Arizona Basketball 2015-2016

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Nice to see. The Pac-12 and ASU's hypocrisy on the GCU matter is laughable. And make no mistake this (and our willingness to schedule NAU) is a subtle dig at ASU.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Defensive rotations were crap, but UCLA got very lucky to not completely choke that game away.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
For every game Bryce wins he shoots UCLA out of four. Whatever, hopefully see them again in Vegas and hopefully Miller will realize not to switch on that

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some game. Couldn't get the stop. Why would Zeus lay off him?

He didn't back off him he just couldn't change directions quick enough on that stepback move.

That is Bryce in a nutshell, cost us both games in Washington(in part) with bad shooting and then goes off against UA hitting huge 3's at the end of both halves.

Missed the whole game we landed in SFO from the Philippines at 6 and didn't get out of the airport until 8:15 but I've seen the highlights of the last shot that' a move Bryce does alot, often contested and he hits a fair % of it. The smart move there is don't let him get the ball.

Sort of what I expected with all the buildup the only difference is I expected UCLA to be 3-0 not 1-2 after the win.

wide open conference this sesaon

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defensive rotations were crap, but UCLA got very lucky to not completely choke that game away.

From looking at play by play UA hit 6 3's in the game and 3 of them down the stretch when they got back in the game./ If anything I'd say UA just shot better down the stretch than they did earlier.

Looks like Ali and Bolden finally gave us something off the bench. If and until UCLA gets Goloman back they're a 7 man rotation and we're going to see tired legs impact them.

I expected to win with the buildup, the score is closer than I expected but then the game really wasn't that close until the last 5 minutes so about what I expected. When they play at McKale I expect UA to win double digits, its' a wide open conference the winner will be the team that plays the best on the road.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For every game Bryce wins he shoots UCLA out of four. Whatever, hopefully see them again in Vegas and hopefully Miller will realize not to switch on that

Pretty accurate although his big flaw is defense/ he is what he is sub 40 shooter who makes 3's and tends to hit big shots.

Good not great offensive player who can't guard anybody.

The end sequence is Bryce in a nutshell, missed a contested shot that we like to call "hero ball" on UCLA boards. Then plays no defense at all Allen blows by him and Welsh foolishly tries to draw the charge fouls out, 3 point play tie game. And then Bryce comes down forces a switch and hits the game winning fall back and everyone forgets the only reason the game was tied was he couldn't guard Allen with a 3 point lead.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jetlagged bigtime so watched it on the DVR>

Basically UCLA was 7 deep and in foul trouble and it caught them at the end. Welsh allowed like 7 points in the last 2 minutes trying not to foul and then ironically fouling out with an ill advised attempt to draw a charge when he was still in the circle.

Key for UCLA is getting Goloman back, if they do, theyr'e 8 deep, if they don't they will continue to have a depth issue because save the last 2 games they've got absolutely nothing from Noah Allen this season.

I was just about to call Cal the best team in the conference until I found out they lost to Oregon.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He certainly didn't shoot UCLA out of the game against KU earlier this year. In fact he didn't really shoot at all

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He certainly didn't shoot UCLA out of the game against KU earlier this year. In fact he didn't really shoot at all

THat was by far the worst loss for UCLA this year, never in the game from the opening tip. KU is the best team we've seen all year, by far.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
THat was by far the worst loss for UCLA this year, never in the game from the opening tip. KU is the best team we've seen all year, by far.

That's my point, the key to beating UCLA isn't to hope Alford shoots them out of a game, it's to not let him get a shot off.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Team had no business being ranked #7. Defense is atrocious and evidently, the team didn't learn anything from the UCLA game. Not sure what else Miller can do. Literally no perimeter defenders on this roster.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Freshman blues. Trier missed FT's and Simon's terrible foul. This team is clearly not winning the P12.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Freshman blues. Trier missed FT's and Simon's terrible foul. This team is clearly not winning the P12.

Won't say "clearly" since Zona is only 3 games into conference play, but it needs to learn to play better perimeter defense.

Coming back to McKale for the first time since Christmas time will be helpful. What is helpful is that there are only 6 more road games left on the schedule and 9 more home games.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Trier out 4-6 weeks with a broken metatarsal. Basically, if you're an Arizona athlete, you're gonna get injured

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully Pitts comes back soon, he would at least be an extra player.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Pitts comes back soon, he would at least be an extra player.

Anybody know the story on him? He's not listed as injured anywhere I have seen he's just not playing. Officially it's a "personal issue" which would normally make you think academics or some non injury medical thing.

When it first happened I just assumed he was transferring since he'd been one of the guys rumored to be unhappy with PT coming into the season, but if that were it he'd be gone by now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think they got to #7 by a combination of rep and not a lot of great teams this year.

This is clearly one of Miller's least talented teams. Trier is a player, for sure. But no other dynamic athletes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard