Arians to Cardinals fans: ‘It ain’t worth’ selling your tickets

BIGRED1959

Go Cardinals!
Reaction score
Now Fitzgerald is calling out the ticket sellers......said it "irks" him to point of disappointment.

Im sorry but if you sell your tickets because you are playing the poor card.....STOP BUYING SEASON TICKETS. Buy individual games. Its that simple , stop making excuses.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I just looked at Cardinal season tickets. Are they really that cheap? For what I could pay for upper level midfield seats for the Cards I'm paying for corner endzone seats in Philly.

They are for now, but won't be for long!

The season ticket wait list appears to be pretty long (I'll explain why later).

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Cards and want them to enjoy any home field advantage available (roof included).

For the coach to call out fans crosses the line, IMO.

This is a for profit business for the Cards and the coaches don't go to work for free.

The Cards could give the tickets away for free and prohibit re-sale if they wanted to maximize their advantage and minimize their revenue. That's an extreme, but this isn't solely on the fans.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting, because if they win, I'm guessing the demand increases: it's just a question of who's willing to pay more--Cardinals fans or visitors. Someone else mentioned that local fans have the option of attending other games. Personally, I'd love to see a marquee matchup, but the Cards are whom I want to see: I'd probably be happier paying a lot less to see a different game (especially a divisional game).

My thought is if you keep paying to see your team lose then you will eventually get tired of paying premium prices.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The season ticket wait list appears to be pretty long (I'll explain why later).

Yes, I'm interested in your explanation :)

Why can't they revoke some of those broker tickets (especially the out of town ones) and offer them to people on the waiting list?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well this is embarrassing:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/16/the-new-americas-team-may-not-be-arizonas-team/

The new America’s Team may not be Arizona’s team

Yeah I've been saying for a while this was going to happen.

When I saw the schedule it was one of the first things that caught my eye.

Our last 3 home games are Vikings, Packers, Seahawks.

I expected us to be good this year, most likely a playoff team and giving Seattle a run for the division.

So I looked at that schedule and thought great, we're a good team, in our 3rd year of success on this run and in our final 3 season homegames there will be a crapload of opposing fans there.

I think that is the point that is getting missed in this debate. If you sell your tickets you sell your tickets its a free country, but this has to have a psychological effect on the players.

And please, spare me the; "They are millionaires they should do their job" machismo.

Football is an emotional sport, you feed off your home crowd (see the endless roof debate) so I dont care how much of a pro you are.

Imagine for a moment you are a member of the Cardinals. You went to college at a big school back east like LSU, Michigan, Florida, etc... Your whole life you have counted on feeding off your home crowd. So now you are running out of the tunnel in your home stadium for a game against the packers. A game where you are trying to seal up the 2 seed in the NFC, you have already won your division and you are considered one of the best teams in the NFC... So you run out of the tunnel in your home stadium and you are slapped in the face by 30,000 packer fans.

That just flat out sucks and again, I dont care how much of a "pro" you are, that has to have a disheartening effect on a team. You feel like, man, what do we have to do?

Players dont care about the whole debate of who's fault it is or if it's right or wrong. All they know is they have to use a silent count in their home stadium. All they know is they dont have as many diehard fans as other teams.

Other teams notice it to, and I'm sure aren't shy about pointing it out to our players. Which is why I have been saying all year that I hope the coaching staff is mentally preparing these guys for what is coming at the end of the year. Even the Seattle game will have quite a few bandwagoning 12's asking what exactly is happening on the field right now.

Like I've said, it's not going to change anytime soon, and it really doesn't matter who's fault it is, it just sucks. And I agree, it is embarassing, but Phx is what it is. People want to move here, people want to vacation here and those same people want to go see "their team" play when they come here.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I suppose it would irk the players, but I also bet that half the players on the Cardinals were not fans of their local teams growing up. In fact, I don't want to know how many of them were Cowboys, Steelers, and Niners fans.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

I expected us to be good this year, most likely a playoff team and giving Seattle a run for the division.

So I looked at that schedule and thought great, we're a good team, in our 3rd year of success on this run and in our final 3 season homegames there will be a crapload of opposing fans there.

I think that is the point that is getting missed in this debate. If you sell your tickets you sell your tickets its a free country, but this has to have a psychological effect on the players.

And please, spare me the; "They are millionaires they should do their job" machismo.

Football is an emotional sport, you feed off your home crowd (see the endless roof debate) so I dont care how much of a pro you are.

Imagine for a moment you are a member of the Cardinals. You went to college at a big school back east like LSU, Michigan, Florida, etc... Your whole life you have counted on feeding off your home crowd. So now you are running out of the tunnel in your home stadium for a game against the packers. A game where you are trying to seal up the 2 seed in the NFC, you have already won your division and you are considered one of the best teams in the NFC... So you run out of the tunnel in your home stadium and you are slapped in the face by 30,000 packer fans.

That just flat out sucks and again, I dont care how much of a "pro" you are, that has to have a disheartening effect on a team. You feel like, man, what do we have to do?

Players dont care about the whole debate of who's fault it is or if it's right or wrong. All they know is they have to use a silent count in their home stadium. All they know is they dont have as many diehard fans as other teams.

Other teams notice it to, and I'm sure aren't shy about pointing it out to our players. Which is why I have been saying all year that I hope the coaching staff is mentally preparing these guys for what is coming at the end of the year. Even the Seattle game will have quite a few bandwagoning 12's asking what exactly is happening on the field right now.

Like I've said, it's not going to change anytime soon, and it really doesn't matter who's fault it is, it just sucks. And I agree, it is embarassing, but Phx is what it is. People want to move here, people want to vacation here and those same people want to go see "their team" play when they come here.

Breaks my heart to think the offense is going to have to go to a silent snap count, in their own building, with the #2 seed on the line.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its got to make the players feel real good when their fans decide to sell off a chance to see them and support them. This is so embarrassing.

I am sure the players are going to be a little upset, but they aren't going to worried about the fans when the game is going. I see it both ways as in not selling tickets and selling them. Easy to say from Arians or players because they make millions, while the average person going to the games can have a wonderful Christmas and still be able to watch the game at home. But I understand the other side being our home field and seeing a lot of visiting fans in the stands can be embarrassing. Its been happening here ever since the Cards got here and most likely never change

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
lol whatever, those poor players

Poor players? Poor us. We (real Cardinal fans) are the laughingstock of the league. Again. During the best season we've ever seen, we have to hear about it from fans of other teams.

It sucks.

BIGRED1959

Go Cardinals!
Reaction score
Poor players? Poor us. We (real Cardinal fans) are the laughingstock of the league. Again. During the best season we've ever seen, we have to hear about it from fans of other teams.

It sucks.

i agree. its a shame that there are fans out there that fail to support the team then turn it around on the coach and players because the make more money. Such a copp-out.

Whatever, when im there i will lose my voice and cheer for those who decide to make excuses and sell their tickets off and turn their back on the team and the REAL fans. Really burns my ass.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Many times I have heard Cardinals coaches and players after road games say how great it was to see our fans and our colors in the stands and give props to those fans for traveling, etc, (this last road game @ STL for example) without ripping on or calling out that team's local fans, so why then do they choose to do it when the exact same thing happens here?

They obviously understand it is a reality in the NFL because they have been on the other side of it, right? There is a touch of hypocrisy going on here.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Many times I have heard Cardinals coaches and players after road games say how great it was to see our fans and our colors in the stands and give props to those fans for traveling, etc, (this last road game @ STL for example) without ripping on or calling out that team's local fans, so why then do they choose to do it when the exact same thing happens here?

They obviously understand it is a reality in the NFL because they have been on the other side of it, right? There is a touch of hypocrisy going on here.

A Rams fan, knowing the season is lost, and perhaps that the team is moving, decides they don't want to go to a meaningless game and sell their tickets that they weren't going to use anyway.

A Cardinals fan, knowing their team is a contender and playing the most important game of the year, makes a cash grab.

Not the same thing.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
A Rams fan, knowing the season is lost, and perhaps that the team is moving, decides they don't want to go to a meaningless game and sell their tickets that they weren't going to use anyway.

A Cardinals fan, knowing their team is a contender and playing the most important game of the year, makes a cash grab.

Not the same thing.

It's not just the Rams game a couple of weeks ago. Do you remember a PLAYOFF game in Carolina where the HC was doing a victory lap around the entire field high fiving basically every Cardinals fan in attendance that day?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very well put.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the mix changes if we end up playing them again in the divisional round.

Hopefully the Raiders can beat the Pack this Sunday so we can clinch the NFC West and the bye with a win in Philly. That will make the last two regular season games meaningless from a playoff seeding standpoint.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score

It sucks.

See I just don't understand why crap like this matters to anyone. I'm enjoying a great season. When various 49er, Cowboy, Bear fans come up to me Monday morning to talk football they congratulate me on the team's success and what happened on the field, not about what is going on with fans. Seriously, what's up with the insecurity?

It's like it's not enough to just be happy having a successful winning team for some people anymore, it's like the fans want credit too.

Last edited:

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
It is awful seeing so many travelling fans in there, but it's getting better year on year.

If there is an opposing fan in your season ticket seat the seat should be locked for the next home game, or something! Make the PM less appealing to people selling them on some way.

Of course a winning team and people wanting to go would help. Oddly enough though, I think if we clinch the division there are likely more sold for Packers than if it was a must win.

In short, don't sell your tickets ya halfwits!!!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
See I just don't understand why crap like this matters to anyone. I'm enjoying a great season. When various 49er, Cowboy, Bear fans come up to me Monday morning to talk football they congraulate me on the team's success and what is happens on the field, not about what is going on with fans. Seriously, what's up with the insecurity?

It's like it's not enough to just be happy having a successful winning team for some people anymore, it's like the fans want credit too.

I don't want credit. I want to read national articles about how well our team is doing. Instead, I see PFT painting us all as crap fans. Its not insecurity. Its annoyance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson