Anyone want 2 free tickets to the Mercury game on May 20th or the 25th?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have tickets that I got from Fry's Grocery and wanted to see if anyone wanted them? Let me know and I can get them to you.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be at the game Friday!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I was at that game, too. Losing the lead, then the game on the final shot, was not fun. But sitting center court facing the benches was. And the atmosphere of a Mercury game.

I was surprised to hear the voice of Jeff Munn (my favorite sports voice after Vin Scully) courtside. That made it extra special.

I had emailed Jeff some years ago, wishing him good luck in pursuing opportunities as a major sport radio play-by-play voice. And did so again Friday night on Facebook, asking if he was the Mercury field announcer this year. I know he does some ASU games.

Here was his response.

Hi Barry. First of all, thanks. I'm handling the Mercury assignment for this season. I'm in the midst of trying to sort out what direction to go with my career. Opportunities are not plentiful, so I have to be careful to make the right choices.

At the Mercury, I'm working with many, many friends, and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks so much for your kind comments. When I have news I'll be sure to let everyone know.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Jeff as an announcer, too. I hoped he had something in the hopper when he left the dbacks but maybe it didn't pan out?

And yes, losing the game with 2.5 seconds left really sucked. Im headed to the game tomorrow and hopefully things will go better.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tickets - we had fun! (and saw 32)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson