Arians to Cardinals fans: ‘It ain’t worth’ selling your tickets

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait, so now they're selling all these games? You're just making crap up Shane. And even if that's happened twice in a billion years, it's the exception to the rule, as opposed to our stadium whenever the Pack, Bears, Steelers, Seahawks or Vikings... or ANY major fanbase comes in and routinely buys up thousands of tickets.

and yeah, considering the Pack not only have sold out their stadium forever AND travel to make a difference on the road (which our fans have done... what, ONCE in St Louis this year for their entire history), yeah, they're better then us. I don't know how you can even make an argument there. Next time you see 10-15,000 Cardinals fans in GB, you let me know.

I'm not making crap up... I watched the Steelers/Pack game that I'm referring to even had a buddy Steelers fan who was there... That place was full of Steeler fans when the camera panned Lambeau... Now granted didn't watch the cowboys game nor know who did other then the poster above I trust the poster who said there was a ton of them there... Is he lying I suppose he could be but why???

Point being it is an NFL wide thing and not merely reduced to only "****ty" cards fans as you guys would say unloading their home tickets... As you guys sit there supposedly all embarrassed hiding your collective heads from the rest of the world in shame ;)

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
My wife can't go to this game, so her ticket goes to a buddy for free. Never even considered I could make money off it. Granted, we sit in the nosebleeds and pay 35 dollars a game so its not completely unaffordable for us. Anyway, I have considered buying a second set and selling them to my friends for most games, but then cashing in on them for bigger games. We do play the Patriots at home next year I believe... But then I become ashamed of myself for even considering that option.

My wife's brother and dad are flying in from Oregon for the Cardinals Seahawks game. I'm sure they'd probably normally root for the Seahawks, but they are getting Cardinals hats and shirts for christmas, and they will wear them to the game.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In the end I know the 30k Diehard SDS fans will be there. That's all we've ever needed.

I love this. Although I went to many more games at SDS than I have at the new stadium, still a great sentiment. It's probably true too, in some respects, if you think about it. We aren't a "town" where tickets are handed down from family to family, that just isn't us, never will be. But I do think we have an advantage in the new era. We're a destination, a football destination, and I don't really care how it happens or what it's comprised of.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is awesome it's like the endless roof debate thread and the P&R forum had a baby and this thread is that baby.

:)

GO CARDS!

Stewie Griffin

Veteran
Reaction score
Sold my tickets. Spending Christmas with my family on the east coast and returning to AZ on 1/2/16. I've been to both preseason games and all 6 regular season games to this point. Will be back for the season finale and playoffs. I have no regrets, blame the schedule if you must. Family >>>> football.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's really to me as simple as if you purchase tickets you have the right to do with them whatever you want. No one knows your life or circumstances that lets you go or not go, or sell to potentially profit when an opportunity arises. Your not any less of a fan IMO, if it may allow you to keep purchasing season tickets and be there most games!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold my tickets. Spending Christmas with my family on the east coast and returning to AZ on 1/2/16. I've been to both preseason games and all 6 regular season games to this point. Will be back for the season finale and playoffs. I have no regrets, blame the schedule if you must. Family >>>> football.

this I don't have a problem with. if you're not going to be in town, be all means, sell. I just can't for the life of me fathom selling the tickets, while in town, unless you're really hurting for cash.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this I don't have a problem with. if you're not going to be in town, be all means, sell. I just can't for the life of me fathom selling the tickets, while in town, unless you're really hurting for cash.

Just shows that being at the game doesn't mean much to many fans, IMHO. Personally, our memories/game day experiences are not for sale.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have guys like BIM (and others) last week saying the noise level of the crowd was no different and the "decibal meter was just the same as it always is" even though the roof was open and it had thousands of Vikings fans there... So which is it??? It is worse or not? Because based off what he tells you there is no advantage???

It was about as loud as any other game - which isn't saying much, IMHO.

Whether the roof is open or closed, our fans pretty much suck at being loud and have for many years. Sanders and I and plenty of the old diehards get loud and stay loud the entire time the other team has the ball. All too many Cardinals' fans sit on their hands and don't make much noise UNTIL the bells start ringing and the announcer says "THIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRDDDDD DDDOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWNNNNN."

Uh, you CAN make noise on all other downs and on kicking plays. SMH It's almost as bad as the D-backs when it comes to prompting the fans to make noise/be loud. It is pretty embarrassing, really. Then, on the other hand, we need jumbotron animations/signs to tell the home team fans to be QUIET when we're on offense. SMH again.

This fan ignorance is not limited to our fans either. As I posted in the roof thread, "...the huge group of purple-clad fans in our section at the end of the game started a loud "Let's Go, Vikings !!" chant...trying to drown out the Cardinals' fans who were yelling like crazy for our defense. We appreciated the extra noise."

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Almost everyone has a price at some point. I was at a Monday night game at Lambeau earlier this year against the Chiefs, and during the National anthem unexpectedly heard a large part of the crowd yell Home of the Chiefs. I was actually impressed that their fans traveled to Lambeau, and more impressed with them when I learned later on that a lot of them took in a Badger game two days before because they were football fans on a weekend football trip and not Badger fans.

Years ago Bidwill asked the Packers to schedule a preseason game in Arizona to help attract Packer fans to fill his seats at the stadium. Bob Harlan the then CEO of the Packers said he was glad to help out. I wonder what Arians would have told his boss if he would have been the coach back then?

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I wonder just how many people that are selling their tickets have had them since the SDS days.

I know that it affected me. Like I said before. I could REALLY use the money right now. But I am holding out because the thought of leaving my Birdgang brothers behind to fight against a sea of enemy fans is unpalatable to me.

In the end I think Ron Wolfley was probably right. There your seats, you can do whatever you want with them. But if you sell out just because you can make a quick buck don't call yourself a die-hard. You're not.

This was sent from my cell pjone so please excise any typeos or other errors.

Last edited:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So I've avoided this thread like th plague because I know talking about other people's money is never worth the argument, but I wanted to stop by and say I love each and every one of you cardinals fans. We have been through the ringer.

I don't know if it has been posted but I heard a rumor in Miami is that they are not letting people renew season tickets if they notice they have posted their tickets on the ticket exchange site more than a couple of times. Thoughts? I think it's pretty slick.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder just how many people that are selling their tickets have had them since the SDS days.

I know that it affected me. Like I said before. I could REALLY use the money right now. But I am holding out because the thought of leaving my Birdgang brothers behind to fight against a sea of enemy fans is unpalatable to me.

In the end I think Ron Wolfley was probably right. There your seats, you can do whatever you want with them. But if you sell out just because you can make a quick buck don't call yourself a die-hard. You're not.

IMO going to a game or not has nothing to do with being a die hard. I mean, anyone who posts here is die hard yeah? I mean we all post on a damn forum all day about the cardinals. So everyone here is a die hard and only about half of the population has season tickets. I used to have season tickets and still go to a few games a year but I am starting to prefer being home for the game anyway. I can see more and dont miss as much.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
IMO going to a game or not has nothing to do with being a die hard. I mean, anyone who posts here is die hard yeah? I mean we all post on a damn forum all day about the cardinals. So everyone here is a die hard and only about half of the population has season tickets. I used to have season tickets and still go to a few games a year but I am starting to prefer being home for the game anyway. I can see more and dont miss as much.
Going to the games doesnt make you a diehard. Buying season tickets and then deciding you would rather cash out and sell your ticket to a packers fan revokes your diehard card. The diehard fan is in your seat.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to the games doesnt make you a diehard. Buying season tickets and then deciding you would rather cash out and sell your ticket to a packers fan revokes your diehard card. The diehard fan is in your seat.

that's the thing though, if I lives in PA I would probably be willing to pay $500 when the cardinals came to town because it is a rare opportunity.

Being in the town of your team and having 10 opportunities a year, its not worth $500 when all the other games are $100. I understand local packer fans shelling out dough to see the packers here as it is a rare occurrence. I do not expect any cardinal fan in the valley to be willing to do that when they could go to a different game.

Even as a die hard cards fan, I wouldnt do what the out of towners do. If I am going to spend a few thousand and take time off from work I prefer somewhere tropical over going to an away game. Thats just me though.

Playoffs are a different story.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
that's the thing though, if I lives in PA I would probably be willing to pay $500 when the cardinals came to town because it is a rare opportunity.

Being in the town of your team and having 10 opportunities a year, its not worth $500 when all the other games are $100. I understand local packer fans shelling out dough to see the packers here as it is a rare occurrence. I do not expect any cardinal fan in the valley to be willing to do that when they could go to a different game.

Even as a die hard cards fan, I wouldnt do what the out of towners do. If I am going to spend a few thousand and take time off from work I prefer somewhere tropical over going to an away game. Thats just me though.

I understand the Packers fan spending $500 for a game ticket. But the Cardinals fan didn't pay $500 for that seat. He paid $100, maybe less.

Look, I've had season tickets for years. They were $32 each game when I originally bought them in Sun Devil Stadium. There a little over $100 now. I seriously considered selling them for the Packers and Seahawks games because I could really use the money. I decided not to ( for the time being) because I've already paid for my tickets. That money's been accounted for. Anyone else in my situation I would not blame them for selling. However, when the opportunity came up last year, as it does every year, to cash out and sell individual games way above face value I don't even consider it. Why? Because to me you're not just selling your seat. You're selling your verbal support for the team. Its like throwing a pick sex in the endzone. You don't just lose the seven points the other team scored, you also lose the 7 points you were about to score.

I understand the Packers fan spending $500 for a game ticket. But the Cardinals fan didn't pay $500 for that seat. He paid $100, maybe less.

Look, I've had season tickets for years. They were $32 each game when I originally bought them in Sun Devil Stadium. There a little over $100 now. I seriously considered selling them for the Packers and Seahawks games because I could really use the money. I decided not to ( for the time being) because I've already paid for my tickets. That money's been accounted for. Anyone else in my situation I would not blame them for selling. However, when the opportunity came up last year, as it does every year, to cash out and sell individual games way above face value I don't even consider it. Why? Because to me you're not just selling your seat. You're selling your verbal support for the team. Its like throwing a pick sex in the endzone. You don't just lose the seven points the other team scored, you also lose the 7 points you were about to score.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
In the end I know the 30k Diehard SDS fans will be there. That's all we've ever needed.

Minus 3 we moved to Wisconsin in 1999...:mad:

All I can say it was a really good job offer. Of all the pros and cons we weighed the one that took us the longest was giving up our season tickets. So that is when my son and I decided we would attend at least one road game a year and try and get to every stadium, we're at 21 and counting.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

You guys are soooo melodramatic.... It's funny...

This happens EVERYWHERE... Any of you by chance see the Steelers the last time they played in Lambeau Field that place was loaded and I do mean loaded with Steeler fans waving their terrible towels and they were loud.... It happens in Lambeau freaking field to a stunning degree if the right team comes in... Spare me the were the laughing stock crap etc etc...

Shane you would be surprised at how many season ticket holders here in Wi actually go to the game. The bigger percentage sell them for profit, these tickets have been kept in the family for so many years that they are not even fans of football.

The difference is that packer fans are used to paying a premium for tickets, because that is their only way in. In Az they could get season tickets and therefore will not pay a huge price to see them play. That why you see opposing fans in our house.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose