Arians to Cardinals fans: ‘It ain’t worth’ selling your tickets

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
From Facebook (saw it because he tagged Jurecki in it):

"I thought I try to locate lower level Seattle Seahawks vs Arizona Cardinals tickets one last time...... it was a waste of time. It just seems like Cardinals fans don't want to sell their tickets to other Cardinals fans at face value to help fill The NEST with true, loyal Cardinals fans. They want to sell their tickets to, WHOEVER with the most money. That's just wrong and sad. I will not buy tickets three times $$$ what they are really worth and I know other real fans won't either. I will spend money to support my team but, not to line someone's greedy pockets! Oh well, if it's meant for us to find tickets I'm sure a solution will present it self. But we love our Arizona Cardinals! And we'll be there to have fun, with or without the tickets!"

Now, I certainly get the debate among season ticket holders about selling off tickets and whatnot, but for this guy to bitch that no one will give him (a complete stranger) tickets at face value vs. selling them to some another stranger on the open market for 5x+ face value because "no real fans will pay that" just seems ridiculous to me.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"I thought I try to locate lower level Seattle Seahawks vs Arizona Cardinals tickets one last time...... it was a waste of time. It just seems like Cardinals fans don't want to sell their tickets to other Cardinals fans at face value to help fill The NEST with true, loyal Cardinals fans. They want to sell their tickets to, WHOEVER with the most money. That's just wrong and sad. I will not buy tickets three times $$$ what they are really worth and I know other real fans won't either. I will spend money to support my team but, not to line someone's greedy pockets! Oh well, if it's meant for us to find tickets I'm sure a solution will present it self. But we love our Arizona Cardinals! And we'll be there to have fun, with or without the tickets!"

Now, I certainly get the debate among season ticket holders about selling off tickets and whatnot, but for this guy to bitch that no one will give him (a complete stranger) tickets at face value vs. selling them to some another stranger on the open market for 5x+ face value because "no real fans will pay that" just seems ridiculous to me.

Seems clear cut to me... the law of supply vs demand. Packer fans just want the tickets more than some Cards fans and are willing to pay the price.

I just hope the Cards want it more and are willing to pay the price for a #beatdown.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, at my family's annual Christmas Eve dinner, my uncle relayed a funny story to me.

He had gotten together the week before with some of his friends and their kids. One couple has a daughter that was hoping to go see the Cardinals and Packers. The mom asked my uncle to call me and ask about my tickets to the game. He just laughed her off, so she asked again later and he kind of blew her off again with a "Yeah, right." So, much later in the evening, she says to him "If you don't want to call and ask Brian, do you mind if I do? We're willing to pay big money for the tickets." He just broke into laughter and said, "I am not going to call him because he goes to every game. You have no shot at getting his tickets."

:thumbup:

:newcards:

BIM

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That guy is a joke.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The good news is I have been hearing from a lot of cardinals fans I know who never go to games that they will be there tomorrow (today?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What they are really worth is what people will pay for them. Wish it were Cards fans willing to pay, but they aren't and Packer fans are. When I sell tickets, I'd pay extra if they were guaranteed to go to Cards fans, if that were an option.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone in the organization should Buy tickets from broker and sell them to Cardinals fans even if they dont earn nothing

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Someone in the organization should Buy tickets from broker and sell them to Cardinals fans even if they dont earn nothing

They should just check through the season those seats that are clearly being used by brokers, ie travelling fans every game and revoke the tickets. Might take years to weedle them out but it's do'able.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this on facebook - from the yesterday's game. LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The anticipated take over of the stadium did not happen. As of the night before the game, there were still a lot of tickets posted for sale. Apparently, even Packer fans were not willing to pay $300 for a nose-bleed seat, lol.

I'd say it was 70/30 and the Packer fans were pretty quiet throughout anyway.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
They should just check through the season those seats that are clearly being used by brokers, ie travelling fans every game and revoke the tickets. Might take years to weedle them out but it's do'able.

Ridiculous. You can't discriminate a sale based on what team they like.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Sure you can. Reserve the right to refuse service... Blah blah.

Team pref not a protected class

You have already served the ticket broker who has bought tickets for the past 18 years and sold them every week.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
In several baseball stadiums they have seat licenses and part of the contract states that you cannot sell your tickets or they will be revoked.

At this point the Cards often need the opposing team fans/ticket brokers to sell out some of the games. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We are not in Green Bay with a lifetime long waiting list.

The only reason the Cardinals have a waiting list is because seats were already sold individually and the buyer has to wait until next season to buy the entire season. If we had 65,000 season ticket holders, this would not be an issue.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems clear cut to me... the law of supply vs demand. Packer fans just want the tickets more than some Cards fans and are willing to pay the price.

I just hope the Cards want it more and are willing to pay the price for a #beatdown.

Yep. The problem is with the buyers, not the sellers. Cards fans are not willing to pay as much for tickets as opposing team fans.

That said. Yesterday was a worst case scenario and Cards fans stepped up. There was lots of red in that stadium. The battle that went on in the stands was fun.

BTW. I knew a number of valley residents who normally cheer for the Cardinals but are from WISCONSIN and went to the game with their PACKER gear on. It's an experience like they had yesterday that might eventually encourage them to come over from the dark side.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly have no problem with fans selling tickets to a game. My rational is this, season tickets are not cheap, nor is going to a game. So, if you can make up a large portion of the cost for one game, then do it. Let some sucker pay for your other 9 home games and maybe even a playoff game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sold 3 of our tickets, for above face value via NFL Fan Exchange. My wife and I went, and the tickets were sold to CARDINAL fans. I was beyond happy. It has been my biggest complaint overall, but there was a Card Fan family and they were super into the game. It couldn't have broke better for me. My renewal will be $1200 cheaper next season, the Cards win, we were there, and my tickets went to Cards fans. Perfect storm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard