Arizona Basketball 2015-2016

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miller outcoached Few in the 2nd half. To put this in perspective, Gonzaga, all time, was 149-9 at home. Hell of a homecourt advantage. Make that 149-10.

Sure helps with the team's overall confidence.

149-11.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Gonzaga just needs to go away. They get too much attention every year and never live up to it.

Well, Gonzaga isn't going away from Arizona seeing as we just signed another home-and-home with them. It's fine, because they are one of the few power programs in the west outside of the PAC, and few of the big programs out east want to play @ McKale.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should start a UCLA thread. :shrug:

Just updating the record. If they don't get Karnowski back soon they might lose a couple more there their guards just aren't good enough.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonzaga just needs to go away. They get too much attention every year and never live up to it.

I think Few does a very good job. It's not easy for him to recruit there so he lives on foreign kids and transfers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Simon scored 3 buckets last night, after having scored exactly 1 all year. 2 of his last night were sort of fluky where he lost control of the ball on the way up shot it and it went in.

Great athlete, I had said all along he didn't have a position I still think he's a 3. If he can play like that in close games against good competition it will really give Miller more depth.

About 4-5 teams right now that look like if things go well they could win the conference.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I like Simon and Comanche's motor. I think both him and Comanche are going to be good 3-4 year guys who are All Conference type players as upperclassmen. Beginning to look like Trier may be a 1st rounder. And the guy who was considered to be the best of this class won't suit up until next year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Simon and Comanche's motor. I think both him and Comanche are going to be good 3-4 year guys who are All Conference type players as upperclassmen. Beginning to look like Trier may be a 1st rounder. And the guy who was considered to be the best of this class won't suit up until next year.

Bill Walton was comparing Simon to Pippen but then he admitted he'd never seen him before

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm thinking JJ got a first hand glimpse of what he can do with Allen, Allonzo and Ristic next year. His mom being there was a good sign IMO.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I'm thinking JJ got a first hand glimpse of what he can do with Allen, Allonzo and Ristic next year. His mom being there was a good sign IMO.

JJ knows what his role would be on this team and how he'd play for Miller. This could very well have been a trip more for mom than JJ himself.

Allen, Zo, Ristic, Smith, JJ, Markk, PJC, Simon, and Pitts would be a very lethal rotation.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

JJ knows what his role would be on this team and how he'd play for Miller. This could very well have been a trip more for mom than JJ himself.

Allen, Zo, Ristic, Smith, JJ, Markk, PJC, Simon, and Pitts would be a very lethal rotation.

Do people still think Allonzo stays in college for more than a season? If so, why? He sure looks like a pro prospect to me and his body looks like it would hold up to the demands of the NBA. Still has lots to learn but isn't that the standard these days for draft picks?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ace said JJ and his mom told Miller he's going to AZ. Hasn't people's problems with him being more about the way he goes about his buisness and not his actual info? Anyways we'll see.

JJ to MSU tomorrow. :lol:

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Ace said JJ and his mom told Miller he's going to AZ. Hasn't people's problems with him being more about the way he goes about his buisness and not his actual info? Anyways we'll see.

JJ to MSU tomorrow. :lol:

Info is usually on point, but he's still a dick.

It's like that guy who sells you a brand new $1500 MacBook for $400--you're grateful for the deal, but feel slimy because you know he's a criminal and got the computer off the back of a truck.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Info is usually on point, but he's still a dick.

It's like that guy who sells you a brand new $1500 MacBook for $400--you're grateful for the deal, but feel slimy because you know he's a criminal and got the computer off the back of a truck.

He's a jackass but then so is his source. He must be entrusted by Miller yet he's gotta know Miller hates Ace so he's just as bad.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Excellent win @ ASU. Just another great coaching job by Miller.

Also? will Ray Smith coming off two torn ACL's be significantly better than Tollefson? Hopefully so...

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Miller was in Hurley's head. Completely overmatched.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Excellent win @ ASU. Just another great coaching job by Miller.

Also? will Ray Smith coming off two torn ACL's be significantly better than Tollefson? Hopefully so...

Ray Smith hasn't played much basketball since he was a junior in high school. It's hard to truly gauge what kind of player he will be at the collegiate level because of the rust and injuries

Just hope and pray that Josh Jackson is Tucson bound.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard