Arians to Cardinals fans: ‘It ain’t worth’ selling your tickets

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been sitting on commenting on this for a few days. I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years. I have missed one game in this stadium and that was 8 years ago. I have never sold tickets to a game, though I have been tempted.

That said, the accusing way we've been told not to sell tickets is insulting. The problem isn't the die hard fans cashing in, though it happens and I don't blame anyone.

The problem is the sheer number of tickets held by scalpers. I'm on the visiting side lines. I have never seen the same face behind me twice in 10 years. Three rows of tickets all held by scalpers. Then there were families like the one in front of us who have 4 seats, admit to owning season tickets to multiple other teams, and sell almost all of the tickets. We see them in the seats maybe twice a year and sometimes then only in two of the seats.

I feel like I'm being chastised for something I haven't done (yet).

The Cardinals organization was desperate to start selling out the stadium, they made deals with that first Super Bowl ticket batch that brought in the scalpers and they've found it is profitable to stay. If they want to fix this, it isn't that hard to figure out which seats are being sold every week on Ticket Exchange or stub hub and non-renew those people.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just got one question. When we lose a home game to England next year or the year after will you guys be ok with it?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been sitting on commenting on this for a few days. I have been a season ticket holder for 12 years. I have missed one game in this stadium and that was 8 years ago. I have never sold tickets to a game, though I have been tempted.

That said, the accusing way we've been told not to sell tickets is insulting. The problem isn't the die hard fans cashing in, though it happens and I don't blame anyone.

The problem is the sheer number of tickets held by scalpers. I'm on the visiting side lines. I have never seen the same face behind me twice in 10 years. Three rows of tickets all held by scalpers. Then there were families like the one in front of us who have 4 seats, admit to owning season tickets to multiple other teams, and sell almost all of the tickets. We see them in the seats maybe twice a year and sometimes then only in two of the seats.

The Cardinals organization was desperate to start selling out the stadium, they made deals with that first Super Bowl ticket batch that brought in the scalpers and they've found it is profitable to stay. If they want to fix this, it isn't that hard to figure out which seats are being sold every week on Ticket Exchange or stub hub and non-renew those people.

I dont think you should feel chastized. What most of us love about BA is that he tells the truth and he says what he thinks. When you have a guy like that you have to be prepared for him to occasionally say something you dont like.

Bruce is not the boss of you. lol

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

The truth is, he wasnt talking to you....or me for that matter.

Also this:
http://m.wsvn.com/article.html?hash...-allowing-some-season-ticket-holders-to-renew
Apparently the Dolphins are not allowing some season ticket holders to renew because they've been reselling their tickets.

This was sent from my cell pjone so please excise any typeos or other errors.

Last edited:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The truth is, he wasnt talking to you....or me for that matter.

Also this:
http://m.wsvn.com/article.html?hash...-allowing-some-season-ticket-holders-to-renew
Apparently the Dolphins are not allowing some season ticket holders to renew because they've been reselling their tickets.

This was sent from my cell pjone so please excise any typeos or other errors.
This is very hypocritical considering the NFL promotes the NFL ticket exchange as a way for season ticket holders to "manage" their tickets. They are tracking who is selling through their own program and then punishing people for it. This will just drive people from there to stubhub, ebay, Craigslist, etc

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got one question. When we lose a home game to England next year or the year after will you guys be ok with it?

No. I was pissed over the Mexico City game. Still am to a degree. Sucks to lose a home game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm asking the people who are ok with selling their tickets to a home game, would they be upset if the NFL took a home game.

Of course one less chance for us to make a killing on selling our tickets to the other side ;)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm asking the people who are ok with selling their tickets to a home game, would they be upset if the NFL took a home game.

Ah, gotcha. You're saying that the NFL might just decide - "Their own fans don't even care about going to home games so let's move one of theirs." Makes sense and will suck if it happens.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. You're saying that the NFL might just decide - "Their own fans don't even care about going to home games so let's move one of theirs." Makes sense and will suck if it happens.
Well it's a near certainty that it will happen even before this, so those who feel no guilt in selling should have no room to bitch when the NFL does their thing.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NFL will do their thing regardless of whether people are selling their tickets. They want games in London and abroad it will happen to everyone, people selling or not selling their tickets will have ZERO effect!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The other thing that doesn't seem to be discussed here is that these games are intentionally scheduled this way. Yeah it's great to not have to travel to the cold this time of year, but do you REALLY think it is an accident that we are scheduled at home against two midwest teams during December? Come on man.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So.....

What if someone sold 2 tickets, but still had 4 tickets and is planning on still going to the game?? Does that make the person a "sell out" even though they are going to the game with 4 Cardinals fans, but made some money on selling the other 2??? Just asking for a friend... :p

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So.....

What if someone sold 2 tickets, but still had 4 tickets and is planning on still going to the game?? Does that make the person a "sell out" even though they are going to the game with 4 Cardinals fans, but made some money on selling the other 2??? Just asking for a friend... :p

That scenario is different to me. There is a huge difference in selling extra seats and still going to the game compared to selling your only seats and not going to the game at all.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The other thing that doesn't seem to be discussed here is that these games are intentionally scheduled this way. Yeah it's great to not have to travel to the cold this time of year, but do you REALLY think it is an accident that we are scheduled at home against two midwest teams during December? Come on man.

And when we were in the NFC East the Giants , Redskins And Eagles more often than not were late season home games also.

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
MadJack the Banner Guy here...

I will reserve my opinion on this hot topic and save it for my banner where it will be crystal clear for GB and their fans!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That scenario is different to me. There is a huge difference in selling extra seats and still going to the game compared to selling your only seats and not going to the game at all.

Wanted to add - I personally would sell any extra seats (for less) to known Cardinals fans and would not sell to any known fans of the other team. But, that's just me. I'd rather eat them or give them for free to other Cards' fans than provide a seat for the enemy (regardless of the price of the tickets).

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadJack the Banner Guy here...

I will reserve my opinion on this hot topic and save it for my banner where it will be crystal clear for GB and their fans!

:thumbup:

I'll be there and will post a picture of it on Facebook and ASFN as always. :D

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
So.....

What if someone sold 2 tickets, but still had 4 tickets and is planning on still going to the game?? Does that make the person a "sell out" even though they are going to the game with 4 Cardinals fans, but made some money on selling the other 2??? Just asking for a friend... [emoji14]
I might be in that same exact position for the playoffs.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But what if those sold seats go to opposing fans?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The NFL will do their thing regardless of whether people are selling their tickets. They want games in London and abroad it will happen to everyone, people selling or not selling their tickets will have ZERO effect!

The point is that people can't bitch about losing an NFL home game and yet be ok with selling their seats to a home game.

We know that the losing a home game to London is pretty much and lock and has been on the NFL's radar for a while but it will be interesting to hear the backlash when it actually happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson