB Nick Vigil — 70
– ILB Ben Niemann — 67
– ILB Joe Walker — 66
– DE Michael Dogbe — 66
– OLB Myjai Sanders — 66
– OLB Jesse Luketa — 63

Grades on players who've never taken a snap in the NFL?

Too funny!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Grades on players who've never taken a snap in the NFL?

Too funny!
Glad you find humor now - when our front 7 is the reason our defense is bad, I bet you'll find it considerably less humorous. (But I'm confident the excuses will be bountiful)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Glad you find humor now - when our front 7 is the reason our defense is bad, I bet you'll find it considerably less humorous. (But I'm confident the excuses will be bountiful)

A good non-reply to the silliness of grades, particularly for players who haven't participated in a nanosecond of NFL play.

I leave clairvoyance to you, and at end of the season, I'll look at things dispassionately, an approach foreign to you, I'm sure.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Forget the abs....it's probably the closest a y if us will get to dating hot IG models.

I was blessed with awesome looks and a hot bod when I was younger, managed to snag someone model-esque and married her. Then I initiated operation “Fatter Each Year”. I’m not gonna lie it’s been an pretty easy. Hardest thing is to stay above the rich to fat balance to keep my lovely wife.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
A good non-reply to the silliness of grades, particularly for players who haven't participated in a nanosecond of NFL play.
I'm glad you're so focused on players who haven't played. Would you just not include them? Any thoughts about the actual player rankings?
I leave clairvoyance to you, and at end of the season, I'll look at things dispassionately
Moral superiority in explaining failures, that's rich.
, an approach foreign to you, I'm sure.
Lol, saying anything negative is clearly indicative of a highly emotional response. Keep on keeping on!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad you're so focused on players who haven't played. Would you just not include them? Any thoughts about the actual player rankings?

Moral superiority in explaining failures, that's rich.

Lol, saying anything negative is clearly indicative of a highly emotional response. Keep on keeping on!

You seem in serious need of some sort of relaxation exercise; or a pill, a toke, a stiff drink - any combination of...

RELAX! :lol:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You seem in serious need of some sort of relaxation exercise; or a pill, a toke, a stiff drink - any combination of...

RELAX! :lol:
Your passive aggressive suggestions are sincerely appreciated!

Can't wait for you to actually address football related matters, or you can keep focusing on your self appointed role of arbiter of discussion around here. Either way, you do you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard