Arians to Cardinals fans: ‘It ain’t worth’ selling your tickets

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Years ago Bidwill asked the Packers to schedule a preseason game in Arizona to help attract Packer fans to fill his seats at the stadium. Bob Harlan the then CEO of the Packers said he was glad to help out. I wonder what Arians would have told his boss if he would have been the coach back then?

Back in the SDS days when the Rams were rolling and the Cards were staggering towards a 4-12 finish the Cardinals promoted ticket travel packages in StL to come watch the Rams take us apart in Sun Devil. I never held it against them. Its a business, got to do what you've got to do. Telling the fans not to sell their tickets is absurd though.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd be more pissed that Cards fans don't pay $500 for tickets. Economics rule, and paying for your entire season tickets with one game is hard to complain about. The PROBLEM, as I see it, is not that season ticket holders might sell their tickets, but that there isn't a demand from local cards fans to BUY those tickets from them as soon as they hit the open market.

We have more than 60K fans here in the Valley. I guess there are only 40K "real fans" since they buy tickets and everyone else watches on TV.

This is exactly the question/issue I have.
Many times whenever I try to sell my tickets to Cardinals fans, it's like pulling teeth to just get rid of them.
If all the people talking a big game about money and budget not being an issue, why don't you go out and buy an extra pair of tickets from a broker and give them to one of your Cards buddies.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL!! Everyone has a price, every player has a price...$ rules the world

I love how non season ticket holders are placing their opinion on this thread...ya'll are like guys giving your opinion on abortion.

If you don't have season tickets your opinion isn't worth poop.

I'm still happy I sold my seats...when else are we going to make $500 for one ticket ($1,500 for the 3). Shoot that paid off my playoff seats AND extra cash to pay off x-mas.

My hope is that the Cardinals win and the Packer fans lose their money.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
LOL!! Everyone has a price, every player has a price...$ rules the world

I love how non season ticket holders are placing their opinion on this thread...ya'll are like guys giving your opinion on abortion.

If you don't have season tickets your opinion isn't worth poop.

I'm still happy I sold my seats...when else are we going to make $500 for one ticket ($1,500 for the 3). Shoot that paid off my playoff seats AND extra cash to pay off x-mas.

My hope is that the Cardinals win and the Packer fans lose their money.

Unless the Packers fans impact the game adversely. And K-9 is right about losing this weekend. And Seattle is more desperate in the final week. Then we have a WC team and those tickets are worthless.

:p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder just how many people that are selling their tickets have had them since the SDS days.

I know that it affected me. Like I said before. I could REALLY use the money right now. But I am holding out because the thought of leaving my Birdgang brothers behind to fight against a sea of enemy fans is unpalatable to me.

In the end I think Ron Wolfley was probably right. There your seats, you can do whatever you want with them. But if you sell out just because you can make a quick buck don't call yourself a die-hard. You're not.

agreed.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Semi-OT ---- are the Cards selling single game playoff ticks through Ticketmaster or the box office?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder just how many people that are selling their tickets have had them since the SDS days.

I know that it affected me. Like I said before. I could REALLY use the money right now. But I am holding out because the thought of leaving my Birdgang brothers behind to fight against a sea of enemy fans is unpalatable to me.

In the end I think Ron Wolfley was probably right. There your seats, you can do whatever you want with them. But if you sell out just because you can make a quick buck don't call yourself a die-hard. You're not.

This was sent from my cell pjone so please excise any typeos or other errors.

Pure ignorance

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, that was a well thought out argument I must compliment you on the thought and hard work that went into that post.
:sarcasm:

No well thought out post is really needed… You sit there holier then thou even though you need the money. And now all of a sudden you claim to be a better fan than others.. Good for you. I hope your view from your perch high atop that mountain you put yourself on looks good. I hope you enjoy it. Sit up there basking in your ignorance patting yourself on the back.. Im happy for you :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elsewhere in the division...

MANY UNHAPPY SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FANS SELLING SEASON TICKET LICENSES

http://abc7news.com/sports/many-unhappy-49ers-fans-selling-season-ticket-licenses/1009042/

The 49ers changed their ticket policy this year, opting for digital delivery, rather than hard tickets. License holders say they can't print the tickets until 72 hours before the game, making them harder to re-sell.

"We just hope that the 49ers would look at us as having already purchased these tickets and let us do what we want with them, rather than placing all these restrictions on them, to make it suit their needs, and allow them to make the most money possible," Burnes said.

More than 3,000 licenses are currently for sale on the official marketplace. Team officials say the re-selling of licenses is a natural part of the ticketing process, and that the overwhelming majority of ticket holders actually support e-ticketing, saying it helps reduce the potential for fraud.

Le is hoping for a compromise. He told us, "If they give us the hard tickets, I might think about keeping the seats, cause I could sell it, and make my money back to break even or make a little money."

:violin:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No well thought out post is really needed… You sit there holier then thou even though you need the money. And now all of a sudden you claim to be a better fan than others.. Good for you. I hope your view from your perch high atop that mountain you put yourself on looks good. I hope you enjoy it. Sit up there basking in your ignorance patting yourself on the back.. Im happy for you :)

Go hug your cash, pal. We'll be busy at the games. :)

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
You're damn right I claim to be a better fan than somebody who sells out purely for the money. And if that puts me on a perch high above them then good. The view is better in the air cleaner.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made note in the 'Roof' thread that I thought Chris and Shane were friends....Not so.

I'm making note in this thread that I thought BIM and Shane were friends.....Apparently not.

Common denominator is Shane. He has no friends... It's all his fault.....:D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I made note in the 'Roof' thread that I thought Chris and Shane were friends....Not so.

I'm making note in this thread that I thought BIM and Shane were friends.....Apparently not.

Shane's a cop. Enough said....:)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane's a cop. Enough said....:)

:biglaugh:

That is some good stuff right there

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sitting here still waiting on my lunch :mulli:

hahahaha

LOL I should have texted you for that on one of our recent Vegas trips. We did go to the airport on our last day there, but we didn't see the "photo cop" on duty. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're damn right I claim to be a better fan than somebody who sells out purely for the money. And if that puts me on a perch high above them then good. The view is better in the air cleaner.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say you're a better fan, but I think it definitely makes a BIGGER fan. We all love this team to death, we wouldn't all be posting on a message board and wasting countless hours of our life if we weren't all GREAT fans. But as far as who's a bigger fan, when it comes to situations like this, it actually CAN be quantified. If you love extra cash more then your team, the guy who values the team seems like the BIGGER fan. Not necessarily better or worse, just bigger. More diehard if that makes sense.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This thread is great. I sold my tickets. I got $1,071.10 after fees for $120.00 worth of tickets. I'm sorry I'm not a real fan. I will have to learn to live with myself. Funny thing is I have never sold my tickets before. Never knew I could get so much money for them until I read about it here. $951.10 in under 48 hours. Now if Green Bay gets beat by the Raiders and we roll Philadelphia all guilt will be gone. :p